Them's Fightin' Herds: Clans & Factions

Laurel Crown

Leader of the Proud Nation of Velvetia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Honestly, I thought the Council wouldn't count as FactionRP if it have a restricted number of members due to the story behind it.
I will add it soon enough.

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
I mean it seems kinda in the air how the Council works, it's possible people will be able to take roles that aren't representing a different group. Nobodies' actually tried joining it as their first faction yet, so...

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
I'm totally open to the council just having members. I only brought in the reps to pad out the membership for now since I ain't got nobody...
Yeah, I kinda thought that's how it would work, the council would have members that aren't representatives at all. We need guys who can be impartial after all, otherwise it's not exactly a neutral faction, it's just a bunch of guys who disagree on things slapped into a single room :p

Reactions: Feanor

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Awwww! You mean I DON'T get to throw pies at everyone I disagree with!? Aw maaaaan!

Cronnicossy

Fighter Enthusiast & Teacher
Backers' Beta Tester
Wait so, didn't the dev's say they'd implement something like Factions? I mean, I can totally see it with the Visual Lobby.
You got Username and <Faction> under it. Idk. It'd make things really fun.

It could be like a chance to do Crew Battles (Faction Fights) or something.

Now I'm just thinking out loud.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Wait so, didn't the dev's say they'd implement something like Factions? I mean, I can totally see it with the Visual Lobby.

You know, that's actually kinda how I expect this to turn out. Outside of all of the lovely forum RP that is.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council

I feel like even if they weren't planning to add something like that, they'll probably end up doing it now because of all the factions that popped up out of the blue in the first week or so of the forums

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
I feel like even if they weren't planning to add something like that, they'll probably end up doing it now because of all the factions that popped up out of the blue in the first week or so of the forums
I actually think competitive team snowball matches sound like a good idea, granted you can find enough players to join you, that is.

Reactions: Bucaramangaman

The Yaski

Acting representative of the Empire of Tianhuo
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
In that case, would you be the representative for the UFC DungeonMiner? Or would you elect a representative from your future members like the other factions?

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
That's the thing, I don't know. I mean, as it is the "third party", technically the UFC wouldn't even need a representative, because it is just a moderating party for the other factions to minimize conflict and provide neutral ground, so nobody should have conflict with them. Buuuuuuuuut, if the UFC did ever get big enough, they might need one to separate duties between moderating their members and monitoring the activities of the other factions within their "halls."

Edit: Plus, a representative serves as a useful "second in command" should the leader be absent due to personal responsibilities.

Merge-edit: I mean, I'm fine whether DungeonMiner elects a representative one day or not, I'm just bringing this up as food for thought. (Done)

Last edited:

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
True, it was just a thought that came to me. No urgent matter behind it, I just wanted to share it before I forgot.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
This thread NEEDS to be at the forefront of the list. Not just because I want it to be there, but also because I believe people should know about it in case they want to join a faction.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Goodness. Ain't this thread a bit of history? But I think you might have a point. Once the game goes live, it would be good methinks to have this, or a simular thread, for newcomers to look at.