Them's Fightin' Herds: Backers' Beta starts May 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cera Cyannis

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 19, 2017
It's funny to see how many people are online now. They are checking each post time stamp to see if they to haven't gotten their key yet either. I mean it's not like I'm doing that right now or anything >.>
Ikr? must have hit the refresh in my email atleast 50 times this hour. The "Beta starting in a few hours. No specific time. Hang in there, guys!" is both reassuring and anxiety building.

Reactions: Tox

CountParadox

Is the answer to this question no?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kansas
Oh my gosh. Wow, so many people online now. XD I wonder if there has been times before where we had more on at one time?

Askerad

Fabulous French Froggie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Lyon, France
Aaah. I got a mail notification for you guys talking in that thread.

I just got a mail with Thems Fighting Herds in both sender and subject.

Argh my poor heart.

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
We're triple checking some legalese stuff with our battle lawyer, as well as tackling some eleventh hour issue with spectating that appeared JUST LAST NIGHT for every tester out of the blue, without any changes or for any discernible reason. Might have to disable spectating in vanilla lobby for the first day or so. We'll let you know.

Barring apocalypse tier catastrophes, Beta'll be up in a few hours, and start time shouldn't bleed into Friday PT. Maybe. It'll be late on the day, though.

Pony

I art sometimes
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I am not worried about the timing, its like music; First you got us interested and on the dancefloor, now we are just waiting for the BASS/game to drop and we will lose our minds and dance to your creation.

Reactions: Tox and Firekirby

Cera Cyannis

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 19, 2017
I assume it will be sent to everyone's emails. I have mine set to my phone so it beeps when the key comes in.
Same, I also will know via my phone, I'll be ready for it, the wait is making me ache but it will be worth it.

Midnight_Oil

Puppeteer!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
I'm worried because I've got my emails, ancient things they are, through Micro$oft, so I may have an additional level of wait time. o_O

CloppyHooves

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Apr 27, 2017
You and me both. I just picked up a used 360 controller on the way back from work. This is so exciting. Also, the beta is only going to have people who supported (at a fairly significant level) M6 from the beginning. So cool.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I'm not going to hang around, hoping it will appear in the next minute or so. No, I'm going to read. I'll probably come back in an hour or so, and if it's not in, I guess I won't be playing today, it'll have to wait until I get back from work tomorrow. C'est la vie, non?

ChaosContrl

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
We're triple checking some legalese stuff with our battle lawyer, as well as tackling some eleventh hour issue with spectating that appeared JUST LAST NIGHT for every tester out of the blue, without any changes or for any discernible reason. Might have to disable spectating in vanilla lobby for the first day or so. We'll let you know.

Barring apocalypse tier catastrophes, Beta'll be up in a few hours, and start time shouldn't bleed into Friday PT. Maybe. It'll be late on the day, though.
I am really glad that you tell us about those changes, even if they are near the beta release time, and the fact you are still making sure it goes as smooth as possible even now. This is a level of attention and care that I do appreciate, and makes me want to play your game even more, knowing it will be quality content right from the start! :)

AURESHION

Professional autist
Backers' Beta Tester
Mar 19, 2016
The place lost socks go to
I am really glad that you tell us about those changes, even if they are near the beta release time, and the fact you are still making sure it goes as smooth as possible even now. This is a level of attention and care that I do appreciate, and makes me want to play your game even more, knowing it will be quality content right from the start! :)
seems like I wont be able to play when it comes out then. internet turns off at midnight where I live (still don't know why).

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
seems like I wont be able to play when it comes out then. internet turns off at midnight where I live (still don't know why).
Do you have communal internet? Like, you share it with a building or something? If so, than chances are something else is powering down on a timer, and the router or modem is connected to it.

It could even be an outlet. We have an outlet here that, for whatever reason, is connected to a wall switch. Flick the wall switch, out goes the wall socket.

JetN

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
North Carolina
cant wait to get my hands on this. super excited, but itll come out when it comes out. dont worry about it

AURESHION

Professional autist
Backers' Beta Tester
Mar 19, 2016
The place lost socks go to
Do you have communal internet? Like, you share it with a building or something? If so, than chances are something else is powering down on a timer, and the router or modem is connected to it.

It could even be an outlet. We have an outlet here that, for whatever reason, is connected to a wall switch. Flick the wall switch, out goes the wall socket.
that could be it. but I can't do anything about it at this time. it'll be midnight in less than an hour here.

Ponyactive

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
It's funny to see how many people are online now. They are checking each post time stamp to see if they to haven't gotten their key yet either. I mean it's not like I'm doing that right now or anything >.>
Wait, have people started getting their keys?

Ponyactive

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Not yet no. I was just saying eveyone is watching the posts and waiting for the moment people are getting keys.
Ah, I see... I'm wondering if I should stay up, even though I have my math exam tomorrow, or to go to bed and get up in a few hours...

Gears9333

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Mar 18, 2017
Ah, I see... I'm wondering if I should stay up, even though I have my math exam tomorrow, or to go to bed and get up in a few hours...
You should get some sleep. The beta might not even show till Friday. The game will still be there when you wake up.

Reactions: Serial Dreemurr

Gears9333

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Mar 18, 2017
They stated the start time shouldn't bleed into Friday PT, maybe, I agree with you though, sleep is important, especially for a exam.
Yes, it shouldn't bleed into Friday but preparing for the worst and hoping for the best is probably best when you have exams.

Reactions: Ponyactive
Status
Not open for further replies.