Them's Fightin' Herds: Backers' Beta starts May 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
My 360 controllers have the USB cables that connect to the front of my 360. Should that work out fine or will I need to download a driver?

Draconic Breath

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Them's Fighting Herds beta, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 release, and Arms demo all in the same week!?

The fighting game gods are smiling upon me

Reactions: Tox and Verseal

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
If they are like, permanently attached and not from some kind of play-and-charge kit, you should be absolutely fine.
No, it's the play-and-charge kits. Meh. Maybe I can find something for sale at my work tomorrow.

Reactions: Tox

Cera Cyannis

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 19, 2017
It became the 25th not very long ago for me, hoping the codes are distributed sometime soon, probably later in the day. I am excited and eager to explore Fœnum.

Karilyn

Buttonmashing Scrub
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Well, I know I'll be checking in regularly today. I work tonight, so hopefully it'll release some time in the next few hours.

Don't sit mashing that F4 too hard, Mane6 said it was not a midnight launch, and to not expect it before midday Pacific Time. That's at least another 7-8 hours from now.

I'm itching to play as much as anyone but if it's not coming out before you go into work tonight, that sucks, but best not to get too stressed over it. It is what it is.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Don't sit mashing that F4 too hard, Mane6 said it was not a midnight launch, and to not expect it before midday Pacific Time. That's at least another 7-8 hours from now.

I'm itching to play as much as anyone but if it's not coming out before you go into work tonight, that sucks, but best not to get too stressed over it. It is what it is.
F5, you mean?

Eh, I won't stress. I might actually catch up on Lawyer Friendly Equines finally, or just read as I usually do. Plus Vanquish should be out soon on Steam. 8 hours from now would be pushing it, so far as my staying up to play a game goes.

Cera Cyannis

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 19, 2017
Where will you be when the Beta drops?
I personally will be home in my apartment all day, not much else happening, so I will be ready to start right after I receive my code.

marsephel

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
I leave on a trip to new york tomorrow with some college buddies, one of which was as good at Fighting is Magic as I was. It's going to be a gooood weekend.

Nix Avernal

Sheep-Unicorn Fusion Ungulate
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
I'm just going to sleep. But next morning, hooves are going to fly.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
From the journal of Tox.
26th of May 2017
0217 hours

I've lost track of the days. But, according to the prophecy: Beta will be here today.
I know I am not the first to say how excited I am for this. Hell, it's like christmas eve!
But for now, I must sleep. Rest. So that I may be ready for the frenzy in all it's fullness.

Reactions: Frogmyre

william pouliot

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016

Good news everyone!

The moment we've all been waiting for is finally at hand.

Backers Beta begins* on Thursday, May 25 PT.

*Subject to slight time variation due to circumstances out of our control, like Steam's key distribution/approval system (i.e. not "midnight" or something)

So there you have it. Watch the universe spontaneously combust now we've given a date.

Also, have a FAQ.

Q: Beta when?
A: May 25.

Q: Beta who?
A: Backers on $40 tiers and above. Upgrading tiers isn't available at this time (and unlikely to be in the future)

Q: Beta where?
A: Steam. Valid Steam account + online connection required. Windows PC Only. Mac/Linux beta happening post windows release.

Q: Beta what?
A: Training Mode, Local /Online Multiplayer, and Lobbies will be available.

Q: Minimum requirements?
A: Pretty open! Beta will help us find out how elastic they are before giving hard reqs for release. Here's some (conservative) baselines.
  • Dual-core CPU (2 GHz or greater speed)
  • DirectX 9C capable graphics card* (DirectX 10 capable card recommended**)
  • Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 ***
  • 2 GB available space
  • Broadband Internet connection
  • 2 GB RAM (3 GB recommended)

*lowest tested card: Intel Core i3 550 Integrated graphics chipset
**If your computer is less than 7 years old, it probably has a DirectX 10 ready card)
***Windows XP/Vista may work, but we have not tested on these platforms. We will be testing for compatability thoughout beta.

Q: How long will beta last?
A: Undefined. Until we've achieved a stable enough release.

Q: NDA?
A: Yes. Partially.

Q: Meaning?
A: During the first few days of beta (or more, or less, depending) players will be subject to an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement), which means you're not allowed to share screenshots or videos, stream gameplay, etcetera. You're required to agree to the NDA in order to participate in the Backers' Beta. Accounts breaching the NDA will forfeit access to Backers' Beta. Once the NDA period ends, (we'll let you know when), these restrictions will be lifted.

Q: Keys where?
A: If you qualify for Backers' Beta, you'll get a steam-redeemable key when it starts via e-mail from backerkit system.

Q: Bug reports where?
A: Our forum. (You'll need upgraded account to view the Beta sections. Beta Tester account upgrade might take up to 24hours after registering, so please register before beta!)

Need more details? got questions?, Let us have 'em, thread open!
How can I file some video in the bug section without posting them on youtube? If I post it but only avaiable with a link, will it be ok? Do you want bug category Like : Crash/freeze. Hard bug: some move or section doesn't work, soft lock etc. Medium : the hitbox or hurtbox doesn't work as entended etc. and the low one: swap color clipping, typo, missing colors etc. Of course, all bug that I will find will be documented with how to reproduce them and the % of repro

Odd Mess

Caribbean Bug
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
How can I file some video in the bug section without posting them on youtube? If I post it but only avaiable with a link, will it be ok? Do you want bug category Like : Crash/freeze. Hard bug: some move or section doesn't work, soft lock etc. Medium : the hitbox or hurtbox doesn't work as entended etc. and the low one: swap color clipping, typo, missing colors etc. Of course, all bug that I will find will be documented with how to reproduce them and the % of repro
You can upload the videos in private on youtube and put the link on the forum

Askerad

Fabulous French Froggie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Lyon, France
If it's supposed to hit around midday,it'll be 9pm for me (GMT+1) ... I should be able to play some tonight X)

So i suppose H-3 ? God the levels of hype are high.

Cera Cyannis

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 19, 2017
I hate when you are so far way, get stuck in traffic, are in the future, and get attacked by NS-5 robots being ordered by a sentient AI that wants to strip humanity of freedom.

Gears9333

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Mar 18, 2017
It's funny to see how many people are online now. They are checking each post time stamp to see if they to haven't gotten their key yet either. I mean it's not like I'm doing that right now or anything >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.