The "What are you playing right now, and progress" Topic.

Oreo

Keepin' It Stylish
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
D.M.V. FGC
I stopped playing Alien: Isolation. It came to a point where I wasn't making the time to play games anymore because I wanted to beat AI first and when I tried playing it again yesterday, not only was I super bored, but I looked at how much more of the game I had left to beat and I was barely halfway done with the thing. So I stopped and I don't intend to pick it back up again. I'll probably end up selling it to Gamestop or something.
The biggest problem with that game is that it's paced really, really badly. Pretty much all the bad stuff is right at the beginning, and it gets exponentially better as you keep playing. Unfortunately, that means it fails to hook a lot of people.

Progress update: I beat Bloodborne. I beat the main story and the DLC, doing as many lore-related sidequests and I could find and/or remember before I did the last boss(es). Only thing I didn't do was the Chalice Dungeons, but I made a new character immediately and went back in now that I know how I wanna distribute my stat points.

Reactions: PixelGrip94

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
The biggest problem with that game is that it's paced really, really badly. Pretty much all the bad stuff is right at the beginning, and it gets exponentially better as you keep playing. Unfortunately, that means it fails to hook a lot of people.

Progress update: I beat Bloodborne. I beat the main story and the DLC, doing as many lore-related sidequests and I could find and/or remember before I did the last boss(es). Only thing I didn't do was the Chalice Dungeons, but I made a new character immediately and went back in now that I know how I wanna distribute my stat points.
Isolation is trash after chapter 11. If the game had ended there, it would have been fine.

KonlyKlonely

The Pain of Existence lingers....
Oct 15, 2017
I just got a Nintendo Switch last Monday (Nov. 20), so I've been playing on that for a majority of my time. The only game I have on it is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Online Multiplayer is a lot of fun, and I'm trying to unlock everything at the game atm. :p

sokolgs

TFH Streamer
Jan 4, 2017
Russia, Moscow city
I have a very few time now, but recently i played:
1. RimWorld, where you crushed on alien planet and trying to build your colony when lots of random things happening and the game has lots of complicated economic, management, planning, and things i'm bad at. Though you can pet a lot of Alpacas or other ungulates or animals that will help you. Cute!)
2. F13-th TG, where my favorite tactic is to beat the hell outa Jason and win a lot of time, or be a stealth repair girl, that always saves the day with the car/cops. But mostly i love playing as Jason and kill 8/8 or play for high score, doing fancy kills.
3. FTL, where i have to risk a lot or die in the end of the playthrough, and while trying to do so die too, cuz normal difficulty is too damn hard when you play risky. Well... at least for me!

Reactions: Salty Beef

Salty Beef

Fau Con, at your service.
Well we bought an Xbox One slim last week, thinking we were gonna get it for 200 dollars and instead we got it for 300 something dollars, because Gamestop wouldn't let us redeem our coupons during black friday sales. anyways when we finally got the Xbox working we found, that its a piece of junk. we kind of regret getting it now.. the only reason we REALLY wanted it was to play Halo MCC and Halo 5 properly. we also got Killer Instinct but, it seems like a poor mans version of Mortal Kombat (We still are giving it more chance's to see if we DO like it though)

overall we are kinda disappointed with our little Halo Box... but at least we can finally play Halo 2 with better split-screen.

sorry for being so negative about it, just how I feel...

I have my eyes on Monster Hunter: Stories and Monster Hunter World
Oh yes, I certainly cannot wait for Monster Hunter World, its going to be so awesome!

Reactions: Zenopo

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm sure playing Ultra Moon right now. Next stop is taking down Olivia and resisting the urge to ask her out and her Rock mons.

That improved Grass trial was really something. I'm not exactly looking forward to the Ghost one.

neopokekun

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
I've been playing Sokoban IRL.

sokoban-irl.jpg

It's a puzzle game where you shuffle boxes in order to find the box you need to unpack and then shuffle more boxes to try to clear enough space so you can actually do it. (Translation: My apartment building is being refurbished and I've moved to another building in the meantime. Sequel in a year or so when I'm moving back.)

Actually, been playing lots of Switch games recently, Zelda, Binding of Isaac, Mario + Rabbids, Puyo PuyoTetris to name a few. Still need to pick up Mario Oddysey though. Also Megaman Collection 2 on the PC since I've been wanting to play Megaman 9 and 10 for years.

Reactions: Mage and Salty Beef

Mage

A Normal Person
Feb 26, 2017
Oblivion
I really want to play Fortnite Battle Royale but there's no conceivable way my computer could handle it... lol
Feels bad man...

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
Between big assignments, I've been reading through my increasingly massive VN library, currently going through Princess Evangile W Happiness, currently reading Marika's route, which feels more romantically natural than Konomi's route (probably helps that there's only a 1 year age gap rather than 3, making it less uncomfortable) and has a convincing reason why Masaya's choice female companion is so insecure about herself, though I can't say what it is without getting banished to the hold. Probably gonna go for either Mitsuki or Tamie next, but I know that I'm gonna finish off the new routes with Ruriko, if only for Panterbell, the truest of classy gentlemen.

Other than that, I'm also slowly going through Saya no Uta and another VN that is so unsavory and NSFW that I can't even give the title, lest I be banished to the hold.

Rodya

Perpetually tired
Jul 31, 2017
Coahuila, México
I've been playing Heroes of the Storm a lot lately, I don't even like MOBAS that much, it's just a mean to kill time.

Other than that, I'm also slowly going through Saya no Uta and another VN that is so unsavory and NSFW that I can't even give the title, lest I be banished to the hold.
You mean that there's something that's so unpleasant that Saya no Uta can be named but this one cannot? Damn, it must be pretty intense, then.

Mage

A Normal Person
Feb 26, 2017
Oblivion
The binding of Isaac afterbirth+ with undertale mods and about a bajillion characters. lol
I tried really hard to like that game. No game has made me lose patience as easily as Binding of Isaac, and video games don't usually get me frustrated easily. The RNG and constant punishment for not knowing every item by sight (like some upgrades actually being bad depending on what you already had) was just too much. Not to mention having to keep the Wiki open while playing just to understand what your items even do. I've never felt like any game hated me as much as Binding of Isaac. lol

Reactions: ty4brawl

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
I tried really hard to like that game. No game has made me lose patience as easily as Binding of Isaac, and video games don't usually get me frustrated easily. The RNG and constant punishment for not knowing every item by sight (like some upgrades actually being bad depending on what you already had) was just too much. Not to mention having to keep the Wiki open while playing just to understand what your items even do. I've never felt like any game hated me as much as Binding of Isaac. lol
I learned about most of the items through watching Northernlion, though doesn't help much when playing the undertale mod, cause everything has a new name and picture. Maybe there's a mod that let's you know if an item is good or not before picking it up.

Reactions: Mage and Salty Beef

Mage

A Normal Person
Feb 26, 2017
Oblivion
I learned about most of the items through watching Northernlion, though doesn't help much when playing the undertale mod, cause everything has a new name and picture. Maybe there's a mod that let's you know if an item is good or not before picking it up.
I've never used a mod before so I wouldn't want to go through the headache of getting it set up. Even then, some pickups that are normally good can be bad depending on what you've got. I've definitely had times where I had a lot of strength, then got a powerup that sacrifices strength to increase the rate of your bullets, resulting in my overall DPS being lowered.

Honestly, the game just isn't for me. Besides the unhelpful NES/Arcade UI, I just dislike the way the game is supposed to flow. Every run starts off tedious and stays tedious unless you get lucky with pickups and become a god that wrecks everything. Even then, the only reason it's fun is because you know you got lucky, not because it's exciting gameplay. That's just how it feels for me.

Last edited:

PixelGrip94

Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
So I beat Rise of the Tomb Raider pretty quickly (in like two days, gotta be a record for me) and it was okay. Again, functional but nothing special. At the end of it all, I wish the story and characters were better. The story was a predictable adventure story plot that we've heard multiple times already and all the protagonists were Mary Sues that (with the exception of Lara, obviously) were useful only in plot, but not in gameplay and the villains were the most interesting characters of the game.

Anyway, now I'm on Final Fantasy XV and I like it so far, but I'm only an hour in so we'll have to see.

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
I beat Sonic Forces. It was alright.
You mean you weren't blown away by fursona simulator? By being best 'buddies' with THE Sonic? By telling Tails to go f*^k himself, because Sonic doesn't need him, because YOU are his BEST FRIEND, not that three tailed degenerate, always trying to muscle in on your friendship AND F*}k THAT *{%# AMY TOO, ONLY YOU CAN SUCK SONIC'S...

Um.

Mage

A Normal Person
Feb 26, 2017
Oblivion
You mean you weren't blown away by fursona simulator? By being best 'buddies' with THE Sonic? By telling Tails to go f*^k himself, because Sonic doesn't need him, because YOU are his BEST FRIEND, not that three tailed degenerate, always trying to muscle in on your friendship AND F*}k THAT *{%# AMY TOO, ONLY YOU CAN SUCK SONIC'S...

Um.
My reaction to this post.

bibliodragon

Mashing the buttons!
Backers' Beta Tester
Jul 7, 2016
You kids and your 'three dimensions' and 'friends.' In my day Sonic had to run uphill both ways, through lava, with THAT music haunting your nightmares:

WHERE'S THE BUBBLE? I NEED A F$!^^*£ BUBBLE!

Get off my 2d lawn!

(On topic, currently button mashing my way through Skullgirls. Stuck on Robo-Fortune, and Beowulf can go to hell.)

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Been playing a LOT of Phantom Brave PC as of late. Trying to get a Weird dungeon to get bottlemail is a huge pain. I've beaten one, but it didn't have enough bottlemail enemies for me to beat. I've had literally 200+ random dungeons shown to me without encountering a single 'Weird' one. Pain in the arse, and there is no guarantee that when one does show up, it will be doable at my level...

Taking a break from Fallout 4 and Skyrim (Though in Skyrim's case, I had a bug where one or more of my thralls keeps disappearing when I run over to a nearby battle. It's a bit odd.).

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Got Divinity Original Sin 2 over Christmas and already have 70+ hours in it. Also had a week were school was weird, we had like an hour + break and it didn't start until 9 yay intersession, and played the TFH Beta with a bunch of my friends.... some beat me, no one besides me has the game. But yea a group of people liked it and I received less teasing then I thought I would, I guess its hard to tease someone about a game when they see a good game. I will definitely be bringing TFH to more gatherings, and finally get my money's worth out of the beta.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

QuoteMarks

This is a bug.
Nov 23, 2017
Decided to do another play-through of Darksouls 3. I usually do some sort of cosplay when playing a soulsborne game. In Bloodborne I did Sherlock Holmes and Jekel and Hyde. In Darksouls I usually do some Fire Emblem character. This time I went with a White Mage i.e. Miracles. I just finished Carthus Catacombs and, I just found out that Blessed weapons do bonus damage vs. skeletons. Easiest Carthus run I've ever done.

After a long game of doing relative chip damage compared to what my characters usually do it was very Carthartic.

Last edited:

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Now that Dragon Ball FighterZ has finally released, I'm taking a short break from Horizon Zero Dawn. I wanna finish the story of DBF and get a couple online sessions done before I get back to it.

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
Started yet another VN, this one being Lucy -The Eternity She Wished For-, a Korean title about the future of 2050 where everything is exactly the same as it is now, except there are robots.

Our Protag-kun, which I shall use to refer to any VN protagonist who the devs don't bother to name (and then fail at second-person narration), is a student who hates robots and the advancements in technology. So, of course, he ends up in the possession of a robot that he finds in a junkyard who happens to be a prototype of robots who can feel and stuff. Luckily no death flags on said robot, the eponymous Lucy, but I'm not getting my hopes up considering the track record of these kinds of stories.

Oh well, at least I haven't caved into the pressure everyone on scrap.tf gives out to play Doki Doki Literature Club, and I probably never will since people have gone out of their way to spoil every single thing about it.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Naughta_Noob

"I mustn't betray spoon"
Backers' Beta Tester
WakE up, get up, get out there. So, yeah, Persona 5. I'm not normally into RPGs but P4A made me like those characters even if I didn't play the proper original. So I was still skeptical about this one but the allure of a certain waifu (I won't say who for fear of flame wars) brought me into it. I must say so far, I love it! I guess I...
Didn't see it coming

By the way, from what I heard I'm about half way through, so, you know, 99 hours in.

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
Playing Monster Hunter World. I just hit the second half(?) of the game, and haven't progressed any further.

Not that its hard, its actually because I've slayed up to 10 Diablos' as of right now, trying to get one single material for a Hammer upgrade.

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Now that Dragon Ball FighterZ has finally released, I'm taking a short break from Horizon Zero Dawn. I wanna finish the story of DBF and get a couple online sessions done before I get back to it.
Aaaaaannnnnddddd this plan basically went out the window. Now that (the remastered) Shadow of the Colossus has released for PS4, I basically dropped everything else like a hot potato in favor of replaying one of my favorite games of all time. I might even try to Platinum it if that doesn't end up being too tedious. After I'm done with SOTC, I think I'll finally go back to Horizon: Zero Dawn. While I haven't finished the 3rd story arc for DBFZ, the story is just way too repetitive and easy to compel me to finish it. To me, the story modes felt like padded filler on par to that of the original DBZ and the enemies are all so easy that in 2 arcs and god knows how many battles, I've literally only lost one ally across both playthroughs. I didn't even lose the match, I just lost one of my three characters and ended up winning shortly after. I'll return to DBFZ every so often for a quick online match or two, but I don't see myself going back to the story anytime soon.

P1nkerZ

Sep 20, 2016
Been playing Super Robot Wars V and I'm at the point where you get Amuro Ray and the Nu Gundam. So far it has been fun yet a lot of talking in between.

Daisyhead

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 17, 2016
adding to the thousands of hours i have in warframe, i recently got through okami again after it was released on hd and monster hunter world

RNBOWchild

Jan 20, 2018
Got Sims 3 yesterday cause it was on sale. I am currently playing it from time to time and I love it! Right now my Sim is working at the police station, and he just got his first promotion.

BaG_2.0

Awful at fite game
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I just bought a copy of Break Arts 2, and enjoying the building of giant racing mechs, not so much te racing part though.

Also I recently got back into 20XX with the new DLC that came out this week.

Ultra Lucky Cat

Best Felyne Food Skill
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I lost myself to Monster Hunter World. Just reached a little after the main story just trying to unlock all of the food, get that sweet Million Zenny achievement and then probably splurge it all on finishing Charge Blade upgrades. Got the materials but can't spend the dime.