The "What are you playing right now, and progress" Topic.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Something like 2 days, 8 hours or more into my current character on Fallout 4. I've actually managed to get the Synth form of Curie, and maxed out her affection to boot. She has been my primary companion for several characters now, but only with this current one did I get far enough into the main story to unlock her synth form.

Currently working on the Automation DLC. The bot attacks are a bit annoying.

I need to get to Nuka World too. Also, the main story >_> I think I'm level 65 or so, ATM?

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
Welp, Gaben got me good for the summer sale. Bought 22 games, half of which were visual novels. Started off with MYTH, and hoo boy was it insane. Such a confusing story that I still don't entirely know how to piece together, even with the in-game character charts and story notes. If you don't give two anythings about spoilers...
- The protagonist is an ordinary high schooler named Meito Tanabe, he lives in a world of light (no shadows) and is led by a girl named Shimon to a place called the world of shadows, where everyone is a living silhouette. Meito makes friends with her, along with a shadow girl named Hibiki (who seems to vanish from the timeline), and two more non-shadow girls named Riri and Sou (BEST GIRL).
- Time is all over the place, we have 2 loops that play out in 3 different ways, with like 5 years used for the date stamps. Meito is also on separate temporal axes from everyone around him (I think).
- There's a subplot involving a kid and his cannibalistic mother, the Norse pantheon, Meito (maybe), and the end of the world. Odin might be Meito's daughter, or his sister, it's not really clear. Meito might not even have existed in the first place, it's hard to tell after Sou's head explodes, which doesn't stop her from cracking jokes and references.
- Meito's girlfriend(?) is also involved because of a nerd who is supposedly a serial killer, which ties into some mysterious cult that involved her roommate and Meito's parents.
- I might have been in the Matrix the whole time, or maybe the afterlife, possibly another dimension.
- Also, THIS!

Reactions: Tox

ILikeKirbys

Puffball Enthusiast
Feb 19, 2016
Decided to try playing through Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks again over the weekend. Managed to get through the Snow Temple, now off to the eastern half of the map.

Gonna start Master Mode on Breath Of The Wild tonight too. Hopefully it's hard, because I only had a couple of truly difficult spots in my first playthrough (those being traversing Vah Medoh without cold-resistant gear and fighting Thunderblight Ganon), and I'd like to see how they made Master Mode more difficult.

I heard there's a Lynel in the Great Plateau. Is that so?

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
The other day I impulse-bought Stardew Valley and I immediately got hooked. Haven't really gotten snagged by a game like this since Overwatch first came out, and it's a very fun and relaxing little game. I've only had it for a couple days now and have put a good chunk of time into it.

Right now, I'm about halfway through Fall of my first year. I'm working on making a more efficient way of farming (as in better than random plots scattered around my farm) and getting married, but the money problem is really starting to hinder everything. Once Spring comes back I hope to really expand my farm and start making a good amount of money.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

ILikeKirbys

Puffball Enthusiast
Feb 19, 2016
Okay, so I decided to try going to Vah Naboris first on Master Mode, because I went there last in my normal mode file (I went Medoh > Ruta > Rudania > Naboris on that file, so this time I'll be headed to the Gerudo, then the Gorons, then the Zora, and finally the Rito. Not sure if I'll grab the Master Sword somewhere in there or wait until I'm about to go slay Ganon, but eh, I can figure that out later).
The Yiga Hideout kept killing me because I'm bad at stealth, but eventually I managed to get through.
Kohga is still a disappointment in Master Mode. Sigh, I had hopes for him being something approaching a serious boss fight in this mode. Not high hopes, mind you, but hopes nonetheless.
But now that he's out of the way... Since I don't have much health, and I lack Daruk's Protection, and my weapon selection... isn't the best, I fully expect Thunderblight Ganon to murder me at least 50 times, and will be disappointed if that doesn't happen.

Also, downloaded the Splatfest World Premiere, and beat the tutorial. Can't do much in it at the moment tho, since Splatfest is for next week.
Still, I found out that jumping with B feels weird. So that's good to know.

And I made it to the Ocean Temple in Spirit Tracks. Which is nice.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Started up Gravity Rush 2. I really enjoyed the first game, and I have high hopes for the sequel.

SubrosianDimitri

Crowdfund Backer
Been level-grinding like crazy in Dragon Quest VIII and Dragon Quest Heroes II, I've spent at least 8 hours on both games individually just powerleveling myself so I can do the following:

- Buff up my monster team in 8 so I can brute force my way through the B Rank in the monster arena, because the monsters you have available are horrible for that level. I'm doing this so I can get a second monster team before I go on to fight the next boss, by which point I'm sure I'll be able to walk through him like a bulldozer through rubble.
- Power my characters up in Heroes 2 so I can eliminate the tougher enemies in the mission that I'm still stuck on with as little effort as possible, since I'm never able to beat them quickly enough to help all 3 armies around the absolutely enormous battlefield.

I've also been playing more Cosmic Star Heroine, made a reasonable amount of progress, demolished three bosses, and got some pretty awesome weapons and abilities. And I intend to get back to Dragon Quest VII at some point, but that can wait for a bit.

Rodya

Perpetually tired
Jul 31, 2017
Coahuila, México
Just finished Bayonetta 1, that game had a looong yet very satisfying ending. Maybe I'll start playing The Witcher or Mount & Blade, or maybe I should try to understand how to properly play Wargame: Red Dragon or Darkest Hour HOI.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Wargame: Red Dragon or Darkest Hour HOI.
Oh yeah wargame... Where I get stomped by easy computer. (Curse atgms, I am pretty sure the ai is cheating considering some stunts it can pull off)
Hoi... is different... Most of the game is about setting up command structures and managing your economy, you can let the battles be decided by ai.

Anyhow, to be on topic, I played through the Star Pilgrim saga that was on humblebundle for a dollar. It's a pleasant little Rpgmaker game, you can go through one episode in an hour or two.

SubrosianDimitri

Crowdfund Backer
Princess Evangile W Happiness:

Finished Konomi's route, it was a fun read, but I feel I would have liked it more if it was a platonic relationship instead of a romantic one. The naginata duels were by far the best part of the story, and Konomi's hot-bloodedness and immense enthusiasm for cutting things up are always a good time. It kinda falls apart during the third chapter once their relationship starts going in a more...intimate. Luckily the steam release cuts out the raunchier CGs, so it's a bit less awkward, but not by much.

I'll probably go for Marika next.

----
Dragon Quest VII:

Grinding, grinding, and more grinding! All of my characters have an advanced vocation, 3 heroes and 1 champion. I was going to have Aishe be a druid, but they don't learn any healing spells, so that's pretty pointless unless I take the extra time to have her master advanced monster classes, which would take forever.

Oreo

Keepin' It Stylish
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
D.M.V. FGC
I got into PUBG a few weeks back. Usually not my type of game, but it's definitely fun to play with friends. And it scratches that horror game itch, since the tension of being shot from nowhere exists all the time.

I've also been playing Absolver. Really awesome, interesting game. I love the moveset customization, and the game works to support it much better than a traditional fighting game could. Just gotta wait for Devolver to fix the server connectivity issues.

PixelGrip94

Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I just recently Platinumed all three Crash remasters and have now finally moved onto Dishonored 2, mostly because it was the shortest of the games left on my list of games I own that I need to beat. I'm not too far into it, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Lovenought

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 27, 2017
I've been subjecting myself to a hardcore training montage of a grognardy game called Gary Grigsby's War in the West. I've got 3 separate Play-By-Email (PBEM) games going on right now!

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
I am just about to play the final level for Gravity Rush on PS4. NO SPOILERS o0o
This game is utterly charming! I have absolutely loved it. It is a great little game and I am so glad they decided to open it to more than just the PSVita. I am savouring it and can't wait to play Gravity Rush 2.

Reactions: fah_q2

SubrosianDimitri

Crowdfund Backer
Been reading a few more of my VNs, specifically Saya no Uta, I won't go into all the details since some of it is less than savory...if you can get any less savory than a world of gore, that is. Anyway, here's the gist of my current experience.

Our protagonist is a medical student specializing in neurology named Fuminori, he and his parents got stuck in a rather nasty car crash which took his parents' lives, but he was saved by an experimental neurological procedure involving nanomachines. Somehow this led to him seeing the whole world, along with all the people in it, as horrifying masses of gore and rotten meat, all except for what seems to be a little girl named Saya.

Stuff happened, and he became incredibly distant from his friends Koji, Omi, and Yoh in only 3 months, giving a particularly cruel insult to Yoh (who is in love with him). Omi decides to go over to Fuminori's house and give him a piece of her mind, but she instead finds Saya, who's true form is so terrifying that it drives Omi mad and we don't even get to see it. Saya also killed her, and now Fuminori got back to his place and noticed what seems to be an herblike fragrance.

I don't really like Fuminori, and I don't think the game is trying to make me. He's cold and cruel, seeing this girl who he's known for less than half a year as the center of his life. I get where his paranoia is coming from when it comes to his condition, I wouldn't want doctors to experiment on me to understand my screwed up senses either, but even he admits he went way too far with Yoh and his distance from his friends. But by the time he gets back to his house and sees Saya eating what he sees as a bizarre fruit, I think he's decided it doesn't really matter anymore.

In other news, cannibalism is wrong, and you really shouldn't partake in it.

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
I pretty much just beat miitopia...and ya thanks to the record battle option i can easily rewatch some of the harder fights i had in that game...not a bad parody of all rpgs...idk if it should cost 40 dollars...and even did all the post game stuff...it lasted me 240 hours...

i might just go back to monster hunter lol..i mean my avatar pretty much gives away im a mh fanatic...got 2000 hours on 4u, 1000 on gen...still working on 100% my gen game though...

Kitt Stargazer

Mooo! I'm a cow!
Backers' Beta Tester
Final Fantasy IX and Sonic Mania as of late...

Final Fantasy IX I just started, just got to the second castle in the game and doing the... I forget the name, but the event where you hunt beasts within the city. So very very early in the game. As for Sonic Mania? I've 100% completed the game really early on ( All Gold Medals, All Achievements, Beaten Story mode with Sonic/Tails, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Knuckles & Knuckles mode, with all chaos emeralds ). Not focusing on doing time attack for fun to try and get better at speed running through area's and zones.

Guess also to a small extent Path of Exile on the side. Focusing on level grinding up a Mage focusing heavily on Fire DPS and Pet, mostly Fire DPS though.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Lately I've been having trouble sticking with games for more than an hour each. Currently inching my way through Sonic Mania and Hiveswap: Act 1.

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I recently finished Dishonored 2 and am on Alien: Isolation now. I liked Dishonored 2, but it had the same problem as the first one in that it was way too short.

Rodya

Perpetually tired
Jul 31, 2017
Coahuila, México
I only died 267 times, but I managed to defeat Krataract on Wings of Vi "medium" difficulty. I must be the avatar of stoicism or something, cuz I once managed to get it down to1 HP left while I still had plenty to spare, but then I fkd up and fell down a pit, and felt no rage at all.
Worst part is that the accessory I got rewarded with doesn't even match the other ones I have.

There was one dude complaining that dying 30 times in a level was too much, and I'm here like318530_screenshots_20171029170710_1.jpg

Last edited:

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
Just bought Vampire Masquerade on sale. And just finished Guilty Gear story mode. I'm up to the final chapter of Gravity Rush 2. <3 Gravity Rush ^o^ This one is even better than the first /oOo\

Reactions: Salty Beef

Nadia

Feb 4, 2016
Germany
Sooo played Resident Evil Zero, beat the Main Game, Leach Hunter and Wesker Mode. :arismile3:

Not sure what I want to play next. ö.ö

Oreo

Keepin' It Stylish
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
D.M.V. FGC
Bloodborne. Just got to the Nightmare of Mensis last night. This is my first playthrough of the game.

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Played some Mario Odyssey and Devil May Cry 3 for the past 2 weeks. I also decided to finish The Legend of Dragoon after leaving it for 5 years.

I'm just started playing Horizon Zero Dawn The Frozen Wilds DLC.

Rodya

Perpetually tired
Jul 31, 2017
Coahuila, México
Mhhh not sure about that, I don't like to play completly powerless Characters in Games, I can stand something like that for a section of a game but not for the entire game.
You're not 100% powerless, the only enemy you cannot kill is the alien itself, even then, there are some ways to scare it away for a moment, I played it on hard difficulty and finished the game with ammo and explosives to spare.

Salty Beef

Fau Con, at your service.
well last night me and my bro finally played Skullgirls and... it had quite a different tone to it than we expected. this weird noir bioshock look is really cool! not at all what i was expecting. I definitely need to download it on my PC to try out the characters more.

Reactions: Nadia

SubrosianDimitri

Crowdfund Backer
Dragon Quest VIII:

After 12 hours of searching (over multiple sessions, I'm not that insane), I finally found the requisite number of mini medals to get the Dangerous Bustier so I can make Jessica's best armor. I also got some other really powerful equipment along the way and found a guy who flat out gave me some really rare and powerful healing items in bulk. Plowed through 4 bosses (who are discussed in the spoiler box), and now I'm searching the globe for 7 orbs that I need so I can defeat the big bad.
Evil Sir Leopold: A freaking killer hound possessed and transformed by the villain (who is sealed in a wooden sceptre), he wasn't particularly hard, though I probably wouldn't have beaten him if I didn't have a meteorite bracer (which gives and enormous speed boost) on Angelo (the healer). I was probably a lot more decked out than I needed to be since most people don't have the divine bustier until after they fight Marcello. Speaking of which...

Marcello: From the first time you meet this guy back in the early game, it's clear you're gonna have to fight him at some point, and boy was it a satisfying beatdown after the shit he put me through between fighting that mangy mutt and fighting him. For some reason, most likely his serious stubbornness (and stabbing himself in the arm), he managed to avoid being controlled by the big bad, not that it matters since he doesn't use the sceptre during the fight. He really wasn't particularly dangerous aside from an attack where he blasts the party with holy energy, I would have beaten him a lot quicker, but bosses this far into the game have a tendency to use disruptive wave and reset all your buffs and tension levels, so that didn't work out as expected. Still, I beat the snot out of him, and then our main villain got revived...

Rhapthorne (Fight 1): The big bad. This little lightbug sure hits pretty hard, I guess I should expect that kind of power from the "lord of darkness" who emits light from his thorax. At this point, I had adequate healing methods and damage potential, so it's not like he bordered on impossible, it's more that he had one attack that always threw a wrench in my battle plans. He has a guaranteed crit attack that he uses at the most inopportune moments, I had someone die on more than one occasion because I was right below the damage threshold after he used the c-c-cold breath on my party, often the person I was going to attack with that round or the next. Still, he went down and then melted into his castle, turning into his final form after I got out of the place, but first I had to deal with...

Ruin: This boss was an absolute joke, though I guess that's to be expected after fighting Rhapthorne and 2 tougher than normal non-boss encounters. He only has one attack, and he only attacks once per round, so unless you decide not to cast fullheal on the person that got hit the previous round, you're not going to lose this fight. He doesn't even use disruptive wave, so you can just build tension and smack him with whatever your strongest attacks are, he'll probably go down with just that because he took barely any effort to demolish.

Zenopo

MERRY-GO-ROUND
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 17, 2016
Haven't really been playing much of anything as of late (Have been in a funk lately). The most recent games I have played are: This game, Yooka-Laylee, Mario Odyssey, and Hollow Knight.
While I just bought Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, Tooth and Tail and Fantasy Strike, so I should be playing those shortly.
Has nothing to do with me playing at the moment, but I have my eyes on Monster Hunter: Stories and Monster Hunter World with a gaze on Pyre.

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I stopped playing Alien: Isolation. It came to a point where I wasn't making the time to play games anymore because I wanted to beat AI first and when I tried playing it again yesterday, not only was I super bored, but I looked at how much more of the game I had left to beat and I was barely halfway done with the thing. So I stopped and I don't intend to pick it back up again. I'll probably end up selling it to Gamestop or something.

Anyway, I got started on Rise of the Tomb Raider after quitting on AI, and it's okay. It's perfectly functional, but nothing special. If anything, I'm about halfway through the game now and I wish they'd recorded some other exertion noises from Lara because hearing the same one over and over again is started to get on my nerves. That and I wish every level didn't have to have an action setpiece in it because that's just overdoing it and making all the setpieces meaningless.