The "What are you playing right now, and progress" Topic.

PixelGrip94

Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Bought a PS4 for a friend of mine for Christmas and got the Black Ops III bundle. Since that friend is not really a fan of COD, nor do they ever play online multiplayer focused games (and God knows I didn't want it since I've been bored with COD games since MW3), I sold it with a couple of other games and got him Final Fantasy XV on top of that. I also treated myself to a bit of nostalgia and bought the PS4 remaster of Resident Evil 4, the PS2 copy of which I have very fond memories of playing. As such, that is what I am currently playing right now and I'm surprised by how well it holds up gameplay wise. What others may consider to be problems with the gameplay (the lack of moment allowed when aiming, for example), I think is done on purpose and adds to the suspense of enemy mobs closing in on you during the game. Not sure how long it will take me to stop playing it and continue onto Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories for the sake of the Platinum Trophy, but (per usual) I'll play it by ear.

Barbaloot

Bringer of sorrow and also donuts.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wisconsin
I'm currently trying to get all the achievements in WWE 2k17, but one of them I think requires a friend and to win Online with that friend, so I need someone to play WWE with me.

Otherwise, the only ones I have left to get I believe are MyCareer achievements, and one of the secret achievements I know how to get but it won't freaking trigger for some reason.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Recently played through and platinum'd Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. That's good stuff.

Giving Gravity Rush Remastered a go. Probably would be smoother with the touch controls it originally came with, but I lack a Vita (and it doesn't play on PSTV). Still plays quite well with a dualshock though, and I'm enjoying it so far.

Reactions: Tox

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Finished my first playthrough of RE4. Now doing my second playthrough on Professional mode for the sake of the trophy. Never tried Pro mode, but wow is it hard. We'll see how it goes.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Recently finished Gravity Rush and started inFamous: Second Son. Playing these so close together has made me realize that Gravity Rush is basically an inFamous game, just with no morality system (and more mobility and fewer combat options).

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
Bought Higurashi chapters 2-4 during the sale, currently on chapter 3. I wasn't as terrified during chapter 2, but I was in suspense with how tense the situation got after the festival (which is when stuff starts happening in every chapter). There was also a blatant spelling error in the first 20 minutes of chapter 3, they misspelled Satoko's name, and she's one of the main characters.

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Well, Skyrim is a pretty fun Action Fantasy game IMO. Look up gameplay vids, neh? It has the same 'problem' as the modern Fallout (or most, really) games in that if you venture too far, too early, you'll get your arse handed to you by enemies much tougher than you. Much of Skyrim does level with you though, but there are areas and enemies that are scripted to be at minimum levels. For example, I wouldn't advise tussling with Giants until you're stronger and/or more experienced. I posted a video a few days after the game initially released years ago where I'm a level 8 mage fighting two giants. I had to dodge, jump, and weave around because if I got hit even once, well, this happens.

Generally, those that like Fallout (the modern ones) will like TES and vice-versa. I mean, Fallout 3 was based around Oblivion's engine, and Fallout 4 was based around the Creation Engine made for Skyrim. Skyrim Special Edition is just taking the modifications they tested for Fallout 4, and porting them over to Skyrim. Honestly, even with all the DLC included, and the updated visuals, the game isn't worth full price. Not when you can get the regular version of the game a lot cheaper. I wouldn't have bought it, but being a PC user with all the DLC for the original version of the game, I got the SE free anyway.

Console users get mods this time around too. Granted, PS4 had its modding knees cut out from under it by Sony when they allowed it with the caveat that it couldn't use external resources (textres and meshes and the like).
So turns out my Christmas gift from my coworker was Skyrim Special Edition for PS4 so I'll probably get started on that pretty soon and see what I think of it compared to Fallout. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint. But tomorrow ima do a huge game buying splurge and let that be the end of my money spending for a while (at least in terms of non essentials). I intend on getting
Final Fantasy XV
The Last Guardian
Watch Dogs 2
Dishonored 2
Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Doom
These all ought to keep me busy for a long while.

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I spent the first half of the month playing FF XV then played The Last Guardian last week. I'm now playing the new survival mode for Uncharted 4 and Stories: Path of Destinies.

baavetti

Needs More Cowbell
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
I got mini metro for ipad and have been having fun with that. I working on unlocking the hard modes.

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Still working on RE4 Pro mode, but just started playing FFX-2 HD with my friend on our Sunday hang out day. Hopefully, once we finish it we can get back to playing FFV after I buy it from the Playstation Store since the FFV disc from the Anthology release doesn't work well on the PS3.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Making some progress on my Steam backlog. Recently finished Hyper Light Drifter, which felt really good to play. Currently working my way through Ori and the Blind Forest. This game feels like it's supposed to be super calm and relaxing, but it keeps stressing me out. xp

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Finished RE4 Pro and started on Skyrim. Not very far in it yet though. Only about a half hour in right now.

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Dropped Skyrim for now and began to focus on Kingdom Hearts 2.8 on account of it releasing last week. I've already beaten 0.2 twice now and will be aiming to get all the trophies before continuing on KH3D and KHX.

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Just got the Platinum to KH3D last night. Gonna beat it one more time to see the secret ending, then I'll go back to Skyrim. At least until KH 1.5+2.5 comes out. Not sure yet whether I'll drop everything to play through KH 1 and 2 again.

Last edited:

SubrosianDimitri

Crowdfund Backer
Got seriously back into Dragon Quest VII, currently trying to get my characters to my desired vocations and levels.
Me: Level 31 Champion (Full mastery)
Maribel: Level 31 Luminary (Mastery Level 7) Trying to unlock the Druid vocation Maribel left the party, and there's apparently a game breaking glitch that can happen if you let her rejoin, so she's out. All that effort wasted.
Ruff: Level 29 Gladiator (Full Mastery)
Sir Mervyn: Level 24 Paladin (Mastery Level 1)
Aishe: Level 21 Mage (Mastery Level 1) Having her go for Druid vocation since Maribel is gone and all.

Last edited:

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Haven't posted all month. Played through kingdom hearts 2.8 earlier this month. After that I played through Chrono Trigger for the first time. Now i'm playing LittleBigPlanet this week.

SubrosianDimitri

Crowdfund Backer
Finally got Kirby: Planet Robobot today, played through 2 worlds so far, and it's been nothing but phenomenal. It's like every single new Kirby game tops the last, and it's awesome! The Robobot Armor is a wonderful gameplay mechanic, the bosses have been awesome, the music is fantastic, and the ability selection is wonderful. We have the typical Beam, Sword, Cutter, and the like, but we also have the new ESP, Poison, and Doctor abilities, along with returning favorites like Mirror (and boy, am I glad to see this one return).

I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of the game is, but I can't imagine it being anything less than amazing!

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Zeeeeeeeldaaaa~ Not very far yet, though. Full time job and all. I also need to clean up my room something fierce so I can get the Switch hooked up to my TV.

On my 3DS I've been kinda jumping between Yoshi's Woolly World (all but 4 of the S levels starred, I hate those levels), Pokemon Sun (not terribly far, I actually full-cleared Moon first), and Xenoblade Chronicles (only a few hours in last I played a few weeks ago).

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Guess I didn't mention I was playing Horizon: Zero Dawn? Well, I am. Though I haven't for a couple of days now. Probably won't play it again until Wednesday.

I'm still playing Disgaea 2 PC on and off.

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Been playing Horizon: Zero Dawn all week and i'm having a blast playing this. I choose the highest difficulty so it's pretty unforgiving if go into fights unprepared.

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ayy I got my hands on Zelda. It's pretty great, as is the Switch in general. Getting around to the towers and stuff, a real harrowing experience.

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I beat the main quest line of Skyrim, and honestly, that's about as far as I'm willing to go. I didn't really care for Skyrim and it had many of the same problems I have with the Fallout games and I don't feel like doing extensive research in an attempt to truly enjoy the game. With that out of the way, I decided to ignore the order that I originally chose to play the 8 games I bought myself for Xmas and skipped right to Doom for the sake of something more straightforward and simple. And by god was that a good choice to make. I am having a blast playing this game. It's so perfectly hectic and filled with adrenaline that I can't honestly see someone not enjoying this game when they truly get into it. I may be late to the game (pun not intended), but late is better than never, and for a game like Doom, it's entirely worth it.

SubrosianDimitri

Crowdfund Backer
Continuing Princess Evangile, Chiho's route this time, and I think I'm going into another rage
So, Masaya's father stabbed his ex-wife because the loan sharks were apparently still after him, and he's going for Masaya next. This could of course be a danger to the people around Masaya, so he's running away at his mother's request (and unlike his father or the headmistress, Masaya's mother is not an heinous jackwad). I hope Masaya decks him so hard his neck snaps, or at the very least breaks all of his limbs before the police can arrest that bastard.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
Twisted Metal Black (PS2/PS4 via PSN)

Old school gaming at it's finest. You know when you feel like 'going a round' then next thing you know it's 11:30pm and you havn't had dinner yet. It's got that kinda charm to it.

Ethaes

Vesper Iris
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
ethaes.deviantart.com
Mass Effect Andromeda.
And no, I don't care what horrible things people have to say about it. I'm playing it through, and I'm enjoying it. Fite me. o_O

I'm also playing through Biohazard 7. So that's fun too, even if it doesn't feel anything like any other game in the series.

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Just got started on The Last Guardian. I like it so far, but as with Team Ico's other games, the controls and camera leave a bit to be desired but they're not too big a problem once you get used to them. I still think Shadow of the Colossus is better control wise but that could be because I've played it so many times.

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Just beat The Last Guardian the other day. Overall, I think it's a great game but still not as good as SOTC just because relying on Trico to do things you need him to in order to traverse the area and proceed are sometimes harder or take longer than I feel it should. But while I could get past that, seeing that once you know what you need to do, it doesn't take an extremely long time, I could not stand the narration. It constantly broke the rule of narration where you do not explain what the audience is seeing, you only narrate when there is something to mention that is not obvious or visible to the audience.

That aside, now I'm replaying Kingdom Hearts for the upteenth time on PS4. The 60 FPS looks and feels great and I can't wait to see how KH2 feels in 60 FPS.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Yet more Disgaea 2. I got a near perfect level 200 Yoshitsuna sword. Upped my Lady Samurai's attack from ~1.7M to over 5M. Nearly managed to beat Uber Prinny Baal and company. I'll never beat Pringer X, let alone Unleashed Pringer X though. 40M stat team? Nopenope. I might try to get a Super Robo suit and level that to 200 though. If I do that, not even Uber Prinny Baal would be able to damage me, I expect.

I really need to move on to other games. I've played over 2 days (48+ hours) worth of Disgaea 2 PC in the past two weeks, so sayeth Steam.

SubrosianDimitri

Crowdfund Backer
Skimming through CLANNAD, mainly because I'm using it (along with 2 other VNs) for my MUS 311 term paper, and also because it finally has steam trading cards after being out for a year and a half. Still reading Princess Evangile as well and taking notes on stuff that happens and how certain songs are used. Katawa Shoujo will follow.