1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "What are you playing right now, and progress" Topic.

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Silver Rain, Feb 20, 2016.

1. SubrosianDimitri

SubrosianDimitri The King of Poor Decision Making
    Crowdfund Backer

Juggling between Dragon Quest 7 and 8, also started up Cosmic Star Heroine.

Cosmic Star Heroine is a great time so far, it's got a unique battle system and that distinctive Zeboyd Games writing style. Glad I was finally able to get it, and all thanks to a lucky Dota unbox. Fantastic music too.

#241 SubrosianDimitri, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  2. Shadow of Death

Shadow of Death Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
    Backers' Beta Tester

Something like 2 days, 8 hours or more into my current character on Fallout 4. I've actually managed to get the Synth form of Curie, and maxed out her affection to boot. She has been my primary companion for several characters now, but only with this current one did I get far enough into the main story to unlock her synth form.

Currently working on the Automation DLC. The bot attacks are a bit annoying.

I need to get to Nuka World too. Also, the main story >_> I think I'm level 65 or so, ATM?

3. SubrosianDimitri

Crowdfund Backer

Welp, Gaben got me good for the summer sale. Bought 22 games, half of which were visual novels. Started off with MYTH, and hoo boy was it insane. Such a confusing story that I still don't entirely know how to piece together, even with the in-game character charts and story notes. If you don't give two anythings about spoilers...
    - The protagonist is an ordinary high schooler named Meito Tanabe, he lives in a world of light (no shadows) and is led by a girl named Shimon to a place called the world of shadows, where everyone is a living silhouette. Meito makes friends with her, along with a shadow girl named Hibiki (who seems to vanish from the timeline), and two more non-shadow girls named Riri and Sou (BEST GIRL).
    - Time is all over the place, we have 2 loops that play out in 3 different ways, with like 5 years used for the date stamps. Meito is also on separate temporal axes from everyone around him (I think).
    - There's a subplot involving a kid and his cannibalistic mother, the Norse pantheon, Meito (maybe), and the end of the world. Odin might be Meito's daughter, or his sister, it's not really clear. Meito might not even have existed in the first place, it's hard to tell after Sou's head explodes, which doesn't stop her from cracking jokes and references.
    - Meito's girlfriend(?) is also involved because of a nerd who is supposedly a serial killer, which ties into some mysterious cult that involved her roommate and Meito's parents.
    - I might have been in the Matrix the whole time, or maybe the afterlife, possibly another dimension.
    - Also, THIS!

Tox likes this.
  4. ILikeKirbys

ILikeKirbys Puffball Enthusiast

Decided to try playing through Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks again over the weekend. Managed to get through the Snow Temple, now off to the eastern half of the map.

Gonna start Master Mode on Breath Of The Wild tonight too. Hopefully it's hard, because I only had a couple of truly difficult spots in my first playthrough (those being traversing Vah Medoh without cold-resistant gear and fighting Thunderblight Ganon), and I'd like to see how they made Master Mode more difficult.

I heard there's a Lynel in the Great Plateau. Is that so?

5. D96

D96 Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
    Backers' Beta Tester

The other day I impulse-bought Stardew Valley and I immediately got hooked. Haven't really gotten snagged by a game like this since Overwatch first came out, and it's a very fun and relaxing little game. I've only had it for a couple days now and have put a good chunk of time into it.

Right now, I'm about halfway through Fall of my first year. I'm working on making a more efficient way of farming (as in better than random plots scattered around my farm) and getting married, but the money problem is really starting to hinder everything. Once Spring comes back I hope to really expand my farm and start making a good amount of money.

Delusional Dreamer likes this.
  6. ILikeKirbys

ILikeKirbys Puffball Enthusiast

Okay, so I decided to try going to Vah Naboris first on Master Mode, because I went there last in my normal mode file (I went Medoh > Ruta > Rudania > Naboris on that file, so this time I'll be headed to the Gerudo, then the Gorons, then the Zora, and finally the Rito. Not sure if I'll grab the Master Sword somewhere in there or wait until I'm about to go slay Ganon, but eh, I can figure that out later).
    The Yiga Hideout kept killing me because I'm bad at stealth, but eventually I managed to get through.
    Kohga is still a disappointment in Master Mode. Sigh, I had hopes for him being something approaching a serious boss fight in this mode. Not high hopes, mind you, but hopes nonetheless.
    But now that he's out of the way... Since I don't have much health, and I lack Daruk's Protection, and my weapon selection... isn't the best, I fully expect Thunderblight Ganon to murder me at least 50 times, and will be disappointed if that doesn't happen.

Also, downloaded the Splatfest World Premiere, and beat the tutorial. Can't do much in it at the moment tho, since Splatfest is for next week.
    Still, I found out that jumping with B feels weird. So that's good to know.

And I made it to the Ocean Temple in Spirit Tracks. Which is nice.

7. Stars

Stars Just a Guy
    Backers' Beta Tester

Started up Gravity Rush 2. I really enjoyed the first game, and I have high hopes for the sequel.

8. SubrosianDimitri

Crowdfund Backer

Been level-grinding like crazy in Dragon Quest VIII and Dragon Quest Heroes II, I've spent at least 8 hours on both games individually just powerleveling myself so I can do the following:

- Buff up my monster team in 8 so I can brute force my way through the B Rank in the monster arena, because the monsters you have available are horrible for that level. I'm doing this so I can get a second monster team before I go on to fight the next boss, by which point I'm sure I'll be able to walk through him like a bulldozer through rubble.
    - Power my characters up in Heroes 2 so I can eliminate the tougher enemies in the mission that I'm still stuck on with as little effort as possible, since I'm never able to beat them quickly enough to help all 3 armies around the absolutely enormous battlefield.

I've also been playing more Cosmic Star Heroine, made a reasonable amount of progress, demolished three bosses, and got some pretty awesome weapons and abilities. And I intend to get back to Dragon Quest VII at some point, but that can wait for a bit.

9. Rodya

Rodya kaksoispiste dee

Just finished Bayonetta 1, that game had a looong yet very satisfying ending. Maybe I'll start playing The Witcher or Mount & Blade, or maybe I should try to understand how to properly play Wargame: Red Dragon or Darkest Hour HOI.

10. Avering

Avering Pew-Pew
    Backers' Beta Tester

Oh yeah wargame... Where I get stomped by easy computer. (Curse atgms, I am pretty sure the ai is cheating considering some stunts it can pull off)
    Hoi... is different... Most of the game is about setting up command structures and managing your economy, you can let the battles be decided by ai.

Anyhow, to be on topic, I played through the Star Pilgrim saga that was on humblebundle for a dollar. It's a pleasant little Rpgmaker game, you can go through one episode in an hour or two.

11. SubrosianDimitri

Crowdfund Backer

Princess Evangile W Happiness:

Finished Konomi's route, it was a fun read, but I feel I would have liked it more if it was a platonic relationship instead of a romantic one. The naginata duels were by far the best part of the story, and Konomi's hot-bloodedness and immense enthusiasm for cutting things up are always a good time. It kinda falls apart during the third chapter once their relationship starts going in a more...intimate. Luckily the steam release cuts out the raunchier CGs, so it's a bit less awkward, but not by much.

I'll probably go for Marika next.

----
    Dragon Quest VII:

Grinding, grinding, and more grinding! All of my characters have an advanced vocation, 3 heroes and 1 champion. I was going to have Aishe be a druid, but they don't learn any healing spells, so that's pretty pointless unless I take the extra time to have her master advanced monster classes, which would take forever.

12. Oreo

Oreo Keepin' It Stylish
    Staff Member Mane6 QA

I got into PUBG a few weeks back. Usually not my type of game, but it's definitely fun to play with friends. And it scratches that horror game itch, since the tension of being shot from nowhere exists all the time.

I've also been playing Absolver. Really awesome, interesting game. I love the moveset customization, and the game works to support it much better than a traditional fighting game could. Just gotta wait for Devolver to fix the server connectivity issues.

13. PixelGrip94

PixelGrip94 Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
    Backers' Beta Tester

I just recently Platinumed all three Crash remasters and have now finally moved onto Dishonored 2, mostly because it was the shortest of the games left on my list of games I own that I need to beat. I'm not too far into it, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Tox likes this.
  14. Lovenought

Lovenought Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

I've been subjecting myself to a hardcore training montage of a grognardy game called Gary Grigsby's War in the West. I've got 3 separate Play-By-Email (PBEM) games going on right now!

Tox likes this.
  15. Tox

Tox Ms Fortune is best pone
    Backers' Beta Tester

I am just about to play the final level for Gravity Rush on PS4. NO SPOILERS o0o
    This game is utterly charming! I have absolutely loved it. It is a great little game and I am so glad they decided to open it to more than just the PSVita. I am savouring it and can't wait to play Gravity Rush 2.

fah_q2 likes this.
  16. SubrosianDimitri

Crowdfund Backer

Been reading a few more of my VNs, specifically Saya no Uta, I won't go into all the details since some of it is less than savory...if you can get any less savory than a world of gore, that is. Anyway, here's the gist of my current experience.

Our protagonist is a medical student specializing in neurology named Fuminori, he and his parents got stuck in a rather nasty car crash which took his parents' lives, but he was saved by an experimental neurological procedure involving nanomachines. Somehow this led to him seeing the whole world, along with all the people in it, as horrifying masses of gore and rotten meat, all except for what seems to be a little girl named Saya.

Stuff happened, and he became incredibly distant from his friends Koji, Omi, and Yoh in only 3 months, giving a particularly cruel insult to Yoh (who is in love with him). Omi decides to go over to Fuminori's house and give him a piece of her mind, but she instead finds Saya, who's true form is so terrifying that it drives Omi mad and we don't even get to see it. Saya also killed her, and now Fuminori got back to his place and noticed what seems to be an herblike fragrance.

I don't really like Fuminori, and I don't think the game is trying to make me. He's cold and cruel, seeing this girl who he's known for less than half a year as the center of his life. I get where his paranoia is coming from when it comes to his condition, I wouldn't want doctors to experiment on me to understand my screwed up senses either, but even he admits he went way too far with Yoh and his distance from his friends. But by the time he gets back to his house and sees Saya eating what he sees as a bizarre fruit, I think he's decided it doesn't really matter anymore.

In other news, cannibalism is wrong, and you really shouldn't partake in it.

Tox likes this.
  17. Tox

Backers' Beta Tester

Crap cuz. Those japanese guys come up with some seriously werid shiz. Game sounds nasty. You need a hug after that?

18. SubrosianDimitri

Crowdfund Backer

This is par for the course for horror VNs in terms of utter "what the heck is going on?!" And it's definitely par for the course for the writer, Gen Urobuchi.

19. danmiy12

danmiy12 Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

I pretty much just beat miitopia...and ya thanks to the record battle option i can easily rewatch some of the harder fights i had in that game...not a bad parody of all rpgs...idk if it should cost 40 dollars...and even did all the post game stuff...it lasted me 240 hours...

i might just go back to monster hunter lol..i mean my avatar pretty much gives away im a mh fanatic...got 2000 hours on 4u, 1000 on gen...still working on 100% my gen game though...

20. Kitt Stargazer

Kitt Stargazer Mooo! I'm a cow!
    Backers' Beta Tester

Final Fantasy IX and Sonic Mania as of late...

Final Fantasy IX I just started, just got to the second castle in the game and doing the... I forget the name, but the event where you hunt beasts within the city. So very very early in the game. As for Sonic Mania? I've 100% completed the game really early on ( All Gold Medals, All Achievements, Beaten Story mode with Sonic/Tails, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Knuckles & Knuckles mode, with all chaos emeralds ). Not focusing on doing time attack for fun to try and get better at speed running through area's and zones.

Guess also to a small extent Path of Exile on the side. Focusing on level grinding up a Mage focusing heavily on Fire DPS and Pet, mostly Fire DPS though.

21. Stars

Stars Just a Guy
    Backers' Beta Tester

Lately I've been having trouble sticking with games for more than an hour each. Currently inching my way through Sonic Mania and Hiveswap: Act 1.

22. PixelGrip94

PixelGrip94 Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
    Backers' Beta Tester

I recently finished Dishonored 2 and am on Alien: Isolation now. I liked Dishonored 2, but it had the same problem as the first one in that it was way too short.

23. Rodya

Rodya kaksoispiste dee

I only died 267 times, but I managed to defeat Krataract on Wings of Vi "medium" difficulty. I must be the avatar of stoicism or something, cuz I once managed to get it down to1 HP left while I still had plenty to spare, but then I fkd up and fell down a pit, and felt no rage at all.
    Worst part is that the accessory I got rewarded with doesn't even match the other ones I have.

There was one dude complaining that dying 30 times in a level was too much, and I'm here like 318530_screenshots_20171029170710_1.jpg

#263 Rodya, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  24. Salty Beef

Salty Beef Defeated is the monster!

Right now me and my brother are playing several games. DarkSouls2, Cup Head, and Divinity:Original Sin 2.

And GuiltyGear exurd rev2. Havin' alot of fun with all of em'

Tox and TheGoldenW like this.
  25. TheGoldenW

TheGoldenW Prepare the heckin' Alpacattack

Metroid Prime 2, Final Fantasy 7, and the endless grind that is Super Mario Galaxy 100% Speedrunning

Salty Beef likes this.
  26. Tox

Backers' Beta Tester

Just bought Vampire Masquerade on sale. And just finished Guilty Gear story mode. I'm up to the final chapter of Gravity Rush 2. <3 Gravity Rush ^o^ This one is even better than the first /oOo\

Salty Beef likes this.
  27. SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz Where there is smoke, there is fire!
    Backers' Beta Tester

Super Mario Odyssey. Forever.

Currently about to leave New Donk City, onward to more ADVENTURE~

TheGoldenW and Salty Beef like this.
  28. Tox

Backers' Beta Tester

lol New Donk City XD

TheGoldenW likes this.
  29. SubrosianDimitri

Crowdfund Backer

I've almost gotten all the Time Pieces in A Hat in Time, just a few rifts left to find, which might be hard because I keep getting distracted by all the awesome mods you can get.

Salty Beef likes this.
  30. Nadia

Nadia Well-Known Member

Sooo played Resident Evil Zero, beat the Main Game, Leach Hunter and Wesker Mode. :arismile3:

Not sure what I want to play next. ö.ö