The Serious Sam Multiplayer Thread

How many/Which Serious Sam games do you own?

• I have all of them, I'm Serious!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Serious Sam HD (Or Classic): The First Encounter

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Serious Sam HD (Or Classic): The Second Encounter

• Serious Sam Classics: Revolution

• Serious Sam: The Random Encounter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Serious Sam Double D XXL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Serious Sam 2

• Serious Sam 3: Before First Encounter

• I'm not Serious at all... (No games)

• Total voters

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
Welcome to the Serious Sam Multiplayer Thread. This thread is designed for those who are interested in doing a mass co-op playthrough of the Serious Sam games, and to organize a time and date on when to play. Now, ideally. I'd love to go through every game, but there's of course the possibility that not everyone interested may have every single Serious Sam game. So I posted a poll above, listing the games above.

If you're coming to this thread, and don't know what Serious Sam is, Serious Sam is a series of First Person Shooter games, originally made for PC before being ported over to various consoles, and also receiving two HD Remixes of the first two games. You play as "Serious" Sam Stone, a soldier from the distant future who was fighting for humanity in a losing war against an alien race. Using a device called the Time Lock, Sam travels to the distant past, to save the world before the war even happened, taking on the seemingly unending forces of the aliens who seek to destroy him. The games are, in my opinion both incredibly fun and incredibly challenging.

I myself, have only played and beaten The First Encounter and BFE. If you've played any of the games, feel free to share your favorite moments.

Crayv

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I have most of those but not all of them; Classic/HD for both 1st and 2nd encounter, Revolutions, and BFE.

baxdab

Totally a backer guys
Jun 25, 2016
baxbound.tumblr.com
I got em all, even the indie stuff like Random Encounter because of a humble bundle a while back. I'm ready to get serious. B)

Btw, I found the Fightin' Feonecians discord chat while browsing the forum so we could probably use that for voice. The biggest step or organizing this is gonna have to be setting a date/time that works for everyone, and once we have that adding everyone we need to on steam shouldn't be too hard.

I once made a parody account for the Kamikaze on twitter. It did surprisingly well, for as short lived and simple as it was.

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I got em all, even the indie stuff like Random Encounter because of a humble bundle a while back. I'm ready to get serious. B)

Btw, I found the Fightin' Feonecians discord chat while browsing the forum so we could probably use that for voice. The biggest step or organizing this is gonna have to be setting a date/time that works for everyone, and once we have that adding everyone we need to on steam shouldn't be too hard.

I once made a parody account for the Kamikaze on twitter. It did surprisingly well, for as short lived and simple as it was.
This is the best thing.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
The Foenatic's discord is more focused on fighting games, so a different one might be preferrable, even if I don't think they would be against letting us use it.

baxdab

Totally a backer guys
Jun 25, 2016
baxbound.tumblr.com
The Foenatic's discord is more focused on fighting games, so a different one might be preferrable, even if I don't think they would be against letting us use it.
Fair enough, I figured it would be easiest to use one that already existed for TFH but I can make my own pretty easy.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Poll needs to be changed, methinks. It's formatted as a 'single choice' poll, rather than 'unlimited'. So someone with several of the games, but not all of them, can't accurately fill it out.

baxdab

Totally a backer guys
Jun 25, 2016
baxbound.tumblr.com
So currently we have 4 interested folks, and it seems like we all own the main series games: 1st and 2nd encounter HD, revolution, and BFE? That works out well enough, we could start with 1st encounter and work our way through.

I assume we have some people from europe, right? So we might want to plan on a time in the morning for the US and in the evening for the EU.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I'm only missing Random and Double D XXL myself.

As to time, I work night shifts, and on my nights off I'm usually up around 0500 EST, and if I worked the night before I'm usually home by about 0630 and depending on whether I worked the night before or not, I generally stay up anywhere 1430 to 2000 EST.

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm only missing Random and Double D XXL myself.

As to time, I work night shifts, and on my nights off I'm usually up around 0500 EST, and if I worked the night before I'm usually home by about 0630 and depending on whether I worked the night before or not, I generally stay up anywhere 1430 to 2000 EST.
Man if it weren't for UPS I wouldn't understand any of that :p

Its the same with me. I work nights, but I'm off Saturday and Sunday. However, I have D&D on Sundays at around 2:00 PM central time.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Man if it weren't for UPS I wouldn't understand any of that :p

Its the same with me. I work nights, but I'm off Saturday and Sunday. However, I have D&D on Sundays at around 2:00 PM central time.
If it weren't for the post delivery company? Do they put everything in 24 hour time? I never really paid attention to timestamps on those or really, any mail.

My next shifts are Friday and Saturday night incidentally.

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
If it weren't for the post delivery company? Do they put everything in 24 hour time? I never really paid attention to timestamps on those or really, any mail.

My next shifts are Friday and Saturday night incidentally.
Nah, I work at UPS. They have these things I use to clock in, and they show their times that way.

baxdab

Totally a backer guys
Jun 25, 2016
baxbound.tumblr.com
My schedule varies on the day to day because I'm in a show right now and rehearsals are scattered, on top of work. Generally speaking though I will be free wednesdays and thursdays to do stuff. That being said I'm flexible and with the notable exception of any day that I'm working the show, I'll usually be free past 6pm MST.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
We should also decide which game we'll play first. The First Encounter HD, mayhap? Makes sense to start in order anyway.

Nah, I work at UPS. They have these things I use to clock in, and they show their times that way.
My job has those. They're electronic punch clocks. Does yours use a fingerprint scanner as well?

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
You'd actually be surprised...UPS is a dangerous place to work.
Ummm, hope you get good settlements there, I guess?

I wonder what the worst accident that has happened at my workplace was? We do (or did) have a board that listed 'days since last accident' on it. Not sure what constitutes being counted though. Something bad enough to get sent home at least, I expect.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was one or two accidental amputations over the last decade or so. I mean, we have a butchers built into the shop, plus powered jacks (think forklifts, only you walk with them instead of riding in them, though most of them aren't capable of lifting things any higher than the standard manual hand jack). We're all supposed to wear steel toed boots, per regulation, but no-one (or almost no-one) does. Anyway, if one of those ran into your toe, it probably wouldn't end well for said toe...Especially if the jack was loaded up with a pallet as big as you were.

Also, thread about organizing multiplayer gaming sessions somehow went off on a tangent about electronic payroll punch machines and workplace injuries. *shrugs*

Reactions: baxdab

Crayv

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ummm, hope you get good settlements there, I guess?

I wonder what the worst accident that has happened at my workplace was? We do (or did) have a board that listed 'days since last accident' on it. Not sure what constitutes being counted though. Something bad enough to get sent home at least, I expect.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was one or two accidental amputations over the last decade or so. I mean, we have a butchers built into the shop, plus powered jacks (think forklifts, only you walk with them instead of riding in them, though most of them aren't capable of lifting things any higher than the standard manual hand jack). We're all supposed to wear steel toed boots, per regulation, but no-one (or almost no-one) does. Anyway, if one of those ran into your toe, it probably wouldn't end well for said toe...Especially if the jack was loaded up with a pallet as big as you were.

Also, thread about organizing multiplayer gaming sessions somehow went off on a tangent about electronic payroll punch machines and workplace injuries. *shrugs*
Those kind of things happen when you have a job that takes a good chunk out of your week.

As for me I work from rather early until the afternoon but have been having lots of overtime lately so it kinda wipes out my day. Then there is the fact that even on Sat. I have work.