The Reason Behind Your Username

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
I was in a group chat, and people got tired of typing out my full username to refer to me (StarstormVGN). They started calling me Stars instead, and it stuck. This was around 10+ years ago.

Reactions: Tox

OJhat

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
ojhat.deviantart.com
'Orange-Juice' hat was born from wanting to get a plain orange cap after the protagonist from my then most-liked book series wore it while woods-walking. At the same time I first began my online webname, and the name OJhat suited well, being short, but long enough most websites accepted the letter-length, could be typed in Smash bros. Brawl limited name tags (lol), had a good sound-off to it, and was unique to the internet (still basically is). I've never changed it in 5 years, and it has become my business name.

the name has served me well for years. added to that I still wear that orange cap daily to this day (albeit the third copy of the hat having lost 2) as it stands out REALLY well in crowds, helps people find and see me, useful for going to conventions with friends or in airports. People claim to not recognize me when i take it off.

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
'Orange-Juice' hat was born from wanting to get a plain orange cap after the protagonist from my then most-liked book series wore it while woods-walking. At the same time I first began my online webname, and the name OJhat suited well, being short, but long enough most websites accepted the letter-length, could be typed in Smash bros. Brawl limited name tags (lol), had a good sound-off to it, and was unique to the internet (still basically is). I've never changed it in 5 years, and it has become my business name.

the name has served me well for years. added to that I still wear that orange cap daily to this day (albeit the third copy of the hat having lost 2) as it stands out REALLY well in crowds, helps people find and see me, useful for going to conventions with friends or in airports. People claim to not recognize me when i take it off.
Well, I hope you can get an orange cap as a lobby accessory then :arismile:

Rodya

Perpetually tired
Jul 31, 2017
Coahuila, México
My username comes from the main protagonist of Dostoyevsky's novel Crime and Punishment, Rodion Romanovich Raskolnikov, Rodya is an affectionate contraction of the first name.I like the way it sounds, and it's easy to write and pronounce, while feeling distinctive enough.
My fb account used the full name for a while, but I changed it to my real name since no one could ever locate my profile.

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
Mine came about when I was making a YouTube channel. It was back before super smash Bros brawl came out and they announced Snake. When we saw that 3rd party characters could get in I really wanted to see the main character from one of my old favorite games: Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. Thus ty4brawl. I go by pandaman4brawl on YouTube now, on a slight tangent, but I don't upload anything anymore.

Reactions: Rodya

Rainbowdash26

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The mare who got me into this + The number associated with my birthday = This screen name. Yeah. Not a very creative name, I know. =P

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Zenopo

MERRY-GO-ROUND
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 17, 2016
For this name, I sat around typing strings of random letters under 10 characters, keeping certain letters that made something I liked saying until this name came about. Though not as creative as I would have liked, since "Zen" is already a defined word, so it just looks like I just put "opo" onto it to make it look creative, but hey, can't help what you like.

Spirittis

Tian is a Huo
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Czechia
spirittisblog.tumblr.com
Back when I was making a YouTube account (YouTube, not Google!) I didn't have any nickname to use... so I was typing random words I knew back then into the web page, the web page was flashing red and offering alternatives...

I typed Spirit, YouTube said Spiritist, I said Spirittis, YouTube flashed green, I pressed enter. I'm sorry if anyone expected a heartbreaking story, it was really this boring...

:arishock:

(The only thing that bothers me is I didn't make a Twitter account back then, someone took it few years later, made a few posts and then just stopped... aaand the same thing happened with Twitch a few months back...)

Appletank

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Third Planet of Sol
About a decade ago, my brother and I wanted to make accounts for BattleNet (Starcraft). We liked apples (the fruit). He found the marine sprite cute. I found the tank's epic damage awesome. We became AppleMarineXX and AppleTankXX.

I dropped the XX because it was ridiculous, he continues on to this day with it.

It gets strange whenever we're in the same lobby of a game and people have a moment when they call us Apple.