The Reason Behind Your Username

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
Because my offline name is Bob and I'm just teeeny bit crazy.
What about the 05?
Is it a year? do you just like the number 5 but "CrazyBob5" was already taken? or does "CrazyBob5" sound too much like CrazyBobs? Do you like the fact that the zero in it makes you say "O-Five" instead of just five?

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Silly story for my name, I already have a short name and I descided to make it shorter which became Neo. Over my gaming decades I played lots of MMO's and the name Neo was obviously always taken so I always coined Neo with a random word or eg. character class. Then once i started learining japanese I found out tensai means genius and then I descided to proclaim myself genius so the name NeoTensai was born. Lame I know

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Silly story for my name, I already have a short name and I descided to make it shorter which became Neo. Over my gaming decades I played lots of MMO's and the name Neo was obviously always taken so I always coined Neo with a random word or eg. character class. Then once i started learining japanese I found out tensai means genius and then I descided to proclaim myself genius so the name NeoTensai was born. Lame I know
It's...

G-get it? 'cause genius, brilliant? Har har harrrr...

Reactions: Aura

CrazyBob05

Feb 9, 2016
What about the 05?
Is it a year? do you just like the number 5 but "CrazyBob5" was already taken? or does "CrazyBob5" sound too much like CrazyBobs? Do you like the fact that the zero in it makes you say "O-Five" instead of just five?
The 05 part indicates a year. 2005 my High School graduation year.

Richard Upton Pickman

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 5, 2016
Being the most obvious one to any Lovecraft fan i liked the name and the story(also there are better H.P. characters) and have been using it for years. If i didnt have to shorten it all the time because games dont like long names it would show up a lot more.

Now i have reached the point that even some friends call me Richard instead of my real one. So no real story but a lovely name about drawing eldrich horrors.
Well, I just basically banged my head into the keyboard and this was the result. There is one other I use which has an actual reason, but you will just have to find it first....
I did this for my old youtube account. It works sometimes. It did with your name.
Nope that was a good idea.

Aura

Beautiful Letdown
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Directly influenced by my favorite Pokemon, Lucario. It's resonates with me in how I want to be a person, though the meaning gained sentimentality as time went by I actually looked up synonyms out of curiosity. A distant synonym of aura just so happens to be "facade."

Reactions: 0Zero100

Muro

Fight me in Skullgirls
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Poland
steamcommunity.com
Skeith, the Shadow of Death. From .hack. Also known as the 'Terror of Death'.

So no, not a bible reference (well, maybe in a meta way, I dunno the origin's of Skeith's name), nor a Gangsta's Paradise reference (though coincidentally, I like that track. I didn't hear it until well after I started using this name though).
And here I assumed you're a fellow Heroes player.

DelphinusV

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 29, 2016
Delphinus from the best ship you get in Skies of Arcadia for the Dreamcast/Gamecube, and also because I like dolphins. V is the first letter of my last name. Also, since Delphinus is a constellation, I made that my avatar. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: 0Zero100

PixelGrip94

Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The username that I use now is the name of my ponysona OC. Pixel comes from my love of video games which started in my early childhood way back in the Playstation era. Grip comes from my OCD and its effect on me to easily obsess over certain things such as (but not limited to) pony, Disney, particular video games, movies, and music, etc. 94 is my birth year.

Before PixelGrip94, I had another username that I went by: "TheAmoryWarsSoldier94". This came from the love I have for my favorite band Coheed and Cambria who are a concept band detailing the story of The Amory Wars. Now I prefer to stick with PixelGrip94 not because I like ponies over Coheed (I honestly can't choose between the two), but because it's something that I came up with myself that describes me rather than describing something that I like. It's more universal than the previous name and so I choose to use it now as the default.

Reactions: Tox and V.A.a.M.P.P

Solvandus

Chin Piece
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I wanted my username to be an anagram of Paprika, who I think is the cutest character and has the best backstory. Parka Pi is an anagram that sounds just as much like Party Horse as it does Paprika, so that's what I went with.
I felt a Party Horse vibe when I read that name, glad to know it's can(n)on ;D

As for my username, way back when I was 16, I had a friend who was being stalked by a persistent troll; the troll saw I was his friend and started stalking me too. Blocked him, but I was still feeling insecure after the debacle, so I decided I needed a new Youtube account, complete with a new username. When my sibling got a new PSN account, I took over his old one, named "Solvani". I added a "-dus" in place of the 'i' and here we are today. o:

Hm... Might be about that time to pull up a fresh coat of paint, something cheeseburger-related. . .

Reactions: V.A.a.M.P.P

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
When my sibling got a new PSN account, I took over his old one, named "Solvani". I added a "-dus" in place of the 'i' and here we are today. o:
To be honest, that's not a bad sounding username you have there.
Parka Pi is an anagram that sounds just as much like Party Horse as it does Paprika
Literally the first thing that popped to mind when seeing your name was Ponka Po.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
My old stuffed animal.
Kept my old stuffed animals for a few years past what was generally considered 'normal' for a guy, but was eventually persuaded to get rid of them. I think my favourite was my TMNT (Donatello I think it was?). Was pretty big, like two feet tall or something?

Now that I'm an adult, I can buy plushies AND NO-ONE CAN STAHP MEH!

Reactions: OCisbestungulate

Redness

The Class Pet
Oct 17, 2016
Fœnum
www.youtube.com
I have had many names through my time online, but "Redness" is part of my oc and I just kept it.
OC name: Redness Quaver
My old name that I still go by sometimes (especially around my old friends) is "Bamboo"
The reason my old alias is Bamboo, was when I was born my father purchased a couple stalks of bamboo for my mom to congratulate her!

PS: I love bamboo and bansai!

P1nkerZ

Sep 20, 2016
I came up with my username when I had to make my ps4 account. I was thinking about Mazinger Z and Party Hoers at the time and decided to come up with a username to combine both. Added a one just for fun.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I came up with my username when I had to make my ps4 account. I was thinking about Mazinger Z and Party Horse at the time and decided to come up with a username to combine both. Added a one just for fun.
Mecha Pinkamena is going to PARTY CANNON YOUR FACE. Tonight you dine in Tartarus! Yes, there will be cake. Please RSVP to ensure the appropriate streamers to guests ratio.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I feel like my avatar should make it obvious.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Pretty sure it's a Mortal Kombat character? One based on the Sub-zero/Scorpion type skin?
More or less. One of many palette-swapped ninjas of ye olde MK age who eventually became more of his own character (and also a robot), until his glorious reimagining in MK9 that I waited my entire goddamn life for. I wish I had hair as magnificent.

also a pretty sweet new backstory helped too

Ethaes

Vesper Iris
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
ethaes.deviantart.com
My username has a very long and storied history.

"eth" is the last three letters of my given name.
"aes" is the last three letters of Ethaes.
Together, they create Ethaes! A new and wondrous name of my very own that I use everywhere!

Like, favourite, comment, subscribe.

Talen-Jei

Gureato Daze
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
Louisiana
I was really big into Skyrim at the time, playing it non-stop. (Like, over 700+ hours clocked into it across multiple platforms.) At the time the forums went up, I was also a little buzzed, and couldn't come up with something creative at the time. So I went with the first thing that came into my (slightly drunk) head, the name of the Argonian who runs the Bee and Barb Inn in Riften.

Nowadays though, I go by Gallerian on multiple sites. Either that, or something silly... like my PSN: Raygun_Zimbabwe

Kyderra

Professional salty better
Backers' Beta Tester
Back in the day I was called Necrith but I wanted a new nick name.

I started with Laventia .
Then I googled it and if it already existed i'd change some letters around till it din't.
So it went somthing from Laventia to Levetta to Kadefa to Kadianta till Google said: "nothing found" at which point I ended at Kyderra.

Now a days a few things pop up but it seems my name is unique, whits is what I was aiming for.

Reactions: Tox

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
Back in the day I was called Necrith but I wanted a new nick name.

I started with Laventia .
Then I googled it and if it already existed i'd change some letters around till it din't.
So it went somthing from Laventia to Levetta to Kadefa to Kadianta till Google said: "nothing found" at which point I ended at Kyderra.

Now a days a few things pop up but it seems my name is unique, whits is what I was aiming for.
So, is it pronounced Ky-dare-rah or Ky-dare-ah? Or is it der like Ky-der-rah or Ky-der-ah?

Cera Cyannis

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 19, 2017
My username's origin is that I play a certain card game with certain monsters that has been around since 1998. Although it may appear at first that I named myself after a dinosaur character in a 1988 American-Irish animated adventure drama film, I am named after a card in the previously mentioned card game named Babycerasaurus, my favorite monster. I also use this as my screen name in a online virtual world I also play.

Midnight_Blitz

The Reason Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Somewhere, Out There
This name has stuck with me for five years now (new record!!!) and has multiple meanings behind it, plus a story.

Generic as it is, the idea sparked from a "Pony Name Generator" where 'Dawn' was the first word given to me. I don't recall if Blitz was the second or not, but I don't recall what the second was to begin with. From there, that sparked another name, this one, with multiple meanings behind it:
Midnight = My sleep cycle, when at its norm, will have me up way past this hour. It's been that way for quite some time now.
Blitz = Self explanatory.
Together, basically "strikes at night" stuff.

The other meaning behind it? Well, I don't use it here, so I don't see a need to explain it.

Kyderra

Professional salty better
Backers' Beta Tester
So, is it pronounced Ky-dare-rah or Ky-dare-ah? Or is it der like Ky-der-rah or Ky-der-ah?
My assumption was Ky-dare-ah
Officially it's Ky-dare-ah

A question I do get a lot as well if it's Ki-der-a or Kai-der-ra
I pronounce it Kai-der-ra. but most people say Ki-der-rah
I don't correct it because it don't consider it wrong.
Often people's accents will always make the name start with Ki others with Kai.

But in layman English, it's Kai-Der-ah

Fimbulvinter

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Mine is basically a combination of 'it sounds cool,' and a deliberate choice to recognize some elements of my ancestral culture.
The Fimbulvinter (or Fimbulvetr) translates from the old Scandinavian as The Great Winter, and is meant to represent a period of winter without end lasting for no less that three years. It symbolises the start of the Ragnarök, the Norse version of the apocalypse in which all of the mortal reality, and almost all the gods will be destroyed in a great battle. During the Fimbulvinter, the wolf depicted as my avatar, Fenrir, will be freed from his captivity and will proceed to kill Odin near the start of Ragnarök, only to then be killed himself by one of Odin's sons, Vidarr.

Kylgore

Has the beginner's gung-ho spirit!
Jun 9, 2017
Pronounced "kill-gor", this name comes from a place to which no man should ever go. Enter at your own risk, though I do warn you: there be cringe ahead.

This is my eternal shame. It keeps me awake at night and mocks me with its immaturity.

But really, I always kinda thought that maybe that's where it came from, but I was never really sure until I just recently re-watched that episode. Upon this discovery I was shocked, to say the least.

I am truly sorry.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer