The Obligatory Olympics Thread

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
I was at work so I missed the Opening Ceremony, but I'm looking forward to the games starting in full! Of course I'll be rooting for the US to rake in the gold, but this year I'm also going to be paying attention to UM athletes. According to UM's official athletics page, many of their Olympics participants are competing for their home countries, so I'll have to look out for them.

Here's the list, if anyone's interested: Michigan Olympics - MGoBlue.com

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
It was at 1am to me if I recall correctly, so I'll just watch the recording. Google has a cool little page for it though

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
Not so into it this year to be honest. When it was London it was practically on my doorstep, you know? I even managed to go to a few events. It feels like it will be easy to forget this one.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Been following it sorta, since it's on the breakroom TV at work and I can see stuff here at home. USA killing it so far, because of swimming and gymnastics. Lilly King is my new hero, and I'm sure a lot of you may know why.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I remembered the swimming medley of Katinka Hosszú and the amount of salt her victory gained.
Also during the event the commentator dropped this gold: "Overholt is at third, but who cares!"
Anyways her victory was a massive celebration, as she couldn't get a gold in the last, I think two olympics. After London she just went nuts with her training. I mean, just look at those arms. She can break me in half before breakfast!
Other than this, I'll probably be only watching water polo.

Last edited: