The Legend Of Zelda: Bookworm Hoers Princess HD Remake

CountParadox

Is the answer to this question no?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kansas
I'm actually a bit surprised that nobody has put up anything about this yet. Is no one excited for it?

I mean, this game, the original one on GameCube, is my all time favorite game, so I'm definitely excited that it's getting the Wind Waker treatment on Wii U. Is anyone else excited? And has anyone else preordered the launch edition and the collectors strategy guide?

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
I still have my Wii copy of the game and am not entirely sure why it's already getting an HD remake. Seems like it would have made more sense to wait a bit and put it on the NX. *shrug*

Regretfulspark

If it runs on batteries I'll see it!! (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 16, 2016
USA
www.ironponymercs.com
I'm actually a bit surprised that nobody has put up anything about this yet. Is no one excited for it?

I mean, this game, the original one on GameCube, is my all time favorite game, so I'm definitely excited that it's getting the Wind Waker treatment on Wii U. Is anyone else excited? And has anyone else preordered the launch edition and the collectors strategy guide?
I didn't know they were making an HD Remake of it! Too bad I don't have a WiiU <=). I too enjoyed playing this though! I was on the Wii version rather than the Gamecube versio. Fun nonetheless!

Some of my most cherishable moments of that game was just the mood it created! I remember kid me walking down the gloomiest place, nervously waiting for the next attack. The soundtrack though! It really did a good job of making an "epic" sort of feel whenever you were traveling through Hyrule. Ohhh the brass! MMmmm that fanfare really does hit the spot half way near the end of the theme! Ohhh!!! X) srry, got a bit excited over that!

I'm assuming you've pre-ordered it right X)? When's this game coming out by the way?

Reactions: CountParadox

CountParadox

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kansas
I didn't know they were making an HD Remake of it! Too bad I don't have a WiiU <=). I too enjoyed playing this though! I was on the Wii version rather than the Gamecube versio. Fun nonetheless!

Some of my most cherishable moments of that game was just the mood it created! I remember kid me walking down the gloomiest place, nervously waiting for the next attack. The soundtrack though! It really did a good job of making an "epic" sort of feel whenever you were traveling through Hyrule. Ohhh the brass! MMmmm that fanfare really does hit the spot half way near the end of the theme! Ohhh!!! X) srry, got a bit excited over that!

I'm assuming you've pre-ordered it right X)? When's this game coming out by the way?
While the Wii version was decent, I still prefer the original. Yknow, controller and all, instead of using the wiimote and nunchuck.

My most cherished moment with this game is when Midna is close to death, and you do everything in your wolfy power to get her to Zelda and save her like. I'm sorry, I know a lot of people think of Midna as just a plot device, but I just luv that little imp. XD

And yeah, I made sure to preorder it when it was first announced, and just finished paying it off yesterday. And it comes out the fourth of next month.

Ethaes

Vesper Iris
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
ethaes.deviantart.com
I'm very happy that they decided to use the NON-mirrored version for this. I refused to play the Wii version because I couldn't stand everything being backwards.

That said, Bookworm Hoers Princess is, in my opinion, the last of the great console Zelda games. They just haven't been the same since the Wii era.

Reactions: Regretfulspark

CountParadox

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kansas
I'm very happy that they decided to use the NON-mirrored version for this. I refused to play the Wii version because I couldn't stand everything being backwards.

That said, Bookworm Hoers Princess is, in my opinion, the last of the great console Zelda games. They just haven't been the same since the Wii era.
I think they wanted to have the original anyways. I mean, the mirrored world was really rather confusing when you were used to the GameCube version.

Regretfulspark

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 16, 2016
USA
www.ironponymercs.com

Honestly, I would've also avoided the Wii version if I had played the Original first. Playing any mirrored version of a game would completely throw me off.

Ethaes

Vesper Iris
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
ethaes.deviantart.com
Honestly, I would've also avoided the Wii version if I had played the Original first. Playing any mirrored version of a game would completely throw me off.
It's not just which you play first either. If you pay close attention, you can tell all sorts of things are off in the Wii version. All in-game text is written backwards, every single character is left-handed except for Link, and the map (which is based off of OoT) is reversed.

Regretfulspark

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 16, 2016
USA
www.ironponymercs.com
It's not just which you play first either. If you pay close attention, you can tell all sorts of things are off in the Wii version. All in-game text is written backwards, every single character is left-handed except for Link, and the map (which is based off of OoT) is reversed.
LMAO Nintendo! You're right Ethaes. Everyone except Link is left handed. Did a bit of googling and the general answer I'm getting as to why they decided to mirror the game was to accommodate for a more natural use on the WiiMote. Ya I gotta admit, swinging a sword with my left arm would just feel awkward cuz you know most people are right handed. Why didn't they just switch his shield and sword instead of flipping the whole game? IDK.

CountParadox

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kansas
LMAO Nintendo! You're right Ethaes. Everyone except Link is left handed. Did a bit of googling and the general answer I'm getting as to why they decided to mirror the game was to accommodate for a more natural use on the WiiMote. Ya I gotta admit, swinging a sword with my left arm would just feel awkward cuz you know most people are right handed. Why didn't they just switch his shield and sword instead of flipping the whole game? IDK.
Because they found it much simpler just to flip everything than switch his sword and shield. Kinda dumb on Nintendo's part.

Super jorsour64

gotta him em' with dat Hogwa$h
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
I love Bookworm Hoers Princess! 'Twas the first Zelda game I ever fully played. I only did the Wii version, so I didn't know how different it was from the GameCube version till way later! Still have it!

Honestly, I'll probably buy HD for nostalgia's sake but just not right now. I feel like, while the redone textures and filtering are nice, it just doesn't feel like the kind of remastering that wind waker got. I wanted Wii U Zelda Experience levels of remastering Nintendo! but I digress, it'll help in the wait for the new title at least :)

fallenPineapple

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 16, 2016
East Stroudsburg, PA
mlpg.co
Don't have a Wii U so I can't get too hype for it, but man did a love Bookworm Hoers Princess on the Wii. Like Super jorsour64 it was the first Zelda game I completed! Got it launch day with the Wii after standing in line for 10 hours.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Don't have a Wii U so I can't get too hype for it, but man did a love Bookworm Hoers Princess on the Wii. Like Super jorsour64 it was the first Zelda game I completed! Got it launch day with the Wii after standing in line for 10 hours.
I got the game on launch day, but I didn't end up getting a Wii quite yet. I stood in line in front of Best Buy, and they eventually handed out claim tickets for the console so that people didn't have to stick around, but they ran out of tickets 3 people ahead of me. I still got Zelda so that I could look at the manual and daydream about playing it; I just couldn't actually play it until several months later. xp

Thinking about it, it has been nearly 10 years since the game first came out. I suppose I can understand picking this year to re-release it.

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
It might make more sense to have a Legend of Zelda General thread for future reference.

Anyways, I've got my Wii copy, but I'm willing to shill out a couple of bucks for the HD remake. Especially since the game's already real good, and it's not like Nintendo has dissapointed me with their HD remakes in the past :)

Regretfulspark

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 16, 2016
USA
www.ironponymercs.com
It might make more sense to have a Legend of Zelda General thread for future reference.

Anyways, I've got my Wii copy, but I'm willing to shill out a couple of bucks for the HD remake. Especially since the game's already real good, and it's not like Nintendo has dissapointed me with their HD remakes in the past :)
I think a LoZ General Thread sounds like a great idea!

I feel your pain >_>. Zelda and Smash are one of the reasons why I need to own a WiiU.

Ethaes

Vesper Iris
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
ethaes.deviantart.com
I was pretty excited for the Wii at first, because a lot of the early titles gave us a lefty option. Then they went and did this. I was pretty upset when I first heard about it. Link is one of the very few well-known lefties in games.
I still used the Wiimote in my left hand. You tried to convert me Nintendo, but you failed! *maniac laugh*

CountParadox

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kansas
Thought I'd go ahead and bring this back since the game recently released. How is everyone enjoying it? And how about that INSANE ROLLGOAL GAME!?