1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Them's Fightin' Herds is now out on Early Access!
    You can buy it from these links.
    Humble Bundle // Steam

3. 26.6.18: Situation update

Current Early Access Patch: 8-18-2018

The future of TFH

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valsion, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Valsion

Valsion Well-Known Member

A bit early as it may be since the game is not fully released and the story not finished yet but what would you like to see for the future of Them's Fightin Herds? From the Book of Lore entries alone I've fallen in love with the characters and the world they live in, so I'd definately be hungry for far more than one game.

One possibility would be to make TFH sequels but I think a comic series or some animated shorts would be an amazing way to show off more about the world, how the ungulates live and what the characters lives are outside of saving the world from predators.

In general I already hope that the people from Mane6 would be interested in doing more with what they created.

2. Erkicman

Erkicman Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

Generally, more characters, one of them being a traditional grappler, hopefully the roster would be expanded to 10-12.

Also, Skullgirls X TFH game where teams consist of a Skullgirls character mounted on a TFH character. I don't even know how mounted combat would work in a 2D fighter, but hey!

3. Talen-Jei

Talen-Jei Gureato Daze
    Backers' Beta Tester

Currently, I'm hoping the game has a long life ahead of it. This is the first (and only) game I ever backed on a crowdfunding site.

Also hoping for a traditional grappler-style character in the future.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we see Skullgirls and TFH do some form of crossover if TFH does well. The games are super closely-knit nowadays.

4. Super Zat

Super Zat The Quack Up
    Backers' Beta Tester

I hoping that we get another with the same characters game outside the fighting genre.

A cartoon series would also be great to build the worlds lore.

all that later though. for the first year or two just more fighters, more challenges for pixel lobbies and more pixel lobbies in general.

Nightshade likes this.
  5. Valsion

Valsion Well-Known Member

From what we've seen, there would be enough lore behind it for a series but it would be a bit difficult paying the likes of Tara Strong and Keith Ferguson to do voices for a series. A comic series would be good for a next step though.

Nightshade likes this.
  6. Lurk

Lurk Well-Known Member

A portable port would be nice, whether it's on the 3DS/Switch or smartphone/tablet.

7. gatorafan

gatorafan HOLAS: (tm)
    Backers' Beta Tester

[​IMG]
    Make it a kart racer.

Pegapnea, Pom d'or, Stars and 2 others like this.
  8. Muro

Muro Fight me in Skullgirls
    Crowdfund Backer

A Peacock-mounted Paprika is the best thing I didn't realize I need in my life until just now.

9. super hurricane

super hurricane Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind reading more Lore chapters if anything. Though perhaps there would be a alliance with someone influential to allow the game to go into console, like visiting the Game Developers Conference later this month or the Indie Games Festival like Kirb is doing with his kickstarter game.

#9 super hurricane, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  10. Bass Drop

Bass Drop That Sarcastic Pony
    Backers' Beta Tester

Idk about smartphone, some of the moves seem a bit too complicated to do it on a smartphone screen

11. Pom d'or

Pom d'or Gave himself a fake award
    Backers' Beta Tester

I'm a big 3DS fan, it's been my favorite system for a long time now. But... seems like getting TFH's graphics to work at 3DS resolution might be more trouble than it's worth. But what do I know, I'm not a graphics guy.

I don't have a Switch yet, but it does seem like it'd be a great platform for TFH. I have no idea how difficult or time consuming doing that kind of port is, though, so it's just an outsider's opinion.

12. Nintyuk

Nintyuk Professor Bright Spark
    Backers' Beta Tester

A Mechanical Giraffe Character who uses It's extend-o neck for grapples and long range attacks.

VendiMANS likes this.
  13. Jennatsuné

Jennatsuné Member

Add Bunchie to the roster =P