TFHs D&D (5e) Campaign

AuruM

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Australia
Finally caught up on the past two sessions, the narrative keeps getting more intriguing. Stellar work on the worldbuilding and the mounting sense of mystery, OC!

I have to wonder, if the longsword IO found was, from a meta point of view, designed for some kind of biped, what would a longsword designed for ungulate use look like in comparison? Inquiring minds want to know :p

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Finally caught up on the past two sessions, the narrative keeps getting more intriguing. Stellar work on the worldbuilding and the mounting sense of mystery, OC!

I have to wonder, if the longsword IO found was, from a meta point of view, designed for some kind of biped, what would a longsword designed for ungulate use look like in comparison? Inquiring minds want to know :p
I'm still salty that OC wouldn't let me flavor it as a Keyblade...

I HAD AN ENTIRE SALES PITCH AND EVERYTHING!!!

Anyway, it would probably have a strap or harness and then it would be like jousting.

Reactions: AuruM

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains

Thank you, and these are the kinds of questions that keep me awake at night...

Reactions: AuruM

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Hello once again. The game is still going strong and we'll be playing again come this Saturday from 11am to 3pm (PDT). Feel free to listen in either at our Discord server, or listen/watch live at our Twitch channel. If you missed it, but still wanted to watch/listen, we also have a YT channel maintained by Ethaes.

In addition to this, since we're playing every other seek, I've decided to start up a second, more casual D&D game to play on the weekends the main quest isn't running. This one will be, by nature, in flux and the cast and players will be more or less semi-fluid as I will expect not all players to make it at all times. The time frame for this game will also likely shift around a bit, as I plan on using it to also figure out who can play when.

That all said, look forward to more D&D shenanigans this weekend! And as always, feel free to pop on in to chat or even do a bit of non-canon RP (we have both a voice AND text channel for that :D ). See you this Sat!

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Fair warning to everyone, the moment we start this next session, I'm going to yell like Goku because we leveled up.

Just a heads up.

Klint

Fabulous, Darling
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Darn radio show ruining my chances of fully hearing the campaigns live.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Greetings one and all! The D&D game has been going swimmingly and after short hiatus (two or three weeks or so), we're back on track to start this coming Saturday (6/17/2017) from 11-3 (PDT)*! As always, you can catch us live during the session either on Twitch, or via Discord. Conversely, you can always catch the sessions after the fact on YouTube as well.

YouTube Link
Discord Link
Twitch Link

*Due to outside sources, there's a chance that time might be shifted or shortened. But the odds are pretty good that all will good off without a hitch.

Edit: fixed the date

Last edited:
Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

KYMSnowman

Professional Potato
Backers' Beta Tester
Hello again, everyone!

So, I'm making the post this round mostly because OC feels embarrassed about posting five messages in a row all by his lonesome. He's afraid it'll make him look crazy or something. Silly OC, we already know you're crazy.

Well, in short, this is a reminder that the campaign will be continuing on the 1st of July (this Saturday) at around 11am - 3pm PDT.

If you're too lazy to scroll back and find the links again, you can catch us live on the Discord server or on our Twitch page. If you've missed any of the previous sessions or would like to rewatch some of the older ones, you can find our recordings over here on our YouTube channel.

If you don't care about D&D shenanigans, that's totally cool with us! Come by anyway and hang out and just chat and be a dork with us! Every dork is welcome to our humble chatroom!

Last edited:

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
But... but its the 28th today!

OC, you thought you were replacing your madness, but your only spreading it. Remove this man's privileges at once!

Last edited:
Reactions: OCisbestungulate

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
UPDATE!

Due to a series of unexpected conflicts (Happy 150th birthday, Canada), the D&D session for tomorrow (Sat 7/1/2017, or 1/7/2017 if you prefer) has been canceled. That said, several people on the sever will be gathering to play some Cards Against Humanity. Fair warning: said game is not for the young.

Reactions: Redness

Redness

The Class Pet
Oct 17, 2016
Fœnum
www.youtube.com
UPDATE!

Due to a series of unexpected conflicts (Happy 150th birthday, Canada), the D&D session for tomorrow (Sat 7/1/2017, or 1/7/2017 if you prefer) has been canceled. That said, several people on the sever will be gathering to play some Cards Against Humanity. Fair warning: said game is not for the young.
I need this in my life xD

DungeonMiner

A guy who likes to write
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Georgia
Fate Of Foenum: The Story So Far

In the large, seemingly endless desert to the south of the reindeer city of Rein, five figures met in the sand. Whether drawn together by fate or dumb luck, a party formed. Xianghua, the Longma Monk, Ophelia of the Woodland a unicorn rogue, IO Lonfy a strange alpaca with a notebook, Corvine Winterblood a reindeer fighter, and Colorado Blue a young cow warrior, soon found their way to the town of Baikinor.

While heading that way, they stumbled upon a small calf, and the wreckage of a wagon that looked like it had been set upon. The young calf was named Alabama, and she was terribly weak when they found her. With the weak calf growing weaker in their hooves, and her father nowhere to be found, they made with all speed to Baikinor.

The town offered little, but it did take young Alabama in, and began nursing her back to health. Soon after, they met the Longma in charge of the guard, Commander Sandy, and an elephant trade baron known as Dilnaz. Both the trade baron and the guard commander issued complaints about the bandits that were inhabiting a nearby pass, which once upon a time offered a shortcut for caravans and the lifeblood of the town.

Ophelia, being familiar with the darker side of civilization, quickly located the seediest place in town, the Forgotten Well Inn, and quickly learned of a hideout of the bandits. The others, eager to avenge the young calf began to gather and prepared to launch an attack on their stronghold. Just before they could leave, however, Corvine had to suddenly leave their company, for it turned out that she was being hunted. Enroute to the stronghold, they found and teamed up with a sheep with a magic book, named Benson Baaah.

Approaching the fort, Benson created a silent image, and with IO’s silver tongue, they convinced the guards at the gate that the image was a bandit that was bringing in prisoners. As they were apparently idiots, the guards let them in, and they moved freely through the fort until the boss noticed, and had his bandits turn weapons upon them.

IO, in a move of desperate bravado then challenged the chief to a dance off. The boss, who had the party completely at his mercy, decided he would humor this foolish, and soon to be dead alpaca. IO, however, stole the spotlight, as his dancing dumbfounded all his men. Humiliated, the boss left, and his bandits soon followed.

After briefly exploring the fort, they found Dakota, Alabama’s father, as well as another prisoner named Lavender, and led them back to Baikinor. On the way back, they met two figures shrouded in mystery, a pair of spirits known as the Black Wanderer and the Mountain Maid.

Once they returned, Commander Sandy, impressed with their work, hired them to investigate the bandit problem. After researching and talking again to Dilnaz they learned of a great cow family’s mausoleum just under a day from the town. Heading to the Moosoleum they found great, terrible spirits, shadows of the predators, scouts to Foenum for when they return. In the bowels of the Moosoleum, they found the bandit leader, a longma named Danzei.

They soon found a list that Danzei’s group had that the names of a number of ungulates in town working for him, as well as many who had gone missing. Also on the list of turncoats, was a list of prospects, including the magic shop owner, and Benson’s mentor, Masha. Benson, shaken by this news, leads the others back to town where they then alert the town guard of the potential danger.

Saving Masha as he was being shaken-down to join, the guard then gathered the remaining traitors and imprisoned them best they could. The party, after a night of a job well done, then went to sleep just as morning dawned.

When they woke, however, they found to their horror that Sandy had been assassinated. A note had been left by her body. It demanded that the party leave, save Ophelia, Benson, and all of their magical items. If these demands were not met, then Baikinor would burn.

The party, in response, began to raise the town to arms, even getting Dilnaz’s caravan guards to promise blades to the defense.

Danzei’s bandits hit the town like water on rock, but after a hard fight, the bandits broke. The Longma was captured, killed, and on his person was a contract to an ungulate name P. Greysky and a rune that was burned into the roof his mouth in magic. The magic was traced to the Valley of Three Winters about halfway between them and the City of Rein.

Hailed as heroes, the party was then offered a place in Dilnaz’s caravan as it traveled to Rein. On the way, IO revealed that he was blessed by the Light and could cast spells, while Ophelia had no magical talent at all.

With these shocking revelations revealed, the party continues on toward Valley of Three Winters.

Last edited:

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Hello all. I wanted to announce that the current Fate of Foenum quest (which is now the official name of the D&D quest I'm running (how pretentious, am I right?)) will be drawing to a close in the next couple of months. Thus, it's time to make a new party. Due to poor oversight on my part, I already promised three of the five slots to Avering, MightyAlicornHunter, and Klint, thus leaving only two slots open for people who'd like to join in the new quest. That said, we're not forming the party just yet. The purpose is to let you all know that it's happening and that the process will begin formally around the 21st or 22nd of August.

As a reminder, this will cover the level ranges of 6-10, and any official material published by Wizard of the Coast is allowed as far as character creation options are concerned. Also: The time slot and frequency of this next quest is likely to be very different from the current quest. But the exact time/day of week will be figured out at a later time.

That all said, looking forward to a brand new adventure! And this time, the events will take place in and/or around Raine! And if anyone was wondering, there will be no time jump/skip/whatever after the previous quest to this one.

Last edited:

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I should also mention that just because we're starting at level 6, that does not mean that people new to D&D or tabletop should not play. Quite the contrary! I plan on making the game around the idea that those who are playing are new to the system/tabletop. So if you'd like to give it a try and you've never had the chance, then this chance is for you.

Though if you're an old salt and been playing tabletop longer than most of us have been alive, you're also more than happily invited as well.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Hello everyone! The current quest is coming to a close, and thus will be done fairly soon. Therefore, it's time to form up the next group for the next quest!

There are 3 slots that are up for grabs for anyone who wants to play (it will be a part of 5, but two of the slots are already taken).

The game will span levels 6-11. That is, players will begin at 6th level, and will play up to and including 11th level.

The time/day we will play has not yet been determined. The plan is to see who can play when, and then pick a time/day that can accommodate the most people (Note: I will not be hosting sessions on Sundays).

Play will be done via Discord, via voice chat. Video chat will not be required, out of respect for those who wish for privacy.

I do not intend for this quest to run as long as the last one (IRL time that is) since the one that's closing has been running for over 8 months now.

If you'd like to fill one of the slots, shoot me a DM/PM with the times that you could play during the week/weekend. I also plan to keep the length of the sessions (3-4 hours) the same.

I'm planning for the quest to begin sometime in mid-October. The group will not be fully finalized until after Sept 20th or so, mostly because by then I will know what my schedule will be like by that point.

As far as character creation is concerned , anything officially published by Wizards of the Coast that's part of 5th Edition D&D is allowed, save Gunsmith from the Artificer class, and Races.

The reason being is because this game takes place in Foenum, and I feel that firearms are not within the flavor or spirit of Foenum. Also: each of the 6 races represented in Thems Fightin' Herds has been converted into a playable race, thus giving each player the opportunity to play one of those races. That said, if one of those races don't fit with the character you want to play, there's also a template that's been made to allow you to play just about any hooved critter your heart could desire.

As a final note: It is not required to have any Tabletop or D&D experience at all to play. In fact, one of the slots has already been filled by a brand new player to Tabletop RPGs. Nor do you need to know anything about the story thus far, for this quest will take place in a different place and with a completely different group than the last one!

That all said, here's to a new adventure and a new party!

Lovenought

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 27, 2017
Just wanna say that I've listened to 90% of the stuff you've put on YouTube (nearly caught up fully). I download it as an MP3 file and then put it on my MP3 player, and listen to it while I walk my dogs. Thanks for creating content to help me avoid boredom! And know that you have at least 1 more listener than the YT views number would indicate.

KYMSnowman

Professional Potato
Backers' Beta Tester
Just wanna say that I've listened to 90% of the stuff you've put on YouTube (nearly caught up fully). I download it as an MP3 file and then put it on my MP3 player, and listen to it while I walk my dogs. Thanks for creating content to help me avoid boredom! And know that you have at least 1 more listener than the YT views number would indicate.
It's cool to know that our recorded sessions are actually being engrossed by people outside of the circle! Actually makes Ethaes' job not seem arbitrary. ;)

Of course, this doesn't always have to be the case. We'd be happy to have you join us on the Discord server if you'd like to chat with a buncha dweebs. Here's the link again so you don't have to scroll back up for it.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Awww. Thanks! That just makes the day a little better to hear. :)

Reactions: Tox

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
It's cool to know that our recorded sessions are actually being engrossed by people outside of the circle! Actually makes Ethaes' job not seem arbitrary. ;)

Of course, this doesn't always have to be the case. We'd be happy to have you join us on the Discord server if you'd like to chat with a buncha dweebs. Here's the link again so you don't have to scroll back up for it.
I have a campain that dosent get recorded that needs more people, if you want to join.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
It dawned on me that I forgot to mention in advance that we'll finally be continuing the Fate of Foenum quest tomorrow! The session runs from 11am-3pm PDT, and for those who might be interested, you can watch/listen on the Thems' Tabletop Herds Discord (this link will take you directly to the Fate of Foenum campaign text channel), or our Twitch channel. You can also catch previous sessions of this game, as well as other games that are being hosted on that server, at our YouTube.

Word of caution: One of the games on our channel, the Huoshan Hunters campaign, contains strong language and a few references that may not be appropriate for younger audiences.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Hello all once again. I'm here to announce that the cut-off date for wanting to join the above mentioned quest will be this Monday (the 4th) at 11:59pm PDT. After that, a time slot to play the game that can accommodate as many people as possible, will be picked, and then from there the final three slots will be filled. As far as a start date for the new quest is concerned, that's not yet been determined. That said, the sessions will likely last 3-4 hours each, and, if possible, will meet on a weekly basis.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
For those of you who might be interested in joining the game I'll be hosting, the final day to try and get in is today. Speciffialy, let me know via PM here or on Discord if you'd like to join. There are three slots, and at the moment there are 10 people who are trying out for three slots. That said, everyone (barring one of them) has just as much of a chance as getting in as anyone else! So, if you'd like to try and play some D&D TFHs style, hit me up!

The Cut-off is 11:59pm PDT today.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Good day to you all!

We have exciting news today! As mentioned above, the current game I am hosting coming to a close, and the final session will take place on Saturday, September 16 (with Sat. 23 being a back-up date if needed)!

As a result, we've formed up the new group for the next game that I will be hosting. And here are the poor unfortunate souls good people who will be in the new group:

CactusPearGamer
Klint
MightyAlicornHunter
Pizza Pony
and Stars

This next game will begin some time in October, though the exact date, is not set in stone.

Games will continue to be on Saturdays, though the exact time frame has not yet been determined.

Congrats to all who got in. And goodbye to the old group, it was a fun time.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I probobaly should have said something earlier, but...

Tomorrow will be the grand finale of the Fate of Foenum campaign that I'm hosting! Well, the grand finale of the group that ran from levels 1-5. It will be during our normal time slot of 11am to 3pm (PDT). After that, the game will enter a brief hiatus until about mid-October (as mentioned above), when the next chapter of the 4-part story will unfold. This next section will span the levels of 6-10, and includes the good people mentioned above. And whereas the previous one took place in a desert and then a valley, this next one will take place in and around the capital of Rein.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Well, that's was that. We finally finished the first section of this whole huge campaign. The grand adventures of

Benson Baaah, the sheep Wizard
Benson.png

Colorado Blue, Bovine Fighter
Colorado Blue Pic.jpg

IO Lonfy, Alpake Cleric (who was really a sketch journalist with a magic sketch book)
Io.png

Ophelia Longshanks, unicorn Rogue
Ophelia.png

And Xianghua, coffee-loving longma Monk
Xianghua.png

has finally come to a close. Thank you guys for a great time.

It didn't. Our brave heroes ventured forth to slay the great evil that had taken hold upon the Valley of the Three Winters. They found it, in the monstrous form a horrific hybrid of Reindeer, and spider. They battled it bravely, and though they destroyed the evil, they found themselves thrust into The Hold, and then, from there, encased in darkness. Thus, not a single one escaped, but all is not lost, for they will return. You see, this is a four act play, and in the final scene of the final act, the great and grand battle, our brave heroes will return. Thus, it is not farewell, but Good-bye for now. We will see you in the final act...

The next campaign will begin on Oct 21st (give or take a week depending). And as such, a brave new story with brave new heroes!

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
I had a ton of fun (even if I wasn't playing anything "good" like I chose for my alignment) playing with you guys. Sorry for not healing you a bunch :( but in my defense I wanted to be a Tempest cleric. But it was my first D&D character, so I'll let it be. Anyways, regardless of the specifics, I thoroughly enjoyed my time as IO. Maybe a bit too much considering I burned down three buildings... but still had a good time. Thanks OC, for letting me play.