TFH at Frosty Faustings X

Salty Beef

Fau Con, at your service.
Hi all,

Real quick, I'm planning to go to Frosty Faustings X this year (Frosty Faustings), and I'm planning to get a TFH Beta setup going in the casuals area of the place. If anybody here is planning to go as well, would you be interested if I were to hold a free-to-enter side tournament of the latest beta build at the event?
Where exactly is it going to be? (even if it was near me I'm not sure about going... it's 80 dollars a ticket) Ohhh wait a minute.. the event itself is at Chicago huh? dang it... i feel really dumb

Erkicman

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
As we've said in that thread ourselves, yeah, that is a longstanding challenge we've had open. If it is a legitimately reported tournament win, no throws, no joking around, actual serious play, then yes.
Will do my best to make this as "legitimate" as possible then.

Currently waiting for a more official schedule before I tweet stuff out. Basically will either be Friday night or Saturday whenever Injustice 2 and Skullgirls aren't happening.
Also if anyone can bring a setup as well, that would be really helpful. As it stands now, will probably cap at 8 people. Double elim, best 2/3 games until GF if we have more than 3 people. Will anticipate this will take about 2 hours.
Also, since this will be the beta build, any thoughts about tanning the besters if Sonicfox and Oreo show up?

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
Since it's casual, I doubt it, but who knows. Maybe they'll stream a bit with devs discussing the game to help spread the word.
Well, being casual didn't stop them from streaming dedgaem at EVO back in the day so I was a bit hopeful that this would be the case again. Seems like it won't.

*cries in cat*

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
Finally got to get my hands on this game after the long wait and all I got to say is it's way more fun than I had expected. Even though some of my friend disapproved of me playing and a few had fun doing a few rounds so it's a win I guess

I was actually surprised it got streamed too, if I had known I would've entered. ChrisG, Yipes, and all the people they were hanging out with was pretty excited about the game.

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
Had fun playing TFH during the last few hours of Frosty Fausting until Jebailey came out and pretty much yelled "alright bronies make these your last games" and then I died a little on the inside.

Besides that had tons of fun playing against people and losing to Erkicman Oleander (which I swore intentional vengence on)

I'm officially a Pom main now.

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
Yeah. Nice to see people, who I assume are known fighting game personalities, show interest in the game. What's more is that they knew that it was at one point a fan game of LFE, which undoubtedly will turn some people away, but still gave it a chance.

Side note, props to @CamTSB for answering some of their questions.

Erkicman

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Okay, back from Frosty Faustings, I think I've gotten over my post-tournament blues.

Basically, the TFH casuals at the event were quite fun, and the response from people at the event was overwhelmingly positive. There were almost always people playing on the setup, and there were a lot of responses along the lines of, "This game's LEGIT!" and "I'm definitely getting this once it comes out!" and "The animation is really good!". (We also thought that the hitboxes on Arizona's 3C could be lowered a bit so it stops whiffing crouching opponents, unless that's by design!)

I got to answer questions and show some people the ropes, and there were a few people who were losing their minds (in a good way) when they heard about - and saw - what play styles and strategies were possible in the game. One person was particularly overjoyed when he saw that training mode had in-game hitbox viewers and frame data (Something fighting game players have wanted to have in training modes for a while, yet few games actually do it).

Shoutouts to this one guy, Double. He was basically at the setup most of the weekend (he fell in love with the game), labbing Arizona and playing a bunch of matches. I kinda regret showing him what Arizona's magic does and showing him some examples of lasso loops, because by the end of the weekend, he was dangerous. Actually taught me a thing or two about how to use that character lol! He also spent a bunch of time showing people the ropes (both figuratively and literally) as he found out more about how the game played.

Shout outs to Lanxide for the good games! Definitely showed me some stuff with MomDog! Huh... I'm a bit new to having someone have a personal vendetta against me, let's see what happens!

Also shout outs to Jebailey for getting the Mane6 (official) TFH setup going at the event. Whether or not he's ever jebaited you, he really is a cool guy.
20180119_160742.jpg

The setup on the first day, in the corner of the main room between the Smash and Pokken setups

20180120_143841.jpg

What it's like seeing the TFH ads on the main stages between matches

20180120_225601.jpg

The setup on the second day, after it was moved to the exhibitor's hall. There were still people playing even as the tournament's final top 8's were in full swing and the event was starting to close down (which was around when this was taken).