TFH Art by GS

Gemini Shadows

Happy Happy Hippogriff
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
geminishadows.deviantart.com
I'll be posting my TFH fanart here as I make it (if I remember too... I am very forgetful). Here's what I've done so far.

Here are some sketches:

And here's one in color:

I am going to be working on colored versions of each of the remaining sketches as well, but I'm not sure when I'll be getting to them. And I plan to do more sketches in the future too.

Also, if you want to see more of my artwork in general, I have a dA and a Tumblr account where I post it all.

Hope you all enjoy!

(Edit: Smaller image sources swapped in.)

(Edit Edit: Larger image sources restored because Photobucket is lame >_>)

Last edited:

Gemini Shadows

Happy Happy Hippogriff
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Thanks for all of the kind responses! ^_^

I like the paprika one with her sweater, And I think you got their characters down well ^^
Forgot to respond to this earlier. Anyway, I just couldn't resist drawing the sweater. The sweater is amazing.

New sketch from tonight, prompted by CammerHammer's comment over in the concise fan art thread. Ollie-ander really doesn't like it when the High Priestess disses her style and sends her to her room.

Last edited:

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth

Forgot to respond to this earlier. Anyway, I just couldn't resist drawing the sweater. The sweater is amazing.

New sketch from tonight, prompted by CammerHammer's comment over in the concise fan art thread. Ollie-ander really doesn't like it when the High Priestess disses her style and sends her to her room.

Damnit High Priestess, quit joshin her flow!

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains

Saved

CammerHammer

I'll be the Wombo to your Combo
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Clarion, PA

Oh... Oh my. I wasn't actually expecting to see it happen! It's even more glorious than I could have imagined.

Gemini Shadows

Happy Happy Hippogriff
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Oh... Oh my. I wasn't actually expecting to see it happen! It's even more glorious than I could have imagined.
Glad that you enjoyed it. Sometimes I just have to draw an idea when someone mentions it, so I'm glad that you did. It was a great bit of fun! ^_^

Anywho, enough Oleander (for now)! Let's have some of the others, portrait-ified!

Here's an Arizona, who I was trying to make look determined but she just kinda looks angry (or evil).

And here's a Velvet, all sassy and pretty (and conceited) and whatnot.

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

Kioku

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Awesome, I've seen these on DA I think .They look great!!!

Gemini Shadows

Happy Happy Hippogriff
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Goodness that's one fluffy animal!

And I'm liking that jaw line on dragon horse. Very nice.
Such fluff! And such jaw too! They are both quite fun and interesting to work with, and I'm really happy with how these turned out (especially Tianhuo).

I love the Arizona picture :D
Honestly, Arizona is my favorite of the full body set. Paprika comes in a close second though, I think.

Awesome, I've seen these on DA I think .They look great!!!
Thanks! And yeah, I have all of these in my dA gallery and I believe they are all in the fanart group at this point. There's lots of other cool stuff in that group gallery too. It's quite awesome! ^_^

So, all that's left for portraits at the moment is Pom and her puppies, so I doodled hers up this evening:

Now I have to figure out what to doodle up next, since I'm out of first pass portraits. The rest of the colored pieces will come at some point, but I'm not sure when. Until then though, there should be a few more sketches.

Last edited:

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Such fluff! And such jaw too! They are both quite fun and interesting to work with, and I'm really happy with how these turned out (especially Tianhuo).

Honestly, Arizona is my favorite of the full body set. Paprika comes in a close second though, I think.

Thanks! And yeah, I have all of these in my dA gallery and I believe they are all in the fanart group at this point. There's lots of other cool stuff in that group gallery too. It's quite awesome! ^_^

So, all that's left for portraits at the moment is Pom and her puppies, so I doodled hers up this evening:

Now I have to figure out what to doodle up next, since I'm out of first pass portraits. The rest of the colored pieces will come at some point, but I'm not sure when. Until then though, there should be a few more sketches.
There's always the Ice sprites.

Gemini Shadows

Happy Happy Hippogriff
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I return! With OCs! (because let's face it, it was going to happen eventually!)

Sorry for vanishing from the art section for so long. I haven't really done much art in the last few months for various reasons. However, I have begun to start working on some things again, so with any luck, I'll have a kinda semi-active flow of art here (maybe?). Or at least I'll try my best. ^_^

Anyway, here we go.

First we have Viola. She is a Kirin, but due to the lack of Kirin in the world (at least as of yet), I rolled with a unicorn-style design, as Kirin are rather varied in description and this style fits her character concept the best (she may think she's a unicorn, with good reason). She'll probably be updated should Kirin ever appear in the lore, though I'll likely have to take some time to determine exactly how.

Second we have Chipper the sheep and his dog Barkley. I picked the name Chipper because a) his personality, which is always lively and excitable and 2) it could be shortened to Chip, which is the nickname he will be using. Barkley is a bit of a troublemaker and likes to run off a lot (and I mean a lot), often taking off into the wilderness for days at a time.

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Dude, those look AMAZING!
I really like Chip's design, he's like at the sweet spot between real and cartoon, it looks cool. Viola looks adorable with the scarf around her neck! Hope you draw more soon, these were cool to look at, I wonder what they look like in color.

Gemini Shadows

Happy Happy Hippogriff
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Dude, those look AMAZING!
I really like Chip's design, he's like at the sweet spot between real and cartoon, it looks cool. Viola looks adorable with the scarf around her neck! Hope you draw more soon, these were cool to look at, I wonder what they look like in color.
Glad that you like them! I do quite like the state of Chip's design, since I tried to push the fluffiness a bit and was please with how it came out. And I'm really happy with Viola's scarf (it's a bit different than I usually do scarfs but I quite like it). I might do some work with them in color in the future, if inspiration strikes. 83

And now... More OCs! ^_^

This time, we'll start with Rhodes. She's a cow that grew up alone at the edge of a goat village after she was
separated from her parents. She's quite nimble and capable of amazing feats of agility. Rhodes's design was based off of the Akabeko, in part because of the symbolism behind it reflecting in the story and in part because I think the design looks really cool.

Next we have Perilla the Alpaca! Perilla is a mechanic and scientist who spends her days dreaming up crazy contraptions and then attempts to create them, often with mixed results. She left her alpaca clan a long time ago on a journey to find her true self, and she's still in the process of figured that out. Maybe a few more experiments will help out...

Hope you all enjoy!

Last edited:

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
Glad that you like them! I do quite like the state of Chip's design, since I tried to push the fluffiness a bit and was please with how it came out. And I'm really happy with Viola's scarf (it's a bit different than I usually do scarfs but I quite like it). I might do some work with them in color in the future, if inspiration strikes. 83

And now... More OCs! ^_^

This time, we'll start with Rhodes. She's a cow that grew up alone at the edge of a goat village after she was
separated from her parents. She's quite nimble and capable of amazing feats of agility. Rhodes's design was based off of the Akabeko, in part because of the symbolism behind it reflecting in the story and in part because I think the design looks really cool.

Next we have Perilla the Alpaca! Perilla is a mechanic and scientist who spends her days dreaming up crazy contraptions and then attempts to create them, often with mixed results. She left her alpaca clan a long time ago on a journey to find her true self, and she's still in the process of figured that out. Maybe a few more experiments will help out...

Hope you all enjoy!
I think I'm in love with that Alpaca. BOMB!

Reactions: OCisbestungulate

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas

And now... More OCs! ^_^

Hope you all enjoy!
I'd love to see how you'd draw one of us in your art style. I'm not asking, but it would be really cool, I'm looking forward to the colored ones!

Reactions: OCisbestungulate

Gemini Shadows

Happy Happy Hippogriff
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Oh, very nice. I'm liking these OCs.

There's a thread for OCs if you wanna show them off over there as well ;)
Thanks! And I do plan on putting them in the OC thread once I finish this set (there are two more coming for it). I'd like to write up a bit more about them as well. Hopefully it'll be done soon! ^_^

I think I'm in love with that Alpaca. BOMB!
I know the feeling. I'm quite thrilled with how Perilla turned out! 83

I'd love to see how you'd draw one of us in your art style. I'm not asking, but it would be really cool, I'm looking forward to the colored ones!
I do occasionally do requests, so if you'd like to see it, keep an eye open. I usually mention it on my DA and Tumblr pages when I am open for them (more likely on the DA since I tend to update it more often than Tumblr).

Gemini Shadows

Happy Happy Hippogriff
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
These are great! I'm looking forward to your inevitable Longma and Reindeer OC pics.
Well, I can satisfy one of those this time around. But sadly, the other is not represented in this particular group. Not that there won't be one eventually... It just might be a while yet.

Anyway, let's get to this again!

First up this time is Ficus the unicorn. I don't have a whole lot to say about him, as the character concept was mostly designed by a friend (as the original character that this one is based off of is his). He is very fond of nature, as is represented in his outfit design. He spends his time exploring the world, looking to learn as much as he can about magic.

And for the last in this set, we have Melton. Melton is a reindeer who has left behind the land of the north and currently resides in the desert. He was given an enchanted compass by the Ice Sprites prior to his departure, which radiates ice magic, both keeping him cool and allowing him to use his powers if need be.

So, there will likely be more coming up later on, but this is the end of the currently planned out set of concept sketches. There are some unrepresented races that I have plans for later on down the line (both for the Longma and for the Goats, though we don't know much about the latter yet), but I'm not quite sure when those will be to the point of doing sketches. I'll be sure to let you know when they are though! ^_^

Until then, hope you all enjoy!

Last edited:

Gemini Shadows

Happy Happy Hippogriff
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your reindeer looks pretty good, interesting concept and wonderful pun name.
Thanks! I had the character concept when was looking through names for different types of fabrics to use for his name, saw the cloth melton, and just couldn't resist the pun. ^_^

So, there was a cool meetup this past evening with some local artists and there was a large sheet of paper used as a tablecloth, along with a series of colored pencils. Everyone was doodling all about, so I decided to pick up some of the pencils and doodle along with them. I chose to do a colored sketch-up of Viola, and I was very happy with the end result.

[/sketch]

Last edited:

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Thanks! I had the character concept when was looking through names for different types of fabrics to use for his name, saw the cloth melton, and just couldn't resist the pun. ^_^

So, there was a cool meetup this past evening with some local artists and there was a large sheet of paper used as a tablecloth, along with a series of colored pencils. Everyone was doodling all about, so I decided to pick up some of the pencils and doodle along with them. I chose to do a colored sketch-up of Viola, and I was very happy with the end result.

Nice, also the fennec fox ears look super cute colored in like this!

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup

A purple unicorn! Those are about as rare as a unicorn! Oh wait.
Y'know, if the majority is white, and Oli is black (Oh how many will come up with paralells in people for no apparent reasons) due to the magic they use, what magic does Viola do?? And before I forget: She's cute!!!!

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
A purple unicorn! Those are about as rare as a unicorn! Oh wait.
Y'know, if the majority is white, and Oli is black (Oh how many will come up with paralells in people for no apparent reasons) due to the magic they use, what magic does Viola do?? And before I forget: She's cute!!!!
Grape.

CrpCrwls

This dim light which falls from the stars...
Feb 6, 2016
They're either green or purple here in the US. Never heard of a blue grape... hmmm, now I want one.
I was aware of green, dark purple and pink grapes but apparently they can be crimson, black, dark blue, yellow, light green (who are called white), orange, and pink. Also am I the only one who think that Wine magic would be interesting?

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
I was aware of green, dark purple and pink grapes but apparently they can be crimson, black, dark blue, yellow, light green (who are called white), orange, and pink. Also am I the only one who think that Wine magic would be interesting?
Nope, now we need a Grape RPG.