Tag-team Battles

Bass Drop

That Sarcastic Pony
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Delaware, United States
I don't know if this was discussed recently (or at all) but I've been playing some Dragon Ball FighterZ and I was wondering if there could be tag-team matches implemented into the game like DBFZ where if one character gets knocked down another could join in? I think could add a lot of variety into the game, sure the fighting sessions might be longer but I don't think too many people are bothered by that. Also it could be an optional feature where player could select if they want to use 2 or even 3 characters.

Brutus

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Wouldn't that just make it too much like Skullgirls/MvC/literally ever other mascot fighter out there, though? And there would need to be way more than just six (or nine once the other three make landfall) characters for proper mixing/matching of dive-ins, supports, etc.
I'm fine with how it is currently.
Though, I could see this as a way to bring in a "survival" mode in single player against AIs, as opposed to just going through arcade mode.

Erkicman

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I know it's humanoids instead of animals, but Skullgirls would really be up your alley here. A lot of the TFH feel is there, the pushblock is there, it actually allows you to choose to 1, 2, or 3 characters to put on a team.

Brutus

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Three?!? I thought only Goat was announced.
Right. I was about to ask something similar. When did they announce 2 other characters?
I could have sworn I had heard that their partnering with humble bundle allowed for further development beyond goat, and that they'd planned on two more characters. I'd have to reread the news posts to make sure I've got that right, though.

EDIT: wait, here it is: "Humble Bundle has provided us with the funding necessary to continue supporting Them's Fightin' Herds during and after we reach the final milestone of our promised crowdfund content (Game, Goat DLC and Goat story), which in here also means "additional characters will exist after Goat", (expanding our roster of characters!), as well as opening up lots of exciting options and possibilities for the future of the game, which is great."

So there will be more coming after goat, and by the wording it seems that there would be more than one. So I assumed at least two.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pom d'or

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
I could have sworn I had heard that their partnering with humble bundle allowed for further development beyond goat, and that they'd planned on two more characters. I'd have to reread the news posts to make sure I've got that right, though.

EDIT: wait, here it is: "Humble Bundle has provided us with the funding necessary to continue supporting Them's Fightin' Herds during and after we reach the final milestone of our promised crowdfund content (Game, Goat DLC and Goat story), which in here also means "additional characters will exist after Goat", (expanding our roster of characters!), as well as opening up lots of exciting options and possibilities for the future of the game, which is great."

So there will be more coming after goat, and by the wording it seems that there would be more than one. So I assumed at least two.
It was stated by devs over the official Discord, as well as a few livestream chats (not Mane6 livestreams, streams of other people playing the game) that there’s three characters “in the works.” What that means exactly is unclear, but we at least know that there’s two more characters planned after goat.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
If those two characters are in the works, does that mean some of the beta players will test them out to check over all their moves before they are brought out for everyone?

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
If those two characters are in the works, does that mean some of the beta players will test them out to check over all their moves before they are brought out for everyone?
Not likely, since the backer's beta has been rescinded already in favor of the full game. They could always try and enlist beta player help later on, I suppose, but most likely they have their own playtesters to handle everything.

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
Since we're on the topic of tag team is it possible for the game to support the tag team system like what Street fighter cross Tekken has? Where it's a total of 4 players at a controller and you can tag in/out a player to continue a combo or recover health.

Reactions: <|:n0n4m3:|>

Bass Drop

That Sarcastic Pony
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Delaware, United States
Since we're on the topic of tag team is it possible for the game to support the tag team system like what Street fighter cross Tekken has? Where it's a total of 4 players at a controller and you can tag in/out a player to continue a combo or recover health.
Ooooooo, that sounds interesting