Super Smash Brothers

Borin

saw right through that.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Seattle, Washington
The backer forum and a super smash brothers update (BAYO HYPE).

I love this game. I mainly play Smash 4 and use Cloud.

Today's a good day.

Ambris

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I love me some Smash. So little time time to play though x_x

I main Sonic, and also play a lot of Ike and Lucina.

bibliogeek

Sick of tea? That's like being sick of breathing!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
DC
I really got into the fire emblem characters for the latest smash.

Met

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Is Bayo out now? Not sure why I thought it was late Feb.

I main Zelda and ZSS so Bayo is probably going to be a good fit coming off the latter. Cloud also feels good, but haven't had much chance to play him.

Ultra Lucky Cat

Best Felyne Food Skill
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
My main competitive game is, in fact, Melee, my main being Falco. I like the smash series as a whole, but I couldn't get into Smash 4 despite having started out with Brawl. Lucario is just about the only thing that keeps me on the fence on trying it again.

Kegradigm

Professional Heister
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
My primary is Rosalina and Luma, despite the fact that she's OP as all hell.

My secondary is King Dedede because he's fun and high-tier at the same time, ane my tertiary is Meta Knight just because he was my main in Brawl, and I refuse to let go completely.

lunadash

Back to the Lab again
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Outside of Rein
If anyone wants to play some Smash 4 I'm mostly up tour 2-3+ sets at anytime

Melee is life

Main: Duck Hunt
Pocket: Yoshi, Charizard
Training: Corrin

Last edited:
Reactions: Altashi

Spagem

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Arizona
I'm going to go against the popular opinion and say Brawl is my favorite. The reason I don't say Melee is because I have no real life friends to play with (Or real life friends in the general. I'm a loner.), and Brawl had online to cover that. Sm4sh on Wii U is alright, but it's missing the magic every other Smash game had for me.

Ahh, memories playing Brawl/Project: M with the folks on Smashboards...

Alex--Dash

Chiro the Bat Pony
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Utah
I main Kirby, Villager, Mewtwo, and Duck Hunt. And Shulk sometimes, when I'm really feeling it.
LMAO I see what you did there. :rolleyes:

I mained pikachu, TL, Marth, Peach, and Ludwig...Until Cloud came around. :cool: (yes, I'm casual if you couldn't tell. The scum of the community I know. I don't care)
Love playing as Corrin, I just suck with him/her. Bayo isn't as fun, but I play better with her. I'll probably just stick with Cloud.
However, what's really fun is choosing random. Just sayin'.

Solvandus

Chin Piece
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Always liked Marth/Lucina/Roy, Dr. Mario, R.O.B., Wario and Ganondorf ^^. I really liked the comboability in Project: M, and was glad that combo'ing had returned in Smash 4 to some degree.

Oh, right, gotta pick up Bayonetta next eShop card I get...

Imperator Enya

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Norway
<--- Smash Enthusiast. ;) Tough I prefer Project M, I love them all. I'm a Game and Watch main, loyal trough every game.

Daring

Words are hard.
Backers' Beta Tester
I'm going to go against the popular opinion and say Brawl is my favorite. The reason I don't say Melee is because I have no real life friends to play with (Or real life friends in the general. I'm a loner.), and Brawl had online to cover that. Sm4sh on Wii U is alright, but it's missing the magic every other Smash game had for me.

Ahh, memories playing Brawl/Project: M with the folks on Smashboards...
You're not alone. Brawl was the first fighting game I played competitively, and I spent hours in college practicing with friends and driving out to locals. I briefly tried to swap to melee, but at that point I had a few thousand hours of Brawl with tap-jump off, and didn't feel it was worth the effort and loss of sanity. Last year, at a convention, I picked up Smash 4 for the first time (entered a "tourney"), and went really far in the bracket (but the entire thing was a mess). It just felt really slow and unresponsive compared to brawl and melee. The only reason I probably did as well as I did was because my main (ROB) was largely unchanged. Though, I did miss the glide tosses and booster shenanigans you could do in Brawl. I hardly play Smash anymore, but I still watch quite a bit of it on streams and vods. Been enjoying the attention Melee's gotten, especially.

Anyhow, I'll let the rest of y'all get back to your Smash 4 discussion.

lunadash

Back to the Lab again
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Outside of Rein
Bayonetta Is broken right now

She is so safe to play, you also cant even edgeard her because her UP-B beat almost everything Her counter is the stroongest in the game too and since it only slow time, it does not matter what move hit it, Jab or smash, it will always result that She can Full Charge Smash killing you at around 60%+ always.

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
yay smash my main is my boy Roy and my secondarys are Ganon, Kirby, and Lucario(also some jigs is always fun) sadly I cant play right now my cord for my WiiU is broken:(

AirSonance

"My heals are here for you!"
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
So, here's the obligatory Smash thread. Neat!

I don't have mains or pockets, I've just got characters. Shulk, Pit, Cloud, Lucina, Mario... Honestly, my big three would probably be Shulk, Lucina, and Pit.

Reactions: Rexis

Necroceine

One Fiery Birdie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Connecticut, USA
I mostly play Dedede, Ike, Lucario, and ROB. Sometimes I also use Rosalina, Meta Knight, Pit, Shiek, Greninja, Bowser, and Pikachu. From my experience with Bayonetta and Corrin so far they're likely to be joining my rotation somewhere.

Amusingly, in my first online match trying out Corrin, I was thrown into a game with two other Corrins and one Zero Suit Samus named "TFW no DLC". (I was the second place Corrin)

TheTrainingDummy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
California
Sandbag represent!
I mostly play Yoshi myself. Always practicing, but inevitability even when practicing and getting down new tech, I always have trouble getting a killing move. I'm actually currently practicing b-reversing egg toss on the ground, but I keep egg rolling and gets me killed sometimes...
Otherwise, I play these guys for the fun of it:
Charizard, Mr. Game and Watch, Jigglypuff, Bowser, Kirby, ROB, Shulk, Villager, Toon Link, Duck Hunt, and Pikachu.

I'm kind of in a bad spot actually... When ever I face my friends irl they kind of complain that I'm too good, when I know for sure I pretty much suck. Even when I play a character I never play, I know more about the game that lets me exploit a lot of their mistakes. I've tried using anther's ladder to get better. I've never taken a single set off of anyone there. I've also gone to a few locals, but my success is pretty minimal and I get bodied XD. It doesn't look like I'll ever really improve, but I guess I keep trying.

If anyone wants to fight me in a few friendlies I'm up for it. Just let me know, I'll try not to end up as a sandbag :p

lunadash

Back to the Lab again
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Outside of Rein
Anyone wants to play some friendlies? I'm a tad rusty but I can still put up a good fight.

My ID name is Lunadash

Altashi

Never Was a Wiser
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Western Australia
I'll be up for some friendlies if anyone's game. ID is Altashi Limesta.

Edit: Oop. Got my Mii name mixed up with my ID. :p

Last edited:

Falco

Ace Pilot
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Australia
Fox main here in smash 4 (The username Fox was taken so I went with his ace pilot instead). Don't play a lot of wi-fi but I do go to some locals.

Fox is quite a solid character overall in this game with strings and somewhat kill confirms (depending on DI). Once you get stage control (basically having the momentum and applying pressure by rushing them down and keeping them up in the air), your opponent will have difficulty trying to reset the game to neutral. Utilt is basically Fox's bread and butter, it combos into itself at low % and leads into other followups at mid to high %. Utilt into Uair for kills on stage or Utilt into Bair at the ledge (need to be able to get the 2 frame vulnerability for this). SH Uair has auto cancel frames that frame traps if your opponent chooses to airdodge into the ground (or take a Uair instead).

He does suffer from being really light and having really predicable recoveries. It's also really easy to edge guard against Fox (Fox illusion and Fire Fox are linear movements so you hit him out of it). His throws are a bit lack luster so if your opponent decides to sit in shield at kill percents it would make it difficult to take the stock (although Uthrow can put them in a disadvantageous position of being above you, you never want to be above Fox). His offstage game isn't too good either so choosing to go out and around to get the ledge instead of landing on stage is usually quite safe against Fox.

There's more on Fox but this post is getting too long =S.

lunadash

Back to the Lab again
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Outside of Rein
Fox main here in smash 4 (The username Fox was taken so I went with his ace pilot instead). Don't play a lot of wi-fi but I do go to some locals.

Fox is quite a solid character overall in this game with strings and somewhat kill confirms (depending on DI). Once you get stage control (basically having the momentum and applying pressure by rushing them down and keeping them up in the air), your opponent will have difficulty trying to reset the game to neutral. Utilt is basically Fox's bread and butter, it combos into itself at low % and leads into other followups at mid to high %. Utilt into Uair for kills on stage or Utilt into Bair at the ledge (need to be able to get the 2 frame vulnerability for this). SH Uair has auto cancel frames that frame traps if your opponent chooses to airdodge into the ground (or take a Uair instead).

He does suffer from being really light and having really predicable recoveries. It's also really easy to edge guard against Fox (Fox illusion and Fire Fox are linear movements so you hit him out of it). His throws are a bit lack luster so if your opponent decides to sit in shield at kill percents it would make it difficult to take the stock (although Uthrow can put them in a disadvantageous position of being above you, you never want to be above Fox). His offstage game isn't too good either so choosing to go out and around to get the ledge instead of landing on stage is usually quite safe against Fox.

There's more on Fox but this post is getting too long =S.
Can I fight you? There no good fox mains where I'm at, even if the match up is in your favor (I'm a duck hunt main).

That's not Falco