Super Smash Brothers

Squid

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
This game is a huge part of my life. I love playing it. For me melee is more enjoyable to watch and sm4sh is more fun to play with friends. Anyone want to add me on wii u my NNID: is Raigen

linkster

Certified Paprika Main™
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I just play whatever character I feel like playing at the time, although a few have been more consistent. Those being Charizard, Pac-Man, and Marth.

lunadash

Back to the Lab again
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Outside of Rein
This game is a huge part of my life. I love playing it. For me melee is more enjoyable to watch and sm4sh is more fun to play with friends. Anyone want to add me on wii u my NNID: is Raigen
Adding, Seen you in the splatoon forum and won't mind playing you in both games.

Salnalus

Fœnum Settler
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 5, 2016
Fœnum
salnalus.tumblr.com
Sonic main here. I like toplay as just about every character actually, but there are those I like to play more than others. Sonic, Zero Suit Samus, Pit, Bowser, Charizard, Mewtwo and stuff. I sadly don't have any of the DLC characters outside Mewtwo, who I got a code for from a friend.

Sans

white★bone dunker
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Everybody get up, its time to smash now...

Talen-Jei

Gureato Daze
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
Louisiana
You have no idea how much I love Smash Bros. It's definitely my favorite game series of all time. I clocked in over 600 hours in Smash 4 alone. I've also played a few tournaments, and won one, but I don't consider myself a professional.

As for mains, I tend to use Cloud, Little Mac, and Ryu; though Corrin and Bayonetta are getting up there as secondaries. I also tend to use Ganondorf or Robin for doubles.

didyousaythat

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Smash is the best! It's the only game I can fight well in when it comes to competitive play. At the beginning I mained Robin for a while before I switched to Shulk. Now that Bayo came out, i've been playing her every chance I get. She is really fun to play and she is the best character for me to punish my brother's R.O.B. main and his infernal tops.

EpicBleye

Waifu Stealer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
your dreams.
Smash thread. Awesome!

My mains are Pikachu and Toon Link, but Corrin might squeeze in there as well. He's definitely top ten material.

Bayonetta's good too, but her fastest attack (dtilt) comes out at frame 7, which will probably keep her from being S tier. Though her combo game is 2stronk, so hopefully I'm wrong.

Midnight_Blitz

The Reason Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Somewhere, Out There
Of course this thread exists. *shrug*

My mains in Smash 4 vary depending on the console I'm on.
3DS: Rosalina, Marth, Lucina, Robin, Corrin, Pikachu, Bayo
Wii U: Marth, Lucina, Corrin, Pikachu, Kirby, Lucas, Bayo
Trying to fit Roy in somewhere.

MAINS! I've had too many since Marth became a laughingstock to the competitive brackets.

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
I love every Smash game, even Brawl. In order of favorite to least favorite though it would be: Smash4, Melee, Brawl, Smash 64.

EpicBleye

Waifu Stealer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
your dreams.
I can't play right now, but my NID is also EpicBleye if you want to friend me for later use! (just be sure to mention you're from these forums!)

TheTrainingDummy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
California
GG it was fun, stared picking random and somewhere on the line B became ->B :D (sorry for the lag)
Yup, thanks for the games. And don't worry. It looks like it settled down afterwards, so I think we still got quite a few good games in.

That Falco meteor though.

Ggwp!

TheTrainingDummy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
California
The fact that you exist, and are posting on this thread is amazing. I mean, Smash is a very lovely game, and this thread is lovely too, but you're now the cherry on top.
Aww, thanks for the nice words, but I'm nothing special. I'm pretty sure lunadash started asking for friendlies before me after all.:D

Rexis

He, who is concerned.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 9, 2016
Where are my MELEE PEOPLE AT?!!!
At least any PM players?
Don't get me wrong I like Sm4sh, just haven't played it competitively yet.

lunadash

Back to the Lab again
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Outside of Rein
Where are my MELEE PEOPLE AT?!!!
At least any PM players?
Don't get me wrong I like Sm4sh, just haven't played it competitively yet.
Melee > S4

but sadly I don't have a real gamecube USB controller to use or I would totally be game for 3-4 sets

Reactions: Rexis

Rexis

He, who is concerned.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 9, 2016
Melee > S4

but sadly I don't have a real gamecube USB controller to use or I would totally be game for 3-4 sets
I don't have a gamecube usb controller, so we're in the same dilemma.

1. Who do you main? Any second main?
2. Have you gone to a tournament?
3. Favorite Pro Player.
4. Your Worst Match Up

I will JUDGE your answers. ;D

lunadash

Back to the Lab again
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Outside of Rein
I don't have a gamecube usb controller, so we're in the same dilemma.

1. Who do you main? Any second main?
2. Have you gone to a tournament?
3. Favorite Pro Player.
4. Your Worst Match Up

I will JUDGE your answers. ;D
O no Judging

1. Main: Falco Pocket: Luigi
2. Still go to tourneys when I can (when to EVO last year)
3. I'm somewhat tied with Hungrybox and Mango (Also for some reason ken)
4. Sheik and marth but mostly marth

So what's your?

Rexis

He, who is concerned.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 9, 2016
O no Judging

1. Main: Falco Pocket: Luigi
2. Still go to tourneys when I can (when to EVO last year)
3. I'm somewhat tied with Hungrybox and Mango (Also for some reason ken)
4. Sheik and marth but mostly marth

So what's your?
You pass. Anyone who has a pocket Luigi is alright in my book.

lunadash

Back to the Lab again
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Outside of Rein
You pass. Anyone who has a pocket Luigi is alright in my book.
I know this will change your mine, I think pichu can be high tier due to his fram data is better then fox. First he has a good recovery, Small hitbox, has a better combo game then Pikachu.

pichu might hurt himself in combos but in a game where one touch is death taking a tad of damage is fine by me

EpicBleye

Waifu Stealer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
your dreams.
The bigger issue with Pichu is how light he is. Plus, Pichu's recovery is worse than Pika's while also being weaker in general. He doesn't get many great approach options either, and doesn't have quite the same ability to stay in the game like Pika does.

I do think Pichu is underrated, but not to the point that he's high tier.

Rexis

He, who is concerned.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 9, 2016
I know this will change your mine, I think pichu can be high tier due to his fram data is better then fox. First he has a good recovery, Small hitbox, has a better combo game then Pikachu.

pichu might hurt himself in combos but in a game where one touch is death taking a tad of damage is fine by me
Though I like your enthusiasm, and while you be right in SOME of the frame data, Fox OUT prioritizes Pichu in MANY attacks. And his low body in frame, makes him really easy to K.O. at REALLY low percentages, than the rest of the cast. Adding the fact he damages himself, turns his self inflicting into a huge disadvantage even while the opponent isn't near him. I like the character too, but the way he is designed hinders himm way too much. :/

The bigger issue with Pichu is how light he is. Plus, Pichu's recovery is worse than Pika's while also being weaker in general. He doesn't get many great approach options either, and doesn't have quite the same ability to stay in the game like Pika does.

I do think Pichu is underrated, but not to the point that he's high tier.
I completely agree.

Last edited by a moderator:

lunadash

Back to the Lab again
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Outside of Rein
Ok I praises Pichu a tad too mush (Should of say mid tier) but I still see a lot of potential in him that no one fully develop yet. There bnb combos that only Pichu can sneak out off mid combo, and his grab chains are great just to add a few details.

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wahahahaha. Pichu does things. I's just that without the tools Pikachu has (due to damage), he's worse.
Man, my Melee Marth needs some work.

EpicBleye

Waifu Stealer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
your dreams.
I don't play Melee too seriously. It just isn't worth the time or destroying my hands over.

I find that Sm4sh is more fun anyway. More characters and a lot easier to get into. It doesn't hurt that Sm4sh players aren't elitists most of the time.

EAiscool

The conversation starter
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 18, 2016
Is it weird that I play ProjectM on keyboard?

Better question. Is it weird that I'm actually better on keyboard than I am with a regular GC controller?

LoneZ

Dood!
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Well, I guess i'm one of the minorities who sm4shes on the 3ds.
I play Ness, Lucas, G&W Jigglypuff.

Is it weird that I play ProjectM on keyboard?

Better question. Is it weird that I'm actually better on keyboard than I am with a regular GC controller?
Maybe :/ I play Skullgirls better with a keyboard sooo....
How do you even wavedash on a keyboard :/

EAiscool

The conversation starter
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 18, 2016
Well, I guess i'm one of the minorities who sm4shes on the 3ds.
I play Ness, Lucas, G&W Jigglypuff.

Maybe :/ I play Skullgirls better with a keyboard sooo....
How do you even wavedash on a keyboard :/
With practice. Although, you can only do it at one angle, so you can only wavedash one distance basically. But then again, I play Link. His wavedashes suck anyways.

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
If anyone plays on 3DS id love to play with you guys, woudl be fun to play with fellow ungulates :)

Just PM me your friend code.

Jekijet

Salty Tryharder
Backers' Beta Tester
May 29, 2017
France
Melee

because much more interresting to play and the entertainment is real <3

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Not sure if you heard the leak, but apparently there's a possibility that the next SSB will be brought out in the next E3 Convention (of which I'll put up a thread to post links to it and other games coming out in June).

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Not sure if you heard the leak, but apparently there's a possibility that the next SSB will be brought out in the next E3 Convention (of which I'll put up a thread to post links to it and other games coming out in June).
I've seen those leaks. Most likely fake, but I would gladly accept a Smash on the Switch.