Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
PLANT BOI IS HERE~

Fun and weird as heck.

Tunnel_Rhino526

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
You no longer need Pokemon Let's Go to get the partner Pikachu and Eevee spirits. With that my Spirit collection is finally completed.

Reactions: Cinnamaldehyde

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
Palutenas’s Guidance for Piranha Plant, or as I like to call it
Viridi Goes Full Bubba Gump

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
I’m hoping Sparkster will be the next Konami rep. Imagine the neat remixes we could get out of his game(s).

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
Can you edit movesets like you could with Smash 4? I know you can with the Mii fighters in Ultimate, but I have no idea how to get to that kind of area for the rest of the characters. Also, the fight against Captain Falcon, Donkey and Diddy Kong in DK’s area is really frustrating.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Can you edit movesets like you could with Smash 4? I know you can with the Mii fighters in Ultimate, but I have no idea how to get to that kind of area for the rest of the characters. Also, the fight against Captain Falcon, Donkey and Diddy Kong in DK’s area is really frustrating.
No, custom special moves were removed from the game, aside from the Mii Fighters, because they're basically the Smash version of Create-a-Fighter. Custom moves were far too much hassle and basically impossible to balance, and likely would have taken tons of development time the devs weren't able to spend.

I know exactly which one you mean, too. The one with the Bullet Bill spam, right? Here's the cheat: Equip a Spirit that gives you a Franklin Badge. Enjoy.

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
Are there any other modes you can use an amiibo character or is it just the regular Smash mode?

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
Scratch that. Beat Giga Bowser and now am on Galeem.

Last edited:

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Are there any other modes you can use an amiibo character or is it just the regular Smash mode?
I haven't bothered trying. As far as I know, it's just in the Smash area.

Cyberfox VII

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
I know exactly which one you mean, too. The one with the Bullet Bill spam, right? Here's the cheat: Equip a Spirit that gives you a Franklin Badge. Enjoy.
It was a LONG time before I found a spirit that grants Franklin Badge. I had to settle for Fox's projectile shield.

Any suggestions for the Galeem fight?
I found that Ness/Lucas's down special works on at least one of its projectile attacks. That is, the one where Galeem splits into three and shoots energy/fire balls at you. I never tried it on the one with the blue energy ball that splits into smaller ones, and in retrospect, I'm rather befuddled as to why. Regardless however, being able to heal off one of its attacks should go a long way.

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
The “better shields” spirits seem to help, but when he has both the yellow and blue splitting ones at the same time is where things tend to fall apart.

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
I wonder if Nintendo connecting their reveal trailers would be a good idea, like having the end of one hint at who's coming next.

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
That could be cool, but I think it would ruin the surprise. It is also something that YouTube channels do to get people to come back, and Nintendo doesn't really need that.

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Seriously why even do two more characters after this? What could POSSIBLY follow these two? Unreal.

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
Problem with Sora is how would you adapt him without additional licensing from Disney?

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
Normally I wouldn't post this here, but look at Shantae's window...

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Normally I wouldn't post this here, but look at Shantae's window...
You mean that generic circular window that has been in cartoons and games for decades and is literally in every Shantae game? :D