1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Them's Fightin' Herds is now out on Early Access!
    You can buy it from these links.
    Humble Bundle // Steam

3. 26.6.18: Situation update

Current Early Access Patch: 11-5-2018+ Hotfix 11-5-18.a

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

Discussion in 'Fighting Games' started by Cinnamaldehyde, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Cinnamaldehyde

Cinnamaldehyde DDR Savant
    Backers' Beta Tester

I was surprised to come back this weekend and not see a thread for this!
    "Spoilers" should be assumed in this thread but feel free to put them on anyways!

What do you think about Ridly?

What do you think about that terrible 1v1 with Bayonetta?

Wave dashing?...

More characters announced closer to release or DLC

Whatever you want to talk about. I want to listen. on the weekends because I'm busy with work...

Delusional Dreamer likes this.
  2. Lurk

Lurk Well-Known Member

If it’s anything like the past two games, expect at least one joke character addition (like ROB or Duck Hunt)

3. ty4brawl

ty4brawl Feed b ack
    Backers' Beta Tester

My thoughts are, stop forgetting Daisy and "Everyone is here!" :eye: :eye:

4. Lurk

Lurk Well-Known Member

I hope we get a video on any new game mechanics if there are any. The roster looks nice, but it felt like they put a little too much focus on the roster and not much on anything else.

5. BypenThynDragon

BypenThynDragon I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
    Backers' Beta Tester

Velvet 5 Smash

6. super hurricane

super hurricane Well-Known Member

Needs a certain One Winged Angel and a red pineapple-haired macho man to be in the villains roster...as well as a adventure mode.

7. SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz Where there is smoke, there is fire!
    Backers' Beta Tester

All that needs to be said is: RIDLEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

No but seriously he's like the only character I've wanted for 17 years running. (I also want Shovel Knight but he hasn't been around for 17 years) It made me happy beyond compare. The rest of the roster being there is pretty slick too, though.

1. She hasn't been completely dealt with yet. Triple jump glitch is still there, which is part of why that happened. Plup also was using a new character he had no idea how to use, just to make the crowd happy, probably. Some nerfs have already been confirmed in her by playtesters, though, so you can expect she'll be hit more by the time the game is out.

2. Confirmed to not exist. They aren't putting that back in.

3. There very obviously will be more characters announced, just don't expect a LOT more. DLC is possible but with a roster this big, do we REALLY need anymore?

bruh did you talk garbage about my boy ROB, the savior of Nintendo, cause I'll cut a fish :Velvet:

Yes, uh, that was the entire point of this. To drop the bombshell that we were getting the ENTIRE roster, AS WELL as new mechanics (did you miss that part?) and some stuff about stages (84 confirmed so far, holy crap) and assist trophies and what not. Obviously they're saving talk of other stuff like single player, additional modes, online play, etc. for a future Direct. They already took around 25+ minutes on THIS presentation as it was, AND the game is still being developed.

It IS worth nothing that some stuff got confirmed in the interim that I'm surprised they didn't tell us during the presentation, such as the fact that stage hazards can now be disabled. And I'm not talking about the Battlefield and Omega forms they DID announce, I mean stage hazards can be outright turned off now. That's a game-changer right there.

8. Lurk

Lurk Well-Known Member

More Smash!

Delusional Dreamer likes this.
  9. CrazyBob05

CrazyBob05 Well-Known Member

The hype train hit me going at full-throttle. I'm ecstatic about this. Cloud Strife and Solid Snake both return to Smash

10. Invader TAK

Invader TAK Master of Random
    Backers' Beta Tester

Let's be clear. We're getting a game where Mario, Solid Snake, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud Strife and Bayonetta can fight each other in the same MATCH. Oh and Ridley is no longer too big.

11. BypenThynDragon

BypenThynDragon I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
    Backers' Beta Tester

Yes, and no, Ridley is still too big

12. SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz Where there is smoke, there is fire!
    Backers' Beta Tester

Too big for my heart.........

13. Nadia

Nadia Well-Known Member

Mhhh if they now add Simon Belmond in his Japanese and Western Design, the I could consider to buy a switch. ö.ö