Summer Steam Sale 2016 (Credit Card Debt Simulator)

Can you resist the might of Lord Gaben?

• Bah! I can get through this sale without buying anything

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I might buy 1 or 2 games, but nothing excessive

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • OK, I bought more than I thought I would, but it wasn't too much

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 80% OFF!? MY WALLET CAN'T TAKE IT! CURSE YOU GABEN!

• I've emptied out my life savings, but it was 75% off, so it was worth it.

• Total voters

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
Nice grab on the serious sam collection, those games are great and dirt cheap during sales. Same with Doom tbh, it sounds like my kinda game but my rig is in need of a serious upgrade.
Same here. Meanwhile, you should pick up Ultimate Doom and Doom II, because they're super great and they're the only two games aside from Tecmo Superb Owl that I've played non-stop since I was a kid.

Reactions: baxdab

$Bison

Apr 11, 2016
So after sifting through over 500 pages of sales, I've narrowed it down to 71 games on my "maybe" list. *phew* Now to stew on it for another 8 days and be all indecisive and torn about it.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I just noticed, Elite: Dangerous is 33% off. Don't let the results fool you, this is a massive space simulator (and I mean massive, the entire Milky Way is simulated), which the usual steam users find really boring.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I just noticed, Elite: Dangerous is 33% off. Don't let the results fool you, this is a massive space simulator (and I mean massive, the entire Milky Way is simulated), which the usual steam users find really boring.
It's a game I'm going to get eventually, as it supports VR. Heard good things, surprised it's Mixed rating.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
It's a game I'm going to get eventually, as it supports VR. Heard good things, surprised it's Mixed rating.
I still consider it my favourite game, and play it semi-regularly (dormitory firewall really hates it, so I have to playe on my phone's internet:D). I am going to play my eyeballs out with it this summer though.
--edit--
And the bad reviews are because the most active players are not using steam. When the game was released there FD asked everyone that if they can live without steam please don't register it, as they need to pay money for each copy not bought there.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Bought Windward. And I like it, it's pretty fun. That's it for the summer sale for me.

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
So, I think I'm finished with buying from the Summer Sale, here's everything I picked up

Saints Row Collection: Love this series. The Third is great, IV is great, 2...not as great but still pretty great. Comes with all the DLC you can shake a spiked bat at.

Serious Sam Collection: Loooooooove me some Sam. One of the best First Person Shooters that I've ever played. Fast and intense, and the difficulty is out of this world!

Brutal Legend: AKA Jack Black's glorious drug-induced fever dream. I'm upset that the Steam version doesn't come with the LOVE GIVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH that you could get from pre-ordering it so long ago.

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger: Legit only got this for the soundtrack. There's no reason to play Calamity Trigger unless you care about the story and/or want to see how god awful Tager was in the original.

Stardew Valley: Haven't played it yet. Reminds me of Harvest Moon and I loved that to death.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Missed a day of free cards >_<

I'll probably end up buying a few more things before the sale ends, but I've probably bought the majority of the things I will for the duration.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I have Serious Sam Classic (First and Second), Serious Sam Classics Revolution, Serious Sam 2, Serious Sam 3 BFE, Serious Sam HD (First and Second) myself. I played a bit of Revolution apparently, but that's it.

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
Sale basically over, ended up buying all the main AC games I was missing AND Rise of the Tomb Raider (I can't get over how awkward that title is for a sequel) all for $56.

So... Yay. I bought exactly what I set to buy and didn't overspend (ended up $4 under budget!). For being my first steam sale where I actually have money to spend freely, it went rather well.

baxdab

Totally a backer guys
Jun 25, 2016
baxbound.tumblr.com
I have all the serious sam games, from classic 1 to BFE, so I'm down with whichever.

Also, is there a steam group/discord chat for the forums? That may make organization easier.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
It seems I now have them as well, thanks to a mysterious benefactor. So yaay, I can die repeadetly nex to you!
I am so going to pay it back somehow.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I have all the serious sam games, from classic 1 to BFE, so I'm down with whichever.

Also, is there a steam group/discord chat for the forums? That may make organization easier.
There are a couple.

There is this larger group.

Then there is the one I made (first), but unfortunately didn't double-check the spelling (Put "Fighting" instead of "Fightin'" >_<). C'est la vie, non? That's why Steam asks you to confirm the spellings *sighs*.

Is Steam sale over? YES?! I didn't even sign into Steam during the sale. Procrastination finally a force for good. Now I just gotta iron my clothes and vacuum the house.
Not quite. Still about 5 hours to go. It ends when Steam updates its sales at the usual time (1300 EST).

Crayv

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Well, I think I bought just as much in gifts as I have in things for myself (which is about the norm for me on these Steam Sales).

As for Serious Sam. I have Serious Sam Classic (1st and 2nd), Revolution, and HD.

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
This summer sale was pretty disappointing to be honest, since the prices were fixed for the whole event I only ended up buying 2 games.

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
This summer sale was pretty disappointing to be honest, since the prices were fixed for the whole event I only ended up buying 2 games.
They ended up removing flash sales and daily deals during the winter sale. I assume this is due to the ability to refund your games if you really didn't like them, since people might try to exploit it to gain money to buy more stuff. Honestly, that idea is horseapples and it shouldn't be that hard for Valve to be able to determine if you got the game on sale or not. Hell, why not require a copy of the purchase certificate/email so people get exactly as much as they put in back?

But yeah, steam sales have just gotten very disappointing since last December outside of midweek madness and promotional sales.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
^Erm, unless they really screwed things up, that's exactly what happens. You get what you paid back, not the 'current price set'. Pretty sure they wouldn't allow for sale price refund exploits, it would be a huge oversight (read: Complete failure at foresight) >_>

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
I actually recall they did say that flash sales and dailies "weren't fair to people who couldn't be on when they happened," or something along those lines, but that doesn't seem like a viable excuse since I'm pretty sure they (and the devs of the games that go on sale for 85% off) aren't making that much less, if at all since more people are probably buying the game during these sales. And since there's no manufacturing cost on a digital platform, it means even more moola