Street fighter

BigBuda

Mayor of Earth
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Alabama
To be honest I can't think of an online game Ive played on launch that didn't have day one server issues. I was hoping for the best but mostly I just wanted to register my name and play a bit of the story, but you don't get exp or fight money if you aren't connected. Not a big deal, I'll play some tomorrow night.

Oreo

Keepin' It Stylish
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
D.M.V. FGC
I would be Hyped but I will wait until Capcom releases the MEGA SUPER ULTRA ULTIMATE DEFINITIVE (NO REALLY THIS TIME DEFINITIVE) EDITION version of the game.
You'll be waiting for a long time. They're not doing that this time. They're updating the game in seasons.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
Well, servers are down for some proper maintenance. Should be up in about 3 hours time.

Luckily, I got some uninterrupted training mode time, and am starting to compile a bunch of Karin setups!

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
After viewing some videos and reviews I may buy SFV for my PC, im just bummed they decided to alter the intro for cammy and the special move anim for Mika.

Wish they hadn't done that for the Jap version too as I would definitely import the Jap version if it was unaltered from what the videos in the beta show.

Patthecat

Oleander player~
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Southern California
If anyone would like to play SFV together with a fellow Fœnum inhabitant then add me on Steam, ID = "Patthecat" (or message me here if you play on PS4!).

Ambris

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Been playing SFV the last week. I'm just a bronze tier scrub (and I'm struggling to even hold that title) but I like game, and I'm trying to get better. My biggest problem is learning to not panic. I have a grasp on how to play well, but I tend to freak out and become uncoordinated against any aggressive skilled player.

Been focusing on Ken and Laura, and will eventually pick up Cammy.

If anyone would like to play SFV together with a fellow Fœnum inhabitant then add me on Steam, ID = "Patthecat" (or message me here if you play on PS4!).
I was looking to add you, but there are several "Patthecat"s or slight variations on the name. I just wanna make sure I get the right one.

BigBuda

Mayor of Earth
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Alabama
Been playing SFV the last week. I'm just a bronze tier scrub (and I'm struggling to even hold that title) but I like game, and I'm trying to get better. My biggest problem is learning to not panic. I have a grasp on how to play well, but I tend to freak out and become uncoordinated against any aggressive skilled player.
Only way to get past that is experience. If its your thing, look up youtube videos of people that give you trouble, Like a really aggressive nash, tutorials usually point out unsafe moves, and you can try punishing those with quick reversals or use a jab combo to break their momentum.

Reactions: Oreo and Ambris

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
May pick this up after all, will have to wait and see tho as with the limited options currently i dont think its a justifiable full price purchase for me just yet.

Patthecat

Oleander player~
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Southern California

Been focusing on Ken and Laura, and will eventually pick up Cammy.

I was looking to add you, but there are several "Patthecat"s or slight variations on the name. I just wanna make sure I get the right one.
Haha cool cool, my picture should be of a blue cat guy (the picture is tilted slightly). What's your steam ID, maybe I could add you instead.

Ambris

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Haha cool cool, my picture should be of a blue cat guy (the picture is tilted slightly). What's your steam ID, maybe I could add you instead.
Sent you an invite

Also here is my Steam Profile. If anyone wants to fight a Bronze Tier scrub go ahead and send me an invite: Steam Community :: Ambris

Send me a PM here too though, else I'm likely to ignore it as I do get a fair amount of blind invites

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
Really can't wait for more stuff to be released so I can justify the price, I am sure I will eventually get this game and it will be great.

Meanwhile still playing Ultra SF IV on my PC.

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Really can't wait for more stuff to be released so I can justify the price, I am sure I will eventually get this game and it will be great.

Meanwhile still playing Ultra SF IV on my PC.
I was lucky in the sense that I have like 5 people who play with me, so I bought it!

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
I was lucky in the sense that I have like 5 people who play with me, so I bought it!
That would justify it yes, however most of my friends play FPS games not fighting ones (I too am of the same bunch but SF is a game I do like) but unable to play with friends, and the current lack of content makes me have to wait till more content is released before I go on and invest in the game.