Street fighter

CrimsonPhoenix

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
With Street Fighter V just around the corner and this being a forum for a fighting game it would be a sin to not have this thread.

So who's hype for Street Fighter V?
Who are you going to main?
Who did you main in Ultra Street Fighter IV
How long have you played the series?

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
I'm planning on getting SFV. Honestly, I'm looking at picking up Fang.

I also mained Dudley in Ultra, considering he was the character I first started using when I started playing Third Strike.

MLP Triox

Try that on my Arizona!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
San Diego, CA
www.youtube.com
Nappy looking out for us! (Hi Nappy!)

I mained Juri in USF4 for 5 years. Got a TON of Juri content on my youtube channel (www.youtube.com/triox).

I'm going to be mailing Vega when SFV is released. Out of the current characters I thinks he fits me the most for how I played Juri (pretty lame and very grounded). When Juri is released as DLC I'll give her a serious try. Not going to say I'm committing to her without trying her out first (don't think I want to do the struggle of playing a bottom tier character again). At a minimum, she'll be an alt.

CrimsonPhoenix

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
But bottom tier mains are fun to watch especially when they cause upsets.

MLP Triox

Try that on my Arizona!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
San Diego, CA
www.youtube.com
The struggle was way to real back then. But it was my first FG trying to play competitively, so I was clueless. Honestly, I've only just now (at the end of USF4's life) felt like I can consider myself a competitive play, but not a pro player.

Patthecat

Oleander player~
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Southern California
Aww yeah, SFV on PC is the game that'll bring a lot of people together.

Going to main Necalli and in SFIV I mained Cody (both PC and 360). Looking forward to play some of you here to test out your skills for when TFH comes out ;D

Patthecat

Oleander player~
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Southern California
Get bopped Pat. Also Cody is really fun for some reas- hA HA!
I'm waiting patiently for Ibuki in SFV.
Shush you, my hayday is over in that game I admit it ;-;

SFV will be a different story though once more... (Also, glad you finally see how awesome Cody is~)

Changepony21

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Super Psyched! I've preordered the physical copy, purchased the season pass, and I've almost finished upgrading my fightstick. I'm thinking of maining Juri when she gets released, but until then I'll probably go back to playing Ryu.

Ultra Lucky Cat

Best Felyne Food Skill
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Honestly, I'm really hyped for Street Fighter V, I was always one version behind for SF4 despite catching the first SF4 on release. Hopefully I'll be able to stick to it a lot better this time. I'm planning on maining Karin, but both Ken and Birdie felt extremely fun when I had the chance to play them. Before that, I mained Cody wherever I could because HA HAH!

I was always ready to fight for real. :c

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
That Karin though. I have all of the tech lined up already, so please Capcom, don't take away my setups.

I know that as an SF4 Makoto main I am expected to play Laura, and I will. Karin will be the focus, Laura will be the counter-pick.

inthesto

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I want to like Street Fighter 5, I really do, but it just hasn't been fun to play. The game is just so dry, nothing works, and every new beta has been nothing but nerfs.

I'm probably going to buy it anyways because I'm an idiot, but the highest expectation I can set for it is "I'll hate it less than SF4"

Changepony21

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I want to like Street Fighter 5, I really do, but it just hasn't been fun to play. The game is just so dry, nothing works, and every new beta has been nothing but nerfs.

I'm probably going to buy it anyways because I'm an idiot, but the highest expectation I can set for it is "I'll hate it less than SF4"
A you playing a friend's copy?

inthesto

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
A friend sent me a beta key on PS4 so I could check it out for myself.

SF5 on the whole really just feels like an unending neutral game, where the penalty for making a mistake is... a combo that does 10 - 15% of your life? Yawn.

Changepony21

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
A friend sent me a beta key on PS4 so I could check it out for myself.

SF5 on the whole really just feels like an unending neutral game, where the penalty for making a mistake is... a combo that does 10 - 15% of your life? Yawn.
What Fighting games have you played and what do you think SFV could do to improve?

inthesto

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
What Fighting games have you played and what do you think SFV could do to improve?
I've played a lot of fighting games, but I've seriously played and entered tournaments for Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, and Street Fighter 4 (both vanilla and Super, I lost interest after that).

If Street Fighter 5 wants to improve, they need to increase damage, reduce pushback, increase throw range, decrease throw startup, undo all the option nerfs across the betas, not make tech rising so damn fast, ando make it so not everything leaves you at frame disadvantage on block.

The game looked so good at E3, and you'd never know that the current build comes AFTER what they demoed about 7 months ago.

Escalipse

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I am pretty hype for SFV. Have clocked +1500 hours in USFIV so far. Ryu/Evil Ryu/Cammy/Akuma/Abel are my picks. I am
definitely looking forward to seeing all the newcomers.

Munin

Killer Combo!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Bison and Karin are looking the most for to me right now. I'm pretty excited.

Geno

The Prince of Dragons
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Planning on play Gief, FANG, and Urien in SFV
Played T. Hawk in 4 and Ken in 3S, so I do have a little bit of a background.

Bluecoffeedog

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I am super excited for SFV!

I really enjoyed the betas, and I'm probably gonna be maining Cammy.

In IV I main Sakura....who is not in V TT 3 TT

fenster

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
If Street Fighter 5 wants to improve, they need to increase damage, reduce pushback, increase throw range, decrease throw startup, undo all the option nerfs across the betas, not make tech rising so damn fast, ando make it so not everything leaves you at frame disadvantage on block.
Also add "make fireballs good/scary again" to that list.

Changepony21

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I've played a lot of fighting games, but I've seriously played and entered tournaments for Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, and Street Fighter 4 (both vanilla and Super, I lost interest after that).

The game looked so good at E3, and you'd never know that the current build comes AFTER what they demoed about 7 months ago.
I'm disappointed to hear that, but I haven't played it yet so I'll withhold any judgement until I do so.

Sonson-Sensei

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Very excited for SF5, the 16th can't get here quick enough.

After the beta's I've decided to go in on Necalli and Mika, until Juri arrives.

In SF4 I played Makoto and Juri.

Senjin

Resident Musician
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Chicago
I get the feeling that when TFH starts letting us muck around in a beta you're going to be making a lot of suggestions...

Anyways, I have practically zero SF experience, but the "slow" pace of this game is actually really attracting my attention. That, and the fact that I have a chance to start playing the game before everyone becomes an absolute monster at it -_-

Cronnicossy

Fighter Enthusiast & Teacher
Backers' Beta Tester
Huh?
Damage is fine at the moment, especially since theres so many knockdowns and cross-ups-- the pressure is constantly on.
I play Karin though, so. Might just be me.

I think throw start up is fine, wake up throws are as viable as they are in SF3 3S. That is to say I hated them in 4.
Whats an Option nerf? If you mean option selects I don't think we'll need to worry.
Rising fast puts them at a disadvantage if the opponents ready to prepare a reset.
Jabs are safe. If everything else was safe I'm pretty sure wake up DP's would be constant, which would make every knockdown a guessing game, which isn't fun.

Your opinions to improve SF5 and my opinions of what SF5 does right are different, but we both can't deny the game isn't even out yet.
Yes, I don't think they'll actually do what you suggested but, SF5 has a style it's gonna stick with.

If you want all the things you listed try Skullgirls I guess. :confused:

PixelGrip94

Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm hyped for SFV. Don't know who I'll main in SFV, but in SFIV, I mostly mained Juri, with a bit of Cody, Abel, Adon, and Yang on the side.

xCROOKEDx

Strongest Bee in the World!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'll probably main Ryu simply because he's the closest to Oni - my main from USFIV.

SFV was a ton of fun to play online, which I can't really say about USFIV (or most fighting games, on that note). I'm an introvert, and not really up to going to/playing in locals, so the rollback netcode really boosted my enjoyment of the game.

PixelGrip94

Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hyped af! I hope we'll all play together in a lobby sometime after release!
That'd be fun. It'd have to wait until I gets the moolah to get the game though. I have a lot of other games on my plate to beat and I won't have any extra money for a while on account of bills.

Dat Shambler

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
So hype for SFV tomorrow (although, sadly, my fightstick broke, so I'll have to try and use keyboard for now).
I'll be maining Nash, without a shadow of a doubt. But I'll try out other characters, such as Ken and probably Alex when he comes out in March.

As for other games, I main Ken in USF4 (although I'm really terrible at USF4) and 3rd Strike, but I want to get to know and be comfortable with other characters, such as Dudley or Alex (3rd Strike).

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
I would be Hyped but I will wait until Capcom releases the MEGA SUPER ULTRA ULTIMATE DEFINITIVE (NO REALLY THIS TIME DEFINITIVE) EDITION version of the game.

BigBuda

Mayor of Earth
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Alabama
How bout dem servers boys?
I got my name, i think ill just call it a night, got an exam tomorrow anyway

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I kind of expected the server issues to happen. Luckily, I didn't plan on getting SFV right away anyways. The server issues in addition to the missing content has convinced me not to pick up the game till March. That's alright though, gives me plenty of time to finally obtain a fight stick before-hand.