Strangest Final Boss

Surrui

Them's Fightin' Dweeb
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Spain
www.youtube.com
I complete a lot of games in my life, but some final bosses are... well, strange XD

For me, one of the strangest are Mario. Yes, Mario. Mario from Nintendo.

And you think: "Mario is the hero! Not a Evil Boss".

Well... Mario was a "bad boy" on the Donkey Kong Jr for NES. He kidnaps Donkey Kong (WTH?) and placed him in a cage as punishment for kidnapping his girlfriend Pauline.

And he have a whip. LOL

Who was the strangest boss for you?

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I'll preempityely insert the one in Bioshock Infinite. Strange is one word for that antagonist. No spoilers, play it through.

Reactions: Surrui

Sir Wombat

Likes Background Orange
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
At the end of Final Fantasy IX, you have finally defeated Kuja in a very climactic battle and it seems like all is well. Then out of nowhere comes Necron, a big-ass monster with no foreshadowing or relevance to the plot whatsoever, and he's the true final boss. What the hell?

Reactions: Munin

Surrui

Them's Fightin' Dweeb
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Spain
www.youtube.com
At the end of Final Fantasy IX, you have finally defeated Kuja in a very climactic battle and it seems like all is well. Then out of nowhere comes Necron, a big-ass monster with no foreshadowing or relevance to the plot whatsoever, and he's the true final boss. What the hell?
Oh Necron... that bastard kick my ass so many times D_:

Sir Wombat

Likes Background Orange
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Oh Necron... that bastard kick my ass so many times D_:
Necron (and most enemies in the game) can be very easy if you have the cheap moves: Thievery, Dragon Crest, Frog Drop, Shock, which can all do guaranteed 9999 damage every time. Just add a healer to keep everyone else alive.

Surrui

Them's Fightin' Dweeb
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Spain
www.youtube.com
Necron (and most enemies in the game) can be very easy if you have the cheap moves: Thievery, Dragon Crest, Frog Drop, Shock, which can all do guaranteed 9999 damage every time. Just add a healer to keep everyone else alive.
I know but, as you say it... is so cheap play like this :S

Nadia

Feb 4, 2016
Germany
Right now I would say Photoshop Flowey from undertale, it looks so damn creepy if you see it for the first time.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Now that I think about it, the final boss of Tyrian was pretty weird as well. It is quite the WTF moment when you see it.
Vykromod, yeah I found the name.
I think the game is old enough to be free if you want to find out what am I talking about.

Barbaloot

Bringer of sorrow and also donuts.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wisconsin
Now that I think about it, the final boss of Tyrian was pretty weird as well. It is quite the WTF moment when you see it.
Vykromod, yeah I found the name.
I think the game is old enough to be free if you want to find out what am I talking about.
I remember all the other bosses in that game being pretty bad-ass looking too. Then here comes this Groucho Marx looking boss at the end. Wasn't even hard, just weird.

Paper Shadow

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wat.
Where.
When.
How.
Super Dimentio
Super Paper Mario
Basically, get a dimension-shifting jester, a entity of pure evil and chaos, and Luigi, and mix them up in a bowl and place in the oven at 180 degrees for 35 minutes...

Crym4x

What do you mean i can't use a bucket as a hat
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Canberra, Australia
I know this isn't really Final boss but all the bosses from The binding of Isaac can be considered strange

Gemini Shadows

Happy Happy Hippogriff
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
geminishadows.deviantart.com
Many of the final bosses from the Kirby series. A lot of the games have some strange eldritch abomination as the true final boss, sometimes out of nowhere.

I mean the games look and sound so cheery and lighthearted, but then suddenly something like Nightmare or 02 comes out of the woodwork at the last moment. It's rather jarring, but I find it quite wonderful.

Gemini Shadows

Happy Happy Hippogriff
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
geminishadows.deviantart.com
Seriously? They look so alike. Well.. When the Prime is in its 1st form it looks like the emperor ing before it becomes that creepy tentacle beast.
Yeah, they definitely have a similar theme and art direction to them. The first form of Metroid Prime is just a bit less tentacle-y than the Emperor Ing. It makes up for that in its second form though. ^_^

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
The final boss of Grandia II is really weird. After fighting the core and going through a boss rush, you face off with the main villain of the game, who becomes....a giant butterfly...moth...thing.

Also, the very final boss of a game called Tyrian is literally a spaceship made of fruit. What even.

Munin

Killer Combo!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
This. :bark::bark::bark::bark: Necron. Messed up the end to a damn good game.