Story Mode: K.O. doesn't always end game

Tribble

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Germany
It happens only very rarely I'm afraid, but sometimes when a predator K.O.s me in Story Mode, the game doesn't end. It just goes on as if I hadn't lost, and I've got some health left too. I'm not sure if there's a pattern to the health left—whether that's my health from before the fight, or whether that's got something to do with the health bonuses the lower difficulties get? I've been playing on Easy and Intermediate so far, and it happened in both.

I thought that one time it happened, it gave me the swirly eyes animation afterwards that I know from losing a match in the pixel lobby, but I wouldn't swear to it. When it just happened the other day, I got to walk away immediately without swirly eyes.

Brutus

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
I believe that, if you go into a predator fight with more than half your health bar and lose, it spits you out at the end with a smidge of health left and the predators disappear on purpose. That way, it's harder to get a gameover from a bad matchup outside of a boss/gauntlet fight.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
Yeah, there's a specific way the health loss stuff works on the overworld, and we're looking to put more info in for the players so they can see how it actually is functioning.

Reactions: Tribble