Splatoon

lunadash

Back to the Lab again
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Outside of Rein
I'm a tad surprised that no one made this thread yet.

Anyone around here plays Splatoon? we can have friendly team battles and stuff.

CountParadox

Is the answer to this question no?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kansas
Oh, I absolutely love Splatoon! But I haven't played it in weeks. XD

Gemini Shadows

Happy Happy Hippogriff
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
geminishadows.deviantart.com
I played Splatoon a lot in the first few months after launch, but I haven't really played it in a while.

I really should get back to it at some point, since it was a great deal of fun.

Joystick

P.A.B.S. Founder/Director
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 5, 2016
Pennsylvania
pabsproject.com
Me and my girlfriend still play it together. It's our favorite pass time xD

We call ourselves the Fresh Duo, she's the roller and I'm the marksman. Still going strong :D

DShou

Tianhuo is Best Longma
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
dshou.deviantart.com
I had fun playing it at a friend's house, and the inklings are so cute~

But - I don't own it myself yet :'v I'm not sure if I will 'cause I already beat the story mode and I'm not to great on long-term team multiplayer. At least not at 60$

CosmicDashie

Dank may-mays
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canadia
I DONT KNOW IF I'M A SQUID NOW OR A KID NOW

but really though, great game, need to play more of it. Really good take on the shooter genre, lots more fun and personality vs call of modern battlefield: Resurgance

Squid

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Really love this game. Finally finished the single player a few weeks ago and the last boss fight was so great.

Necroceine

One Fiery Birdie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Connecticut, USA
My only experience with the final boss was with the AGDQ speedrun, which was a lot of fun to watch. I've only gone through a few stages in single player myself.

lunadash

Back to the Lab again
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Outside of Rein
This coming up Friday anyone up for some friendly Team battles?

Were make the time later this week if we get people

CountParadox

Is the answer to this question no?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kansas
I would, but I sadly have work... I might be able to play a few rounds later, if anyone is interested.

Brokeneagle98

Computer Engineer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Pacific Northwest
I'd be interested in any regular teamplay this Friday. I just got Splatoon this last Wednesday, so I want to build up my skills a bit more before making the plunge into ranked battles.

lunadash

Back to the Lab again
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Outside of Rein
Idk what time zones everyone is but is 3 PM Eastern Time good for anyone?

please join the discord group so we can have team chat going and other fun stuff.

Discord

Last edited:

EpicBleye

Waifu Stealer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
your dreams.
Okay so I can't make it, something came up and I can't really reschedule. Sorry guys.

I will join the Discord group asap though.

Brokeneagle98

Computer Engineer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Pacific Northwest
Just had a great showing today from TFH on Splatoon. Just wanted to thank LunaDash for setting up the server so that we could communicate real-time, and also for generally leading the charge on doing this. Hopefully we'll have others join us in the future.

Reactions: Gemini Shadows

Whitetail

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 3, 2016
soundcloud.com
My only experience with the final boss was with the AGDQ speedrun, which was a lot of fun to watch. I've only gone through a few stages in single player myself.
It's worth playing through the single player though since there's a few weapons you can only unlock by finding the blueprints in single player, namely the Aerospray and Dynamo Roller

A88mph

Game Maker and Starship Captain.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
a88mph.itch.io
It was my Game of the Year last year. If anyone is interested, I know a funny comic for it called "Git Gud Nami" I've even seen the creators inkling and Miiverse posts in the city square from time to time.

AirSonance

"My heals are here for you!"
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Huh, I'm a little late to the party it seems. Missed the Friday game, apparently.

Mind posting the link to the Discord server Lunadash? All the previous Instant Invite links have expired.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
Just had a great showing today from TFH on Splatoon. Just wanted to thank LunaDash for setting up the server so that we could communicate real-time, and also for generally leading the charge on doing this. Hopefully we'll have others join us in the future.
I missed this game?
NOOOO!
Please add me Nintendo Network ID: rich.jammer

Brokeneagle98

Computer Engineer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Pacific Northwest
I missed this game?
NOOOO!
Please add me Nintendo Network ID: rich.jammer
You should also go to the Discord App where several of us hang out. Posting your NNID in the #NNID channel will help others add you as a friend in the future. Most of the conversations take place in the #general channel. I'll try to refresh the invite link below by editing my post every day, since it expires after 24 hours.
Discord (Good until Sat, Feb 27 @1830 EST).

Last edited:

Brokeneagle98

Computer Engineer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Pacific Northwest
Splatfest begins in just a few hours! It's Team Pokemon Red vs Team Pokemon Blue. Join several of us in the Discord App chat room (linked in the above post) and root for your team...

Ferettoko

Procrastinator at Large
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
So what weapons do you guys favor? :3

I mostly utilize, the regular Blaster (I like the disrupter), the paintbrush, the sploosh-o-matic, and occasionally the octobrush and orange n-zap.
It's been forever since I've used the rollers, and I'm not practiced in the snipers.(which is weird, I've been attracted to sniping games in the past....)

And what does your inking look like?

Whitetail

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 3, 2016
soundcloud.com
I started out favoring the Splatershot, but after playing for a while I tended to favor charger weapons in general. I'm still getting the hang of the E-litre since it's just such a tough weapon to get used to (snapping your shots really has done eons to improve my charger play though) so I normally just run with the Splatterscope or the New Squiffer (honestly the bubbler's never been a big fav of mine so I tended to prefer other special weapons, hence the new squiffer. Also I play on a tiny TV so the scope helps making aiming over distances more viable I know it cuts down your field of view a little (it does actually increase range juuuuust a little bit too so there is some practical use beyond the "git gud" aspect of non-scoped)) though the Bamboozler's a lot of fun to play even if it's not the most practical weapon (though it's pretty viscious when you get used to it, if your aim is good you can take people out really quickly - you only need to charge one shot, the second uncharged shot will take them out).

Honestly anymore I just cycle out most weapons because I have fun with all of them, my favs overall tend to be
-squiffer
-splash-o-matic
-dynamo roller (you die so much using this but it's so satisfying how powerful it is even if it's rather slow heh. I see most people tend to prefer the golden one but honestly I find the original more useful myself - it's got some ridiculous range already so the splat bombs don't really feel the most useful to me, and you can fill up the radar really quickly with it so it's a really nice support weapon. The inkstrike is generally not the most useful special weapon imo unless you're playing ranked)
-Hydra Splatling (this gun just feels made for me I absolutely love the most ridiculous heavy weaponry games let you have - the fact that it's got the range to take out even charger users is a nice bonus to it's BFG status)
-Blaster/Luna Blaster (I've found myself using blasters less and less lately but they're still super fun to go back to - you have to learn how to aim decently with them to get the most use but their 1 hit knock out is too satisfying to pass up on)
-Carbon Roller

But all in all what I really enjoy about Splatoon is how pretty much every weapon feels viable and fun to play in it's own way - even ones that don't fit my strategy well I still have fun using like the Inkbrush. Even the Sploosh-o-matic, notorious for being outranged by literally every weapon in the game, still feels fun to play and with the right strategy can dominate a game. Most games I feel you tend to fall into like.. one specific strategy and play style that best fit you but with Splatoon I have fun trying out all weapons even ones I don't normally use and figuring out their specific quirks and how to use them most effectively.

Reactions: Ferettoko

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
I tend to use the Aerospray MG and Aerospray AG depending on the stage and the Krak-On Roller for the Turf Wars. For other modes and sometimes Turf Wars I go with .52 Gal and .96 Gal and the Splattershot Pro.

From my weapons choices can you tell I haven't played this game in a while?

Reactions: Ferettoko

Necroceine

One Fiery Birdie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Connecticut, USA
I just tried Ranked Mode for the first time today and boy I wish I had played it sooner. Tower Control was so much more exciting moment to moment in every match than Turf War was, with everyone rushing to the same point on the map instead of spreading out all over it.

I played all the way through level 19 to reach 20, simultaneously making rank C+. I stopped there, but I'll probably start playing more frequently now that I've had a taste.

Verseal

May or may not be a Predator
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I don't know how I should feel about this, but I think I'm excited.