Speculation on the goat

Rick Sanchez

Feb 3, 2016
So, since they reached all their stretch goals, that means that not only is the goat going to end up in the final game, but the goat is going to have a personality and backstory as well. But the game devs have revealed very little about the character other than her ability to climb walls. We don't even know what she looks like.

I'm sorry if there was already a thread for this (if there was, I couldn't find it), but let's speculate on who the goat is.

I'm gonna assume she's from Switzerland or Sweden or something. But wait, they already did that with Velvet. Maybe Mongolia?

Last edited:

Solvandus

Chin Piece
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Leaked footage. These combos look monstrous.

Nah, but if I'm gonna' be real, I dunno' if the goat'll be male or female, but either way it'd be pretty cool if they had the oddly stoic and disciplined way of speaking, regularly reciting analogies and "a sharp mind can cut through any rock" sorta' stuff.

That being said, I'm pretty much alright with whichever way this goat goes when they're released :0

Rick Sanchez

Feb 3, 2016
Nah, but if I'm gonna' be real, I dunno' if the goat'll be male or female, but either way it'd be pretty cool if they had the oddly stoic and disciplined way of speaking, regularly reciting analogies and "a sharp mind can cut through any rock" sorta' stuff.
I'm pretty sure they confirmed the goat as female.

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
The Book of Lore prologue said that the Goats are from a place called "The Mountains" so I guess we can assume the goat character will be from there. I don't know this for certain, but I'm guessing the place will be mountainous.

Reactions: Queezeey

CrpCrwls

This dim light which falls from the stars...
Feb 6, 2016
Wonder if the goat is a relative of Fred's?
What if Fred IS the Goat?

More seriously I'm thinking the Goat might end up being a relative of the one who put the Predators in the Hold, you know, since goat can have bearb and I'm pretty sure there are goats around deserts...

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
Im very exited about this character, i am just trying to figure out what her fighting style would be.

EAiscool

The conversation starter
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 18, 2016
Im very exited about this character, i am just trying to figure out what her fighting style would be.
Literally the only thing we know about her is that she can climb walls. Most characters from other games that have wall climbs are speedy ninja types.

Nivek_Draco

I don't even care what my username means.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
'MURICA
So, since they reached all their stretch goals, that means that not only is the goat going to end up in the final game, but the goat is going to have a personality and backstory as well. But the game devs have revealed very little about the character other than her ability to climb walls. We don't even know what she looks like.

I'm sorry if there was already a thread for this (if there was, I couldn't find it), but let's speculate on who the goat is.

I'm gonna assume she's from Switzerland or Sweden or something. But wait, they already did that with Velvet. Maybe Mongolia?
It's Toriel. This needs to be canon.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Of which I was the one who suggested the name, given that if anything, goats in the Alps may have their own dutch names. Not to mention there was a 1974 anime about a girl named Heidi who befriended goats awhile living on a mountain, and a few books that were similar. I also think she should have a sonic echo attack that amplifies each time she 'yodels'.

Feb 22, 2016
I've been doing some research, and based on what I've read, it seems the two countries with the highest goat populations are China and India.

Based on just that, there's a chance that the Goat and her race might be Indian-based, since Tian already covers China.

I'm more than likely wrong, but it's something to think about.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I've been doing some research, and based on what I've read, it seems the two countries with the highest goat populations are China and India.

Based on just that, there's a chance that the Goat and her race might be Indian-based, since Tian already covers China.

I'm more than likely wrong, but it's something to think about.
Indian Goat. This sounds pretty cool actually.

Crayv

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hmm since male and female goats can both have beards I wonder if that would make them a bit like dwarves?

Last edited:
Reactions: OCisbestungulate

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Hmm since male and female goats can both have beards I wonder if that would make them a bit like dwarves?
The devs then give goat ambiguous name so we never actually know.

If the goat doesn't have a standing overhead where she just faints on the opponent I will be severely disappointed...
It could totally be a taunt that does damage.

Nivek_Draco

I don't even care what my username means.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
'MURICA
I want there to be a running gag where the goat would be mistaken as a male for having a beard. Also, I really agree to an earlier comment about the goat breaking her species' stereotype and being a complete goofball.

Reactions: OCisbestungulate

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
We really need a livestream with our beloved lady Faust, so we can gently whisper these ideas to her.

As for her attitude..... I'm not sure. The traditional goofball characters have a high chance of being just annoying instead of funny, and Paprika is already the comical character. I personally like her being that "Legendary unknown entity taht everyone is vary of challenging". Or, maybe mix the two and make her slightly insane, switching between personalities? It can even have an effect on her fighting style.

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
How about roshi from dragonball...very weak looking but going super muscles when he gets serious...and ya he should have shades like roshi...and he could be a teacher character in the tutorial...

edit: also like master roshi she can be very funny in so many ways even though shes some super good martial artist/ninja whatever they make her...

Last edited:

CrpCrwls

This dim light which falls from the stars...
Feb 6, 2016
Well the campaign's scretch goal's drawing represented the goat in a cave...