So who else here is planning on getting super good at this game?

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
I'm honestly hoping to try and get into competitive with TFH, since I've never actually gotten into the competitive side of any fighting game, i'm usually just a casual player.

Reactions: JetN

Ebvert

Mega-Absol Potential Molester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Neuquen, Argentina
I'll try to do my best, as i tend to analyze and perfectly understand the games I play, I hope that, and lots of practice, will put me somewhat high in the ranking ladder.
Planing on maiming Pom and Tianhuo.

Reactions: Gamerdude854

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
I'll try to do my best, as i tend to analyze and perfectly understand the games I play, I hope that, and lots of practice, will put me somewhat high in the ranking ladder.
Planing on maiming Pom and Tianhuo.
I am shocked and appalled that you would MAIM innocent bystanders! Have you no humanity!?

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Looks like a lot of us are in the same boat. I've played a number of other fighters in spurts, but it's never been one of my go-to genres, and I've only ever played against friends or AI. This will be the first one with a community that I'm involved in, so I intend to git gud.

Solvandus

Chin Piece
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I hope to... I've never been extremely dedicated in the competitive side of any fighting game yet.. =o=;;

I'll settle for "Can hold his own 50% of the time", though~

RePoisn

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 21, 2016
Definitely competitive. Been to a few (by 'a few' I mean two) local Smash 4 tourneys and tried a couple of online ones too, but other than Smash and RoA, I haven't really been competitive in the more 'traditional' fighting games like Street Fighter or even Skullgirls.

♥ Vanilla Cream Killy ♥

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Australia
I definitely want to get really good at the game, perhaps making it the first fighting game I'll ever play competitively; though I'm more concerned about having tournaments to be able to attend in the first place.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I definitely want to get really good at the game, perhaps making it the first fighting game I'll ever play competitively; though I'm more concerned about having tournaments to be able to attend in the first place.
Well, there's always online. Then again, perhaps Australia will discover the glory that is TFH, and it'll become a national sport.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
I shall make it a point to destroy each and every one of you, for the glory of Velvet!

That said, it will be my first real fighting game experience aside from the practice I am currently getting with Skullgirls and an ancient '95 Dos game called Xenophage :p

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
As long as its not too overaly complicated (pom though can remain complicated for those who want to use her) but the other 5...I think eventually I can get good at it...as long as it doesnt require quarter circle 2x for a super, or 360 motions too much as I have problems with it.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
We should keep this thread active. It is one thing to find casual people to play with as a beginner, it is harder to find someone to practice against for the long haul, who will keep up with you in skill. I know we have Fightin Foenatics, but this might be a good spot for a more specific category.

Oreo

Keepin' It Stylish
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
D.M.V. FGC
The only precedence I can really cite here is with Project M, people allowed the devs and testers to compete, so I wouldn't have a problem with you competing, but it would be up to the individual TO, I guess.
Well, I don't mean with the TO. I mean with Mane6. There's a precedent of MikeZ and other members of Lab Zero entering Skullgirls tournaments, but I know Combofiend and Haunts can't enter tournaments since they work for Capcom. So it just comes down to the personal opinions of the employers.

ILikeKirbys

Puffball Enthusiast
Feb 19, 2016
I'll try to get good at this game when it comes out, yeah. Probably just online, can't see myself actually going anywhere for a while.

I dunno about super good tho. I'm not that good at, well, anything.

Ethaes

Vesper Iris
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
ethaes.deviantart.com
To be perfectly honest, I've never been very good at fighting games, and they tend to get old/repetitive/boring pretty fast for me. (Except for Smash Bros, but that's a different style of fighting game.)
BUT, this game is different. I'm actually invested in the world, the characters, and the story. This is a fighting game that I want to get good at, so I plan to get a lot of practice in.

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
Well, I don't mean with the TO. I mean with Mane6. There's a precedent of MikeZ and other members of Lab Zero entering Skullgirls tournaments, but I know Combofiend and Haunts can't enter tournaments since they work for Capcom. So it just comes down to the personal opinions of the employers.
I think there was a case of someone leaving a company in order to compete at EVO on the game her worked in? I believe it was Killer Instinct but don't quote me on that.

As for myself? Sure, I'll try as much as is humanly possible with my schedule. (I'll show up to one gaming night I swear guise)

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I'm not very good at fighting games, but i'm planning on getting good at this game. maiming Oleander of course.
You too!? Why do certain people want to MAIM the characters that we know (Sort of) and love (Definitely.) I'll never understand you or Ebvert.
I mean, look at that mane. It's so maimable.

Nyxilis

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 22, 2016
I never really do competitive stuff to much with this but I do game with friends a lot and in that I usually do get fairly good at fighter games. I was pretty nasty at Melty Blood, and that is why I'm here almost more than ponies. >D

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm going to try to git gud at fighting games. I'm planning to practice during the summer.

Last edited:

Zekira Drake

Burrito's burritos
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
There's already a lot of fighting games I couldn't get good in to thanks to my horrible life situation right now (and I might not go to SEAM2016 after attending for 3 years straight :/), but hopefully things will change once this comes out.

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
I will try my best to become good or at least decent with Velvet, In the past I usually just picked whatever character and played so I never really put the time to master a fighter, that and I am more of and FPS player but I will try to become decent at this game.

EAiscool

The conversation starter
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 18, 2016
I sure hope I will. I'd like to think I'm pretty good at fighters, but it's hard to say when my opponents are mostly faceless randoms online. I've never really had the means to travel to any kind of event.

That said, where are my Arizona bros at?

Sly-Racoom

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Honesty I plan on getting good on a competitive level the game I was good at was sc2.

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
You too!? Why do certain people want to MAIM the characters that we know (Sort of) and love (Definitely.) I'll never understand you or Ebvert.
Well to be fair this is a fighting game, the characters are most likely going to get maimed at some point

Yeah I guess.
I just wanna make vids to help others out really.
Like tutorial videos on the characters?

Last edited by a moderator: