So who else here is planning on getting super good at this game?

crispyruffles

Addicted to Skullgirls til this comes out
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
What is considered competitively? I want to get great at this game; to the point that I will almost always win online, but probably not ever go to a tournament. Especially since tournaments usually bring out the elites that know ever single little detail about the game.

Reactions: Gamerdude854

Solario

Okay, I'm not really a big fighting game expert or major player, and have never played competitively. However, whether I choose to devote time to getting really good at this game will be contingent upon one thing: What platform(s) will it be coming out on? I'm sure this info is around, but I haven't actually noticed mentions of whether TFH is aimed to release just for PC or if it will get a console release.

My issue is that my laptop, while sufficient for basic internet use and simple, low-requirement games like Undertale, it can't run anything much heavier. I bought Darkest Dungeon on Steam and haven't been able to play it once because my graphics card can't process the game. I have also never played a fighting game on PC and have no idea how that would even work.

If this game gets released on PS4, fantastic; I already have one. If it comes out for the X-BONE or the WiiU, I'll buy one just so I can play TFH. If it's only gonna be on PC, though, that will be a problem for me...

Short answer here is, if I can actually play it, I'll do all I can to get good at it. Gotta wait to see the full cast's movesets, but I can already see myself shotgunning our lovely, icy reindeer for her stylish moves. I love characters that feel like they "flow".

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
I have also never played a fighting game on PC and have no idea how that would even work.
If you're talking about how it controls, there are lots of options. You can play on a keyboard just fine (one of the devs plays that way regularly) or you can connect a variety of controllers or arcade-style "fight sticks." I myself plan to try it with my 360 controller or perhaps a PS4 controller if I have the system by then. There have been jokes about playing it with a DDR mat and/or a Guitar Hero controller, which are both theoretically possible, and I will not be surprised to see a video of this happening at some point.

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Okay, I'm not really a big fighting game expert or major player, and have never played competitively. However, whether I choose to devote time to getting really good at this game will be contingent upon one thing: What platform(s) will it be coming out on? I'm sure this info is around, but I haven't actually noticed mentions of whether TFH is aimed to release just for PC or if it will get a console release.

My issue is that my laptop, while sufficient for basic internet use and simple, low-requirement games like Undertale, it can't run anything much heavier. I bought Darkest Dungeon on Steam and haven't been able to play it once because my graphics card can't process the game. I have also never played a fighting game on PC and have no idea how that would even work.

If this game gets released on PS4, fantastic; I already have one. If it comes out for the X-BONE or the WiiU, I'll buy one just so I can play TFH. If it's only gonna be on PC, though, that will be a problem for me...

Short answer here is, if I can actually play it, I'll do all I can to get good at it. Gotta wait to see the full cast's movesets, but I can already see myself shotgunning our lovely, icy reindeer for her stylish moves. I love characters that feel like they "flow".
Well we already know that the game will be released on all PC platforms, but when it comes to PS4, WiiU and XboxOne we will have to wait till the game gets released. Last work stream I asked about console Ports and the Mane 6 said ("confirmed") that they would consider a port if the PC release/sales would be successfull. Hope that answers you question. As for the success of the game look at my Post

CactusPearGamer

Sheep Dude
Banished to the Hold
Feb 4, 2016
Southeastern United States
I doubt that I would be super-invested into playing this game competitively, seeing how much time I've invested in gittin gud at Skullgirls. It really depends on how I'm doing when the game actually comes out, since I don't know if I'm going to like TFH or Skullgirls better, or if I just want a change of pace, or other unforeseen scenarios.

Solario

If you're talking about how it controls, there are lots of options. You can play on a keyboard just fine (one of the devs plays that way regularly) or you can connect a variety of controllers or arcade-style "fight sticks." I myself plan to try it with my 360 controller or perhaps a PS4 controller if I have the system by then. There have been jokes about playing it with a DDR mat and/or a Guitar Hero controller, which are both theoretically possible, and I will not be surprised to see a video of this happening at some point.
I hope it gets successfully ported to consoles. I'd hate to miss out on this game because I don't have the platform for it! I suppose I have been needing to get a real desktop PC for a while, but those are pretty expensive. If it turns out to be the only way to enjoy TFH, maybe it'll be the tipping point...

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
What is considered competitively? I want to get great at this game; to the point that I will almost always win online, but probably not ever go to a tournament. Especially since tournaments usually bring out the elites that know ever single little detail about the game.
I don't plan on going to a tournament level of good either, although I want to be able to do well against super good players online

JetN

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
North Carolina
I'm honestly hoping to try and get into competitive with TFH, since I've never actually gotten into the competitive side of any fighting game, i'm usually just a casual player.
this is probably the only fighting game that i am going to practice honestly