So how exactly would Paprika fight?

Baron_Von_Fringling

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 5, 2016
I don't know if this is going to be a huge part of her play-style, or how much it will affect the actual fighting, but I do hope she doesn't have too many attacks that can randomly become super powerful or anything. Maybe I'm thinking too much in terms of competitive instead of fun, but I always feel a little cheated when someone pulls a random move in a fighting game and they get a really lucky draw and win the game because of it.

Take smash bros. for example: Luigi's misfire, Peaches bombs/stitch faces and Mr Game & Watches 9 hammer - They all have the chance to pull out a randomly really powerful attack that can bring back someones game from almost totally losing situations. There's only a small chance to land them, but they can really change the outcome of a game.

On the other hand, random elements can be fun and make friendly matches a little more entertaining between friends.

I don't know if Paprika will have anything along these lines, but if she does, I hope it won't just make her that character people can use to beat anyone through chance.

Kioku

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I don't know if this is going to be a huge part of her play-style, or how much it will affect the actual fighting, but I do hope she doesn't have too many attacks that can randomly become super powerful or anything. Maybe I'm thinking too much in terms of competitive instead of fun, but I always feel a little cheated when someone pulls a random move in a fighting game and they get a really lucky draw and win the game because of it.

Take smash bros. for example: Luigi's misfire, Peaches bombs/stitch faces and Mr Game & Watches 9 hammer - They all have the chance to pull out a randomly really powerful attack that can bring back someones game from almost totally losing situations. There's only a small chance to land them, but they can really change the outcome of a game.

On the other hand, random elements can be fun and make friendly matches a little more entertaining between friends.

I don't know if Paprika will have anything along these lines, but if she does, I hope it won't just make her that character people can use to beat anyone through chance.
Brawl largely does that kind of thing because it's not a typical fighting game. It's to some extent a party game and is designed to be light and fun so all kinds of people can play it with their friends.

Baron_Von_Fringling

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 5, 2016
Brawl largely does that kind of thing because it's not a typical fighting game. It's to some extent a party game and is designed to be light and fun so all kinds of people can play it with their friends.
Yea, that's cool, and I love Brawl, it's one of my favourite games - I just hope TFH can get a good balance of both sides

Poppun

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 9, 2016
Well the semi-lethal hug is obvious, but Paprika actually has a lot of potential to have nods to her species' human world counterpart; Alpacas actually do fight off smaller predators by kicking them with their front legs and appearently some breeds will jump at them (which definitely seems fitting), some people will actually use them to guard more vulnerable livestock like Hens, Sheep and certain breeds of Goats

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
I see paprika fighting like the joker; not really throwing punches, but constantly pulling objects out of nowhere that she can use as a weapon.

18/NINE-TEEN

♫ ♪ Just Get On With It & Kill Me ♩ ♬
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Maybe some of the items that Paprika attacks you with such as items from the visual lobby could look like pixels? Also she could throw at you the sprites version of all the characters (including G.O.A.T playable Predators & future DLC characters, these could be added in at a later date) from the visual lobby at you and they could attack you in some way (Similar to Party Hoers using Gummy in "The Game That Must Not Be Named") .

I had a few ideas on what some of Paprika's supers could be.
Neat Ideas

Neat Ideas

Last edited:

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
I don't understand why that game should not be named. It gave us a better version of it :D and just like I posted in Mane6 Story thread(gonna post a copy here for those that can't see the backers room) there is no shame in seeing the past if the FAUSTED version is what we are gonna get
Let me fill this in for you :D.
They didn't exactly miraculously bounce back as you said. I would call it a series of very fortunate events(Yes it's a reference).
When I heard about the game or more specificaly when I helped it to be succesfully be crowdfunded I did a bit of digging. At the time of E3 in 2013 Fighting is Magic was probably the most anticipated game of the year since it was fan voted into E3. Which of course brought with it lots of attention from The Toy Company and others(In this case Lauren Faust and Lab Zero Games, developers of the Z Engine and SkullGirlz) hence the shut down by The Toy Company's C&D. Well at the time of this C&D the wheels of fate began turning, because the Mane 6 were also watched by others mentioned earlyer.
LZG were just in the process of crowdfunding their game and seeing what was happening to fellow game developers, they made a deal with them. They said to M6 that if they help promote their CF they will give M6 a licence for their zEngine but only if they reach a specific amount or higher which was around 700k for SG. In the mean time Lauren was also interested in FiM (game), she approched M6 and proposed that she would create OC characters and a new world if they were still willing to make the game.
With LZG's sucessfull crowdfund campaign they honored their word and gave M6 the licence to use zE to create their now new game with Lauren. After this came 2 years of learning the engine they were given and development of their first two characters Arizona and Velvet. All of this was done with only the free time of our, now favorite developers like Nappy, Cam, Leedin, Anu and all the others I can't really remember the name right now(I am so sorry :/).
And then came the cruical momemt October 2015 when the crowdfund started on IndieGoGo.
I stared following the campaign when there were only 10 days or so left and at the time I have to say it didn't look good for TFH.
But stream after stream it looked better, untill it looked like the funding just stopped, about 72 hours before the deadline. Here is when I descided to give my 2 bits so to speak and I have to say reading the lore at work and shivering that TFH might fail was nerve wracking. Soon the tension was so thick you could almost cut it with a knife. Of course the seemingly stopped funding made it even worse untill the pressure that was building exploded and the funds started flowing like a waterfall that broke through a dam.
In the end all that was left was the stretch goals and with the twitch plays TFH stream it was also reached.

I hoped this is what you were looking for. P.S. To Mane 6 if there was anything I missed or am mistaken about feel free to correct.
And here is the moral of the story and a "joke" I made about game development. When you get C&D'd and all hope is lost, just remeber to FAUST IT ;)