So, can Tianhuo wavedash? If she can, how do I do it?

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm pretty sure I saw someone (Oreo?) Wavedashing(Dashing, then cancelling lag with crouch) with Tian to get in and out quickly on the ground. I wasn't sure if it was a character thing or a Tian thing, and I couldn't replicate it in 30 minutes of trying. Anyone have an idea of what I'm talking about?

VRTheChamp

Backfund Crowder
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
I think it's a thing since I was able to cancel the forward dash with a crouch when I was trying. It seems to be universal and most useful on step style forward dashes like Oleander's. I'll see if I can make a short clip showcasing it.

Edit: Here's the video:

Last edited:

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I think it's a thing since I was able to cancel the forward dash with a crouch when I was trying. It seems to be universal and most useful on step style forward dashes like Oleander's. I'll see if I can make a short clip showcasing it.

Edit: Here's the video:

So, just tried it with 236/214 inputs and it seems to happen automatically. Gameplay feature? Cool. Because she ducks stuff while wavedashing, it might be a good approach option.

VRTheChamp

Backfund Crowder
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
So, just tried it with 236/214 inputs and it seems to happen automatically. Gameplay feature? Cool. Because she ducks stuff while wavedashing, it might be a good approach option.
With backdash, it seems you can't cancel it with a crouch but you can still buffer the input for another backdash.
For example, if you do 44 > 214 you'll get 2 backdashes. This seems universal aswell except for Velvet since she can crouch after a dash to slide like she's on ice.

Last edited: