Skylanders

A88mph

Game Maker and Starship Captain.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
a88mph.itch.io
My youngest brother got into the first one, but never went beyond that. Then my younger brother's former boss gave him her entire collection of 1st game Skylanders, so I think we have a full set, aside from rare re-skins, but i'm not sure.

The game was a neat distraction, though it wasn't my cup of tea. I did like that they got Patrick Warburton to voice a character. Plus they got Zim to play a Zim-like villain. How can you go wrong with that!?

Proxyvirus

That Dragonshy Person
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Austin, TX
I wonder what those bottom letters could be; cause I'm at a lost for words.

I luv that the Zim dood is Kaos as well it defiantly give him a more lovable character instead of a normal wimpy villain

ShadowLightMew

Shiny Pokémon hunter and trainer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
If Spyro, Cynder and other favorites get screen time then it may be a fun watch.

CrystalBlazier

Spirit of the Plains Backer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
www.youtube.com
They will be getting screentime alright. :)

Eric Rogers, Head Writer of Skylanders Academy, answered a LOT of fan questions on the upcoming show on his Twitter.

Last edited:

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Yay :) They owe us on Cynder since we never got the movie which was going to show more. I still curse Activision for cancelling it.

CrystalBlazier

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
www.youtube.com
Eric Rogers removed most of the tweets about Skylanders Academy that proved to be too spoilerific, including Cynder's appearance in Season 2.

CrystalBlazier

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
www.youtube.com
This is what we gathered from the tweets:

• The Skylanders Academy tv series is new and separate from the games with original stories, but is canon.
  • Kaos will be the main antagonist, along with the Doom Raiders.
  • There are 13 episodes written for Season 1
  • Network/Program has yet to be chosen, but when finalized, a teaser for Skylanders Academy will likely follow
  • Season 1 script is done
  • The show will air in Fall 2016
  • Story elements will be a mixture between Gravity Falls and Futurama with emotional moments
  • Each episode will be half hour
  • CGI animation will be Pixar-like
  • Spyro will be the star of the show, voiced by Justin Long
  • Cynder is set to appear in Season 2, with a planned story revolving around her
  • No word on Sparx the Dragonfly being in the show as of yet

Quid

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm liking the look of Penguin guy - maybe he has some ice moves to go with his blades, seeing as he's water element and all.

Another thing to note about that calendar is that Golden Queen's art is new. I wonder if she's returning for Sky16?

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
We can always count on CrystalBlazier to bring Skylanders news :) Great to stay up to date

Quid

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sounds exciting!

The story of Skylanders Imaginatiors takes place long ago when the Ancients used a mysterious power known as Mind Magic to create everything in Skylands. With it, they conjured into existence anything that they could imagine. However, they soon learned that in the wrong hands, it could be very dangerous, and so they sealed it away so that it could never be misused. After discovering this ancient secrete, Kaos has unleashed the power of Mind Magic into Skylands once again - and he is using it to create an unstoppable army of Doomlanders, the likes of which have never been seen! Now it's up to Portal Masters to create Skylanders Imaginators from their own imagination to stop Kaos and his evil Doomlanders before it is too late. And to help train them, Eon is sending the greatest mystic warriors of all time - the Senseis!
- The gimmick this time is the ability to create your own Skylander by mixing up powers, abilities, catchphrases, appearance and so on. The created 'Imaginators' can be stored in a figure called a Creation (or Imagination, I'm not 100% sure of the name) Crystal for use in other versions of the game.

- There's a Creation Crystal for each element, and each Crystal can hold one created Skylander at a time. They're about the same size as the traps.

- There will be 31 new characters: 20 Sensei figures and 11 Villain figures.

- Sensei figures are the new Giants/Trap Masters. Each Sensei has a weapon symbol on their base. I think there's around ten weapon types? They're about the size of a Giant figure.

- Villians have their own figures now, Golden Queen will be included in the starter pack.

- All old figures are playable, but there are no reposes this time around (getting conflicting info here. Not sure if there are core characters, either new or reposed). Traps do the same thing they did in SC.

- The main characters of the Skylanders Academy TV show will appear in the game as NPCs. You can still play as them if you have their figures.

EDIT: The embargo has lifted! Have a trailer:

Last edited:

CrystalBlazier

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
www.youtube.com
They've added Crash Bandicoot to Skylanders: Imaginators, who will also get a remastered versions of his first three games.

Backstory
A wormhole has opened in Skylands and the great Aku Aku appears! He has come to announce the once-in-two-decades Synchronization Celebration--a time when all of the worlds align perfectly. All the inhabitants of Wumpa Island are having a party and they want to invite the Skylanders. But with Kaos on a quest to take over Skylands using his army of Doomlanders, the Skylanders must focus on stopping his evil plans. Never one to shy away from danger, the legendary marsupial Crash Bandicoot leaps through the wormhole to join the Skylanders in the ultimate battle against Kaos!

Also, new details and Images on Skylanders Academy TV show have been revealed recently! It is being animated by the internationally acclaimed TeamTO studio in France. It will also be on Netflix in the Fall.

Reactions: Proxyvirus

Proxyvirus

That Dragonshy Person
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Austin, TX
Oooooo :eek: I luv crash~

Wonder what his skill branch would be like, hope one of them increases his spin attack.

CrystalBlazier

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
www.youtube.com
A lot of new content has since been revealed, including Dr. Neo Cortex being a playable Villain Sensei and a special Thumpin' Wumpa Island chapter you can get first with the PS3/PS4 Crash Edition Starter Pack (the level chapter itself will come later in Fall 2016 as a separate pack).

There is also Kaos figure (a clone of Kaos created by him) as a temporary preorder bonus for Skylanders: Imaginators.

List of Confirmed Senseis (SO FAR)

Kaos (Kaos, has all Battle Classes)
Dr. Neo Cortex (Tech, Sorcerer)
Dr. Krankcase (Tech, Quickshot)
Crash Bandicoot (Life, Brawler)
Ambush (Life, Knight)
Boom Bloom (Life, Ninja)
Chompy Mage (Life, Bazooker)
Ember (Fire, Sentinel)
Flarewolf (Fire, Bazooker)
Tae Kwon Crow (Fire, Ninja)
Tri-Tip (Earth, Smasher)
Barbella (Earth, Sentinel)
Golden Queen (Earth, Sorcerer)
Air Strike (Air, Brawler)
Bad Juju (Air, Swashbuckler)
Mysticat (Magic, Sorcerer)
Pain-Yatta (Magic, Smasher)
King-Pen (Water, Brawler)
Grave Clobber (Water)
Chopscotch (Undead, Smasher)
Pit Boss (Undead)
Wolfgang (Undead, Bowslinger)
Aurora (Light, Swashbuckler)
Starcast (Dark, Ninja)
Hood Sickle (Dark, Sentinel)

Crash Edition Starter Pack for the Playstation consoles. Crash Bandicoot and Dr. Cortex is playable on ALL PLATFORMS.

Reactions: Proxyvirus

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Got the dark edition box on release of Skylanders Imaginators but not playing yet since i need to finish Superchargers first. My 3DS games kept me from opening that box but i finally did. Has the series aired yet? Forgot when it was gonna start.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Is it true that Crash Bandicoot is Playstation exclusive? Watched the episodes and it's too bad that not all in game voices are there but not bad. It's an entertaining series so far.

CrystalBlazier

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
www.youtube.com
No, Crash and Cortex are playable on all consoles, but are only available in the PlayStation Crash starter pack and Wumpa islands adventure pack.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
So you can get Crash in a non starter pack, good to know. Now i will have to see where they sell it.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Is there any episodes of the Academy on YouTube as of yet? We're having issues with Netflix due to our cable getting all fuzzy and scrambled.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
I was expecting them to appear on kisscartoon honestly but i don't mind watching on Netflix. As for youtube, copyright strikes are becoming more frequent on series uploads.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
(binge-watches them all when the connection is good) Okay, aside from the occasional fuzziness, the show was pretty good. Could have needed a bit more Swap Force/SuperCharger stuff in it, as well as more characters to make up the student body (since most of the background characters were the hamster folk). And the fact Dan TDM had a role in it was also good, as well as the fanboy adoration of Crash.

ShadowLightMew

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Yeah, they should have given more characters screen time, still hoping on Cynder. Anyway when will Netflix release more episodes?