Skullgirls

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
A little late to the party.
Beowulf/Fukua/Big Band. Or Fukua/Big Band. Or Big Band. Depends on what I want.
But still, PC Master race blahblahblah Steam is free blahblahblah yeah.
BUT BIG BAND THO

Reactions: SubrosianDimitri

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I have skullgirls on my pc, but haven't really played it in a while. Nor have I bought any of the DLC characters. I guess I should probably get back into the game. Not sure when I'll be able to buy the DLC characters though.

Fizzxwizz

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
in the slim chance decap attack manages to get in tfh in some form or another the potential of me not playing the game will likely drop to single digit percentages.

Last edited:
Reactions: fenster

Oreo

Keepin' It Stylish
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
D.M.V. FGC
Hey @Oreo, are you going to CB? Do I get to hype you up in pools for your marvel play again this year?
I have absolutely no idea yet, tbh. I'm probably just gonna save up for EVO, since I actually plan on going this year and it's gonna be a pretty expensive trip.

NimbusArchon

Professional Lurker
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Robo-Fortune is a beam-spamming pain in the tuchus.
:3

I'm working towards a Robo-Fortune/Big Band team. I'm at the basic level of competence with RF, and I'm training with Big Band right now. I'm calling the team Robot Apocalypse.

fenster

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
in the slim chance decap attack manages to get in tfh in some form or another the potential of me not playing the game will likely drop to single digit percentages.
What if there is a parry character

Crono Flash

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Maryland, USA
I love this game so much I own it on Xbox360, PC, and PS4. I main Ms. Fortune, and Big Band. Because I always liked Catgirl characters (I main Taokaka in Blazblue), and Big Band for all the refs in his Dialog.

Swasfews

Mostly Quiet
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Skullgirls was the first fighting game I actually tried to get better at. Not to the extent of actually playing online though. I've been fine with just arcade mode for now. Peacock originally drew me to the game, but never really clicked. So over time I gradually moved to Painwheel with Squigly and Eliza also there usually.

I would also like to second whoever it was that said Big Band is just the worst.

Ferettoko

Procrastinator at Large
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I've got a focus on Eliza, but I've been trying to familiarize myself with Robofortune and Cerebella.

(it would be easier to get better if matchmaking was more compatible for novices... 'XP)

Zekira Drake

Burrito's burritos
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Started playing skullgirls a few months ago, but still really bad at it. 3rd world internet is not helping me improve, either. Though to be fair, I think what's really holding me back is my crap execution, and is usually one of the main reasons why I keep losing in my main fighting game too.

M.Fortune/Peacock/Filia

Franko

J.F. Rey Eyewear ᴷᵃᶻ ᴳᵉᵃʳ
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Picked up Skullgirls about 10 months ago and I absolutely fell in love with it. I've always been a Marvel guy at heart so once I saw MvC3's online mode start to die down I picked up Skullgirls and I haven't regretted it. I'm not super great (At least compared to most of the people I've fought on ranked, hoo boy Eliza) but I like to think I'm not too bad.
Beowulf/Fortune/Big Band main here, my Beowulf and Band are way better than my Fortune though (Airdash combos aaaaaaa).

Necroceine

One Fiery Birdie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Connecticut, USA
I just got Skullgirls after finding out there was such a good sale. Mostly so I can improve my fighting game skills before TFH is finished. Currently I'm using Peacock and Big Band. I managed to beat a friend who's pretty into fighting games a few hours after I started playing with Peacock, before really knowing anything about her. Now I'm fighting computers on the second highest difficulty and winning about half the time and I beat arcade and story with Peacock on normal. So I guess it's working, probably.

Rishmael

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
I just got Skullgirls after finding out there was such a good sale. Mostly so I can improve my fighting game skills before TFH is finished. Currently I'm using Peacock and Big Band. I managed to beat a friend who's pretty into fighting games a few hours after I started playing with Peacock, before really knowing anything about her. Now I'm fighting computers on the second highest difficulty and winning about half the time and I beat arcade and story with Peacock on normal. So I guess it's working, probably.
Did you play the tutorial? It's super helpful not just for SG but also for fundamentals across most fighting games. If you have just carry on as you were, glad you picked up SG.

Moon Drops

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
I'm a Bella/Fortune or Bella/Robo player.

I don't practice enough for this game considering how much I like it...

Oh well, at least I'm good enough to get by and win fun shirts at mini-tournaments.

Reactions: Stridershy

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
I'm a Bella/Fortune or Bella/Robo player.

I don't practice enough for this game considering how much I like it...

Oh well, at least I'm good enough to get by and win fun shirts at mini-tournaments.
I know that feeling. I've won two tournaments in a row between two different games, and won a total collective 50 dollars in gamestop gift cards.

AsiagoUnicorn

The Best at Being Okay
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
So I'm in the boat of, I don't know what my skill level at this game is and that makes it really awkward to join lobbies. I can beat the hardest CPU's, but judging by what I've seen that's not much of an accomplishment. I win sometimes in Quick Match too, but that could just be me getting matched with a newbie.

Muro

Fight me in Skullgirls
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Poland
steamcommunity.com
I win sometimes in Quick Match too, but that could just be me getting matched with a newbie.
If it's helpful, if you're unsure how new/seasoned your opponent was, you can look up how many in-game hours he has after the match.
While in the game press Shift+Tab -> View Players -> Profile to check out his Steam page. Also useful for adding to friends and such.

Necroceine

One Fiery Birdie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Connecticut, USA
Did you play the tutorial? It's super helpful not just for SG but also for fundamentals across most fighting games. If you have just carry on as you were, glad you picked up SG.
Yes I did the tutorial after getting stomped by the computer in story mode. The friend noticed me playing and wanted me to fight them in the middle of me going through the lessons. So I did.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
Yes I did the tutorial after getting stomped by the computer in story mode. The friend noticed me playing and wanted me to fight them in the middle of me going through the lessons. So I did.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who got stomped by the story mode. Managed to finish one story mode by putting the difficulty to Cakewalk. Although I haven't played the tutorial yet.

fenster

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm glad I'm not the only one who got stomped by the story mode. Managed to finish one story mode by putting the difficulty to Cakewalk. Although I haven't played the tutorial yet.
You should *really* play the tutorial, full stop. It's one of the best tutorials in fighting games right now (up there with Guilty Gear Xrd and KI) and is widely praised.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
You should *really* play the tutorial, full stop. It's one of the best tutorials in fighting games right now (up there with Guilty Gear Xrd and KI) and is widely praised.
Heh, I remember playing the demo of Skullgirls on PS3 before the game released. I wish it had some sort of tutorial back then. Cause me and my bro had such a hard time even fighting the first character that it almost put us off Skullgirls forever. And my bro plays some fighting games like Battle Fantasia, Arcana Heart 3, Blazblue etc.

Yes. YES! I will definitely play the tutorial.

crispyruffles

Addicted to Skullgirls til this comes out
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Completing the tutorial not only helps you learn the fundamentals, but also helps you find out what characters you're comparable with. I'm finally settling on Filia/Cerebella/Peacock.

Dat Shambler

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Yup, the tutorial is some great stuff.

Anyway... yo. Big Band/Eliza/Painwheel main here.

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
I used to play a lot. It got to the point where I was beating the hardest level computers with ease until I got to the boss.
But that was before any DLC characters except for squig.
I usually play Ms. Fortune and Valentine, but now I like robo fortune. I can't believe nobody has even mentioned her RD5000 coloring
JOKES.png

Reactions: Tox

BDNation

you wot m8?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I NEED THAT PSVITA PORT COME ON SONY SUBMIT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!! (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

(Something Original)

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
They're making a Vita port for the game? Next thing you know, we'll be seeing TF2 on the 3DS.

But, it's natural. It's a cheaper means of profit for the producers, and it somewhat helps the business for the dying console. The fact that there are 12 3DS commercials for every 0 Vita ones implies that there's more success around the former. That being said, they seemed to nail the feeling of Super Smash Bros on a portable device, so I'd assume it'll be quite possible for Lab Zero to do the same.

BDNation

you wot m8?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
They're making a Vita port for the game? Next thing you know, we'll be seeing TF2 on the 3DS.

But, it's natural. It's a cheaper means of profit for the producers, and it somewhat helps the business for the dying console. The fact that there are 12 3DS commercials for every 0 Vita ones implies that there's more success around the former. That being said, they seemed to nail the feeling of Super Smash Bros on a portable device, so I'd assume it'll be quite possible for Lab Zero to do the same.
Weird they still didn't gave 2nd encore a wii u port guess mike's not a big fan or something.

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
Weird they still didn't gave 2nd encore a wii u port guess mike's not a big fan or something.
I don't really think Nintendo has been much of a supporter of fighting games like Skullgirls. There are quite a few fighting games that never made it to a Nintendo console.
Also, could you imagine playing it with a Wii remote?

BDNation

you wot m8?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I don't really think Nintendo has been much of a supporter of fighting games like Skullgirls. There are quite a few fighting games that never made it to a Nintendo console.
Also, could you imagine playing it with a Wii remote?
True, that also kills their reputation.
Nintendo hasn't really been doing much to want to appeal to real gamers anyway.
Am hoping the next console their working on right now might fix that.

fenster

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Gonna Nip the Wii U discussion in the bud. Here is Mike Z's post on the subject.

Lab Zero is doing a Vita port because Sony put up money for PS4/Vita and Lab Zero thought that it was possible (though Vita port has been an increasing headache in retrospect).

They aren't doing a Wii U port because no publisher thinks it's a worthwhile attempt to throw money for the port due to the state of the Wii U being poor from a 3rd party perspective.

(Something Original)

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
It's difficult to work with Nintendo, no doubt, since they're one of the more successful companies in the industry. It's more of appealing to them with your product, since they aren't the ones with the real need. That, and they really don't have what they need.

Microsoft is taboo as is...

SONY is more appealing in all aspects, really. Lower groups have better chances with them from personal viewing. I may be wrong, but Skullgirls 2nd Encore supports that, at the very least.

18/NINE-TEEN

♫ ♪ Just Get On With It & Kill Me ♩ ♬
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I got the Skullgirls demo & all the free DLCs (Palette & Characters) for my XBox 360. Just waiting for Microsoft do some type of sale on this game. I thought a Skullgirls sale on the 360 would happen before LabZero would bring out the PS Vita port & then working on online lobby for XB360/XB1.

I've got the DRM-Free version of Skullgirls, the Steam version + all DLCs (Palette & Characters), the Deponia trilogy & a bunch of other games (all DRM-Free & Steam versions ) from Humble Bundle Indie15 deal last year. I play the DRM-Free version of the game on my PC & Laptop. I haven't installed the Steam version yet.
Funny thing, one of my Steam friends recently bought the Skullgirls game + Pack 2 & gave it to me as gift. I appreciated the gift, but thought the best thing to do is tell the person I've already got the game, ask them if they want me to give the game back them & pass it on to someone that hasn't got the game, which i did.

Just wish Xbox 360/XB1 could have got some Skullgirls 2nd Encore Avatars & some premium themes.

I'll have to practice a bit more on Skullgirls, Darkstalkers Resurrection/ Chronicle The Chaos Tower, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus, Tatsunoko vs Capcom & a few other fighting games.

Last edited:

EAiscool

The conversation starter
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 18, 2016
Woah hey. I recognize some of the names in here from random quick matches. I seem to have conveniently forgotten which of you were the ones that kept me trapped in the corner until death though. Very convenient.

Also Muro, and his infinite helpfulness.

(Something Original)

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Woah hey. I recognize some of the names in here from random quick matches. I seem to have conveniently forgotten which of you were the ones that kept me trapped in the corner until death though. Very convenient.

Also Muro, and his infinite helpfulness.
I would probably sparred with you sometime over the Internet if it weren't for my friend Ping saying I couldn't play online at all.