Skullgirls

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Aw man I am so with you there. I want so many of the potential DLC characters to exist.
Why is Sniper 13 there? I thought she got axed by some NDA stuff. I also think that SG would be even more popular with another six characters in addition to what we've got now.

baxdab

Totally a backer guys
Jun 25, 2016
baxbound.tumblr.com
Why is Sniper 13 there? I thought she got axed by some NDA stuff. I also think that SG would be even more popular with another six characters in addition to what we've got now.
I didn't know about sniper 13, but I would love more characters for skullgirls. I believe Lab Zero is planning on announcing stuff about indivisible and the future of skullgirls at Anime Expo though. I got an indiegogo notification about it a while ago.

fenster

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Anime Expo presentation was most likely going to just be Indivisible with very low chance of anything new for SG. Mike Z might be working on SG right now to fix lobbies and some last minute change stuff, but there is less than a 3% chance they are going to work on any additional Bog content for SG like characters. By this point, anything big like that would just be saved for an SG2, which they don't even seem to want to think about till after Indivisible.

fenster

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Well actually I just heard from a kind of close source thay there is is Skullgirls news? So now IDK, I hope we aren't both disappointed now ;~;

baxdab

Totally a backer guys
Jun 25, 2016
baxbound.tumblr.com
Well actually I just heard from a kind of close source thay there is is Skullgirls news? So now IDK, I hope we aren't both disappointed now ;~;
I don't feel like "all aboard the hype train" would be an appropriate response, it feels more like a hype rollercoaster to me rn

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I don't feel like "all aboard the hype train" would be an appropriate response, it feels more like a hype rollercoaster to me rn
At least it's better than Sakurai's Wild Ride.

Reactions: baxdab

neopokekun

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
Skullgirls mobile game (IOS, Android), developed by Hidden Variable Studios (Threes!) along with Lab Zero. Story acts as a prequel, you can sign up for a beta here.

Peter Bartholow (Ravidrath) from Lab Zero has been answering questions about the game in this NeoGaf thread.

Last edited:

V.A.a.M.P.P

The Man that had a plan but forgot it
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Great Unknown in Texas
So I just started playin skullgirls recently because of the steam sale and it's really fun but I was a little bummed out that the story mode was so short, me personally, was expecting a bigger story, but overall still fun

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
I tend to like characters who have speed and maneuverability, so Mrs. Fortune is an obvious choice. Oddly enough though I tend to play my best as Parasoul and Valentine in a two person team.

18/NINE-TEEN

♫ ♪ Just Get On With It & Kill Me ♩ ♬
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
If I'm lucky enough to get the Skullgirls Mobile beta I won't be able to play it anytime soon as it's not compatable with Microsoft Lumia phones (yet). Here's hoping that Skullgirls Mobile will get ported to Microsoft Lumia mobile phones in the future.
An Indivisible mobile phone game would be cool to play &/or unlocking an Indivisible character/fighter in the Skullgirls Mobile game.

I want to see a new Darkstalkers/ Night Warriors game on mobile phones.

Them's Fighitin' Herds mobile game could be intresting to see in the future (Something for the Neat Idea section).The game can be a mixture of fighting and music/ rhythm games with the Dynamic Music System. You could for example be tapping the screen trying to get Arizona to head bangiat &/or doing different lasso tricks the right time to the different beats and when you/she getts better the Dynamic Music System start to change to Arizona theme? The better you get the more harder lasso tricks Arizona does.
Different nice things (magic spells: Flowers, confetti, ect) could pop out Oleander book when she reading new magic spells/flipping through the books pages and she doing good in the music/ rhythm games but when she does bad in the game by reciting the wrong spells, Fred might throw a cream pie in Oleander's face, startled her with somthing or even worse Fred could give Oleander the claw/ Clawpalm, like he did with Arizona
or maybe Fred & Oleander turn into weird & funny things when she
recites the wrong spells.
There might have to be some type of animations of this with different outcomes you can unlock in them. Fred will use the unique things that he has in his book and give it to the individual character [including playable DLC & preditors characters] &/or uses it on them.

Each character will have their own unique animation when tapping the screen to the beat playing. There will be an animation for each playable character when their doing good, ok, not bad, bad very bad and excellent.
Mane6 advertisiing campaign could be "Stampeding on the Go with Them's Fighitin' Herds mobile game" or "Stampeding on to your mobile Them's Fightin' Herds" Them's Fightin' Herds Go(es) Mobile.

Last edited:

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
One man, One Band, Big Band!!!

Well I just bought the game yesterday and I have to say I love it. Love the big man with the phat beats, he has that rythm I can dance to. That special
So yeah yesterday we had a bash, crashing and beating the fightsticks out of eachother and it was really fun

Reactions: Tox

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
One man, One Band, Big Band!!!

Well I just bought the game yesterday and I have to say I love it. Love the big man with the phat beats, he has that rythm I can dance to. That special
So yeah yesterday we had a bash, crashing and beating the fightsticks out of eachother and it was really fun
Beating the TFH fightsticks out of each other.

You only had like 60 minutes experience and our matches were close. Me thinks you'll be dominating me in no time.

18/NINE-TEEN

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Please no. That'd be like the pachinko machine of FGs. It would just solidify we'd never get another real Darkstalkers.
With the way things are going at Capcom Darkstalkers Resurrection, Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower &/or a new Darkstalkers/ Night Warriors (physical & digital) game on consoles, PC &/or mobile phones wont ever happen, but............

NeoTensai

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Beating the TFH fightsticks out of each other.

You only had like 60 minutes experience and our matches were close. Me thinks you'll be dominating me in no time.
Well here is the thing. First stop cheeseing. You can't learn if you constantly spam just one annoyning attack, sure its safe vs. Big Band and you will win sometimes but once someone learns to counter that move he will punish you badly then you will not know how to fight them close range

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
Well here is the thing. First stop cheeseing. You can't learn if you constantly spam just one annoyning attack, sure its safe vs. Big Band and you will win sometimes but once someone learns to counter that move he will punish you badly then you will not know how to fight them close range
I know I stink.
But I'm just happy I got some temporary sweet sweet revenge for those SF V matches. You know when you used what's his name? The turbulent wind guy who I forget the name.

NeoTensai

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
I know I stink.
But I'm just happy I got some temporary sweet sweet revenge for those SF V matches. You know when you used what's his name? The turbulent wind guy who I forget the name.
I guess I ll have to show you the way of the YOLO RASHID some more so you will finally remeber the name :p

18/NINE-TEEN

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
For any Skullgirls 2nd Encore fans here check out Limited Run Games for the limited edition physical Skullgirls game on PS$ & PS Vita. You have two weeks from today to pre-order the game. If we hit over $10K Lab Zero will add Japanese voice over to the digtal & physical version of the game.

Limited Run Games
Games

I hope Limited Run Games would do a limited edition of Darkstalkers Resurrection [http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Darkstalkers-Resurrection/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841122f ], Scott Pilgrim Vs The World: The Game [SCOTT PILGRIM THE GAME] & Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World [http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Sega-Vintage-Collection-Monster-World/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b72?cid ] on PC, XBox 360, Xbox 1, PS3 & PS4.
It seem that [close minded] Microsoft don't do small runs/units on thier games, so Limited Run Games don't make physical version of their products on Xbox 360 &/or XBox 1 systems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ultra Lucky Cat

18/NINE-TEEN

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Orders for the limited physical edition of Skullgirls 2nd Encore for PS4 & PS Vita will close tonight at 11:59PM Eastern Time. There are count down timemer on the products page for when the pre-orders closes.
Limited Run Games are also posting tweets on Twitter on how close we are to reaching the Japanes voice overs for Skullgirls 2nd Encore.

I think they need to sell around 500 more copies and they will hit the 10K target to get Japanese Voice Overs in the physical & digital version of this game.

I bought one of each version of the game [PS4 & PS Vita] rather than the $74.99 bundle as I get two Skullgirls soundtracks for the extra $5 and pay an additional extra $7 for heavier international delivery [international delivery for the $74.99 bundle or for items depending on how heavy they are is $15 ].

I think we got the Japanese voice over for Skullgirls 2nd Encore in the bag.

[Edit] We hit 10K, so we will be getting Japanese voice overs in Skullgirls 2nd Encore [physical & digital versions].

Games

Limited Run Games (@LimitedRunGames) | Twitter

Security Check Required

[Edit No.2]

Limited Run Games will be selling their leftover stocks {PS4 games, PS Vita games & soundtracks] for Black Friday [All items will be limited to one per customer unless otherwise specified. Those limits will be lifted at 12PM on the 25th]. They will also be auctioning some of the games that have been returned/ opened and they will be doing some blind boxs on some of their past games.
This will not include pre-order games like Skullgirls.
I think Lab Zero may sell the physical version of Skullgirls on the PS4 & PSVita in the future.

Limited Run Games news
Limited Run Black Friday 2016 Plans

Bid for Limited Run Games
Limited Run Games • View topic - Black Friday Open Box Auction

Last edited:

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
Ms. Fortune is, hands down, my favourite :)

Top 5:
1) Ms. Fortune
2) Squigly
3) Painwheel
4) Big Band
5) Valentine (but i don't like her as a person)

Last edited:

SunnySideUp64

Wants to hug all the floofy things
Crowdfund Backer
Jan 21, 2017
Howdy. Thought I'd pop in here.

My team right now is Peacock/Ms Fortune. Still looking for the third one. And then how I want to arrange them.

Any tips for this nooblet? XD

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com

My team right now is Peacock/Ms Fortune. Still looking for the third one. And then how I want to arrange them.

That is strong team. Good balance.
Ms Fortune is my favourite ^.^ imo she can be teamed up with just about anyone else and be perfectly complimentary. The real consideration will be Peacock, as she is a keep-away fighter and will work better with some over others.

If you can get used to her moves, Parasoul could be a rock solid support for Peacock, as Parasoul is a zone fighter and can keep your opponent trapped at bay with her napalm attacks. Plus, her standard close-quarter game is pretty decent (albeit a bit on the slow side).
Or, you could try Robo-Fortune, her laser attacks are annoying as hell and work similarly to peacocks 'Bang' moves. As well as most of her moveset is geared towards keeping opponents away and/or juggled.
Alternatively, you could try using Valentine. She is one of the fastest/most mobile characters in the game and she plays fairly similarly to Ms Fortune too. She can close or create distances very easily with moves like Savage Bypass, and Vial Harzard is nasty in multiplayer.
I think Squigly might work well with Peacock. Peacock is a keep away fighter and Squigly has a lot of pulling moves. So you could reel em in with Squigly and then bounce em back with peacock. Plus, Squigly is just fkn lovely :)

As for arrangement, I usually lead with my strongest to wear em down so the job is easier for when I switch to the one I'm not as good at or still getting the hang of, plus it means my primary will have healed and be ready to finish the job if things go south.

Of course, don't take my word for it. Explore the game :) Play around with everyone and see who sticks.

Last edited:

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016

I don't know how relevant my info is in SG+, but I would recommend Peacock in the lead with George light assist or shadow assist. Put Big Band second with heavy Brass assist, and Miss Fortune anchor, in the last slot, probably with heavy Fiber assist. Miss Fortune is good with meter and is strong on her own, and Peacock is really good with a spacing assist and an anti-air assist, namely heavy Brass and heavy Fiber. They nerfed heavy Brass recently, but it still fills a huge amount of screen. You could also try heavy Giant Step, but it's all about what feels right.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
Can't believe I didn't mention Big Band O_O *facepalm*

Big Band is a great choice. He's ridiculously strong, (relatively) easy to use and excels across distances. Defs try Big Band

SunnySideUp64

Crowdfund Backer
Jan 21, 2017
I don't know how relevant my info is in SG+, but I would recommend Peacock in the lead with George light assist or shadow assist. Put Big Band second with heavy Brass assist, and Miss Fortune anchor, in the last slot, probably with heavy Fiber assist. Miss Fortune is good with meter and is strong on her own, and Peacock is really good with a spacing assist and an anti-air assist, namely heavy Brass and heavy Fiber. They nerfed heavy Brass recently, but it still fills a huge amount of screen. You could also try heavy Giant Step, but it's all about what feels right.
Ah, nice suggestion. I'll have to give the big guy a try. Hopefully I can figure out how to do his taunt. XD

Crym4x

What do you mean i can't use a bucket as a hat
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Canberra, Australia
when i read the team match ups above , i realise how different i am to how others play o3o, i normally main ms. fortune and just spam the random button for everything else XD, win rate is about 70% (from estimation on thoughts) but if i had to make a team it would be Ms. Fortune, Valentine and Beowulf for me, that team just feels right idk why but it does :3

SunnySideUp64

Crowdfund Backer
Jan 21, 2017
Well, I gave Peacock/Ms Fortune/Big Band a try. It works ok, I'm just not entirely satisfied with it. Guess it's time to look at what other characters I like using.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
Well, I gave Peacock/Ms Fortune/Big Band a try. It works ok, I'm just not entirely satisfied with it. Guess it's time to look at what other characters I like using.
Have you tried using Filia? She's a great rushdown character. With moves like Hairball, ringlet spike and s.HK, she'd be good with peacock and nadia

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
To
be fair, you don't need a third character. I don't. I just use Beowulf point(heavy chair throw) and Fukua anchor(heavy drill). If you are gonna use just two characters, use Peacock anchor with light George and Fortune point with heavy Fiber. It's still a good team.

SunnySideUp64

Crowdfund Backer
Jan 21, 2017
To

be fair, you don't need a third character. I don't. I just use Beowulf point(heavy chair throw) and Fukua anchor(heavy drill). If you are gonna use just two characters, use Peacock anchor with light George and Fortune point with heavy Fiber. It's still a good team.
Heh, you're probably right. I am trying to be fair here. I know for a fact Peacock is who I want to lead with. I'm just not sure who goes well with her.

Moon Drops

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Personally, I'd recommend going hard and learning the ins and outs of one character, then when you have them down pat, try others and try to figure out what compliments your play-style...
Or... you could go with the infamous Peacock+Double for an obnoxious keep-away game that crumbles when someone gets close.
(Disclaimer: It's possible to become capable with this comp. just most people who use it don't seem to bother.)

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
Please, if you want anyone to take you seriously in multiplayer, don't use Peacock with Double XD
#canttouchdis
Who wants to be taken seriously in Skullgirls? whenever I played online (notice the past tense) I got a lot of trolls playing Peacock and a lot of trolls playing Big Band.