Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Can I suggest the following:

Pom = Aphid with ants as her protectors
Tianhuo = Praying Mantis
Arizona = a brown beetle
Oleander = Rhino beetle
Paprika = one of those fluffy jumping spiders
Now I want to see Spider Velvet face off against Rhino Beetle Oleander. Anyone have time to try that?

Also I had a whopping 1 vote in my poll and Paprika was victorious! I did a quick pencil sketch earlier today. I will send that later along with a few more on my tablet. (For better quality)

Last edited:
Reactions: Avering

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016

Started as just Velvet but was tempted to draw a simple Oleander too.

Edit: Added Color Version

(Critiquing is always helpful as well. I want to definitely improve)
So you finnily drew the best ungulate hmmmmmm?

SSGuy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016

Requests and a bonus Oleander. (My horse faces are kind of crap so I tried doing different things with them)

The Oleander pose is based on one found in @zigorsun's art thread. I thought it was a great reference overall and helped with understanding how her hairline works.

Advice is always welcome as well as any ideas/requests you might want to see.

Edit: Adjusted to take off anything not relating to TFH.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
If that is the case, I can remove the following from OP.

Sorry about that.

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
What this guy said.
What these guys said, let's not get too off topic with this! ^
What this guy, guy, guy said, lets all get in to the "what that guy said" train :l
So tempted to give y'all a 3 days ban for smartassery now.

You're getting off with a warning this time. The proper response to thread derailment is most definitely not to derail it further.

By the way,

I think pastel horses themselves are allowed, just the old game related stuff is not. As long as your picture is still TFH based you should be okay. Worst case scenario, you ask before you post.
That is a correct answer. We like our fanbase being creative, but if it starts getting too offtopic, we might do a bit of spring cleaning on threads. Generally, so long you don't make it a constant barrage of off-topic art, we're cool with the ocassional non-TFH post here and there.

Requests and a bonus Oleander.
Nice art, too!

Oh, and,

Horse old game is not allowed*
If you need to change something minor in your post (such as typo fixing or inserting missed quotes you're replying to), please use the edit button in the lower left of your post instead of deleting and remaking a mostly identical one. It leaves hidden duplicates visible to moderators that make it hard to police the threads. Thanks.

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
It's about time I posted something I've done in this thread again.
Fred-Tentacles-Sketch_small.gif
So, I drew Fred. I thought about the other things I did and decided that I should have gone with something a bit easier and I came up with the idea of this, because you can't have Cthulu style demons without tentacles.
There are surprisingly little images of the Unicornomicon facing the viewer, so my main reference was ironically this glorious thing for a little.

Kylgore

Has the beginner's gung-ho spirit!
Jun 9, 2017
Nice job! :D
Side note: Wow! How do I keep forgetting about this thread!?!
Thanks, man. Also, it seems like it's been Barron for a while. It's a real shame. I've been enjoying looking through it and I want to see more art from all these people.

Reactions: Redness

Redness

The Class Pet
Oct 17, 2016
Fœnum
www.youtube.com
After months of procrastination I finally drew Oleander which won a Strawpoll that I set up some time back! This taught me a little more about drawing in general! :D
Thanks for the moral boost @Delusional Dreamer it helped!
Next up: Tian Huo (Smokin Snek)
Edit: My mom sneaked this onto twitter and Mane6 retweeted it! Love you guys! :ollielove:
Oleander:
Uncolored
IMG_1611.JPG
Colored
IMG_1619.JPG

Last edited:

Kylgore

Has the beginner's gung-ho spirit!
Jun 9, 2017
I give i
After months of procrastination I finally drew Oleander which won a Strawpoll that I set up some time back! This taught me a little more about drawing in general! :D
Edit: My mom sneaked this onto twitter and Mane6 retweeted it! Love you guys! :ollielove:
Oleander:
Uncolored
Colored
[/
Oleander:
Uncolored
Colored
This is nice. I especially like how well the eyes came out. If I have one critique, it's that the neck looks too thin, but otherwise, it's great!

Reactions: Redness

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
Here's my first attempt at doing a TFH character, adapted from an older sketch I had laying around.
Velvet isn't the only Keeper able to pose for the camera. Oleander and fhtng th§ ¿nsp§kbl are more than willing to take her on.
It looks great! The lighting is really well done and it's drawn and colored wonderfully, but the body seems to be a little too long. Otherwise it's a fantastic drawing with tons of detail, I especially like the glow on her horn and how well you did the overlapping for her hair.

Reactions: Tox and Sutekh94