Sketches & Doodles: for those of us who can't draw

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016

Made some OCs, I do hope that you'll provide some criticism (save for Harmonica, I know she doesn't look like a donkey): Tfh Extras

It's currently my version of a giraffe, a kelpie, a kamen rider-inspired trio, a donkey, a buffalo, a guanaco (a slightly less furrier neighbor by the alpacas), and a chaotic jackalope. The last one is because I'm not sure if it's part equine or not.

Of course, each time I made tags, the screen froze up on me saying the site wasn't responding. Anyways, I'll make some more later on.

Last edited:

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
And he's not even your character or an iconic character like Peacock from Skullgirls :O Odd.
I'm not sure if you're disliking or disapproving of my drawing or just me in general, if you are, then that's perfectly fine. If I'm going to be honest, I'm going to go ahead and confirm your assumption. Of course I'd love for him to appear in the game. However, I'm sure anyone that spends a lot of time and effort into characters of their own would love to have them brought to life as well; and I'm not trying to make it seem like I'm better than anyone else. As I said at the very beginning of my Knick Knack Thread, 'I'm nobody special', and I'm aware of that. I don't deserve any special treatment or attention, and I wont try and force anyone to think otherwise. There's so many other talented artists here that do indeed deserve the attention over me. I'll never get on my knees and beg someone to give me their attention, or plead to Mane6 to consider adding in my character; because they have more important things to do than waste their time with me. I was going to build and create this character regardless of where it went and how much attention it may or may not have gotten. But I've been lucky to have many people support my project with their kind comments and suggestions, and I'm thankful to each and every one of them: ty4brawl, Salty Beef, Frost Aura, Delusional Dreamer and BypenThynDragon just to name a few. I'm even thankful for your recent comment on my thread which you actually complimented me, and shared your honest, respectful opinion.

Which begs the question: 'How am I supposed to take your comment here?' Because this is all through text, it's hard to discern how your comments are meant to be perceived. Perhaps you only meant that I "reeeeeeaally want him in the game" just as a joke, or maybe you're disgusted by my attachment to my character and wish I'd stop already. If that's how you feel, then I'm sure you can just ignore me altogether if it really does bother you. I'm sorry it came across that way to you, but it's not what I intended. My character was built on fun and a love for the game, which is why we're all here isn't it? I'm sure you're here because you enjoy the game just as much as me, along with the rest of this fanbase. So, why must we try to talk down to each other? I don't see what's wrong with ty4brawl sharing the same feelings about my character, as you kind of make it seem like something he should be ashamed of. I think he has the right to like anything he wants, and if he hated my character, then I'd be absolutely fine with that. Which brings me to the end of this awfully long message.

Have a wonderful day, Zenopo; and I truly mean that. Please don't take this message as 'me taking a stab at you' or me trying to puff out my chest and look all high-and-mighty to you, I just hope maybe you can understand where I'm coming from here, and perhaps we can sort this all out. I only want to make friends here, not enemies. Take care.

Zenopo

MERRY-GO-ROUND
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 17, 2016
@_Vidz_
Your drawing is perfectly fine and I don't have anything against you o_O That's quite the assumption for us virtually never talking to one another.
Like how I can assume you are not truly thankful for my comment, since you didn't reply to it (unless you did recently), but bring it up here to have the morale high ground. Never assume :p <- Do not take that a jab e.e

(responding to 2nd paragraph)
As a joke. The only time I would be disgusted with someones attachment to something is if it's unethical and wrong, like someone who's "attached" to beating people, for a mild example.
There's nothing wrong with ty4brawl liking your picture/character, it's just very odd for someone to want someone else's OC in a game as opposed to either theirs or someone Iconic. Whether or not you think that's bad or good, I find it neutral.

Hey thanks, hope you have a good one to. I did not take your message as anything negative, so it's all fine on this end.
Though I do find it strange how you are the third(?) person to have misinterpret what I said and voiced a concern, despite me being the same in every other game I play and never had this happen.

_Vidz_

Pack Mule
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
@_Vidz_
Your drawing is perfectly fine and I don't have anything against you o_O That's quite the assumption for us virtually never talking to one another.
Like how I can assume you are not truly thankful for my comment, since you didn't reply to it (unless you did recently), but bring it up here to have the morale high ground. Never assume :p <- Do not take that a jab e.e

(responding to 2nd paragraph)
As a joke. The only time I would be disgusted with someones attachment to something is if it's unethical and wrong, like someone who's "attached" to beating people, for a mild example.
There's nothing wrong with ty4brawl liking your picture/character, it's just very odd for someone to want someone else's OC in a game as opposed to either theirs or someone Iconic. Whether or not you think that's bad or good, I find it neutral.

Hey thanks, hope you have a good one to. I did not take your message as anything negative, so it's all fine on this end.
Though I do find it strange how you are the third(?) person to have misinterpret what I said and voiced a concern, despite me being the same in every other game I play and never had this happen.
Thank you for explaining. The thing is, I can get pretty sensitive sometimes when it comes down to what people say and how they word it. In this case, the way you worded everything just seemed like it was intended to be a bit rude. (I figured after I wrote my message I may have overreacted a bit . . . okay, maybe more than a bit ;)) Perhaps the other two people you're talking about just felt the same way as me. Also, you're absolutely right; because we haven't personally spoken to each other, we don't know anything about who we are. Adding on to that, since we can only use the text chat, and not our voices, it's very hard to tell between what can be construed as a joke, or something purposely hurtful. I hope that makes sense.

LOL, and no, I wouldn't pull something sneaky like that to prove a point. I gave your comment a 'like' the first or second day it appeared, so even though I didn't say anything back, I did show my thanks. I really do appreciate your response here, because now it gives me a better understanding of who you are and how you see things. I apologize for blowing this out of proportion (I tend to do that a lot).

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Zenopo

MERRY-GO-ROUND
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 17, 2016
@_Vidz_
You're welcome.
Word of caution, try to be less sensitive while using the internet. If what I said was enough to paint me a bad image, I can't imagine how disgusting the rest of the internet looks for you. <- Not a jab.
I doubt the other people felt the same as you, since I never even mentioned them by name nor hinted at them in anyway. I have no quarrels with anyone on these forums.
That does make sense, though if I wanted to be hurtful, it would have been very apparent. Note: I consider my criticism harsh, but it's not meant to be hurtful for the sake of hurting. Truth hurts, especially when someone's truthfully talking about their opinion.

But you see where assuming gets you, right?
No problem. I'd rather you come out and voiced your concern rather then you saying nothing, building resentment and me wondering why "X" is out to get me.
It's a start for understanding.
Thats alright, it's life.

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
As cool as it would be to have one of my own OCs, or someone like Amaterasu from Okami, I can also appreciate the hard work Vidz has put in. Like, not only did they make art of their character, they did a move set, stage, some book of lore type stuff, as well as a possible npc enemy to himself and Oleander, of course I'd love for someone's hard work to be rewarded like that, even though I know it's probably unlikely, I'd be thrilled if it did. Also, as nice as this chat is, we're going a bit off topic here. lol

Zenopo

MERRY-GO-ROUND
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 17, 2016
@ty4brawl
And now I know why would want someone's OC in a game and agree that this chat did wander off-topic. Though I don't have anything to give outside of feebdack, since I cannot draw to save my life. This thread says it's for those who can't draw, yet I still feel my "work" (cause I have none) inferior.
Kudos to everyone who has posted a drawing~

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Them's Fightin Herds OC Extras 2

Just some more OCs based partly off Lawyer Friendly Equines characters. For some reason, I can't put up the image so click the link. Thankfully, those who worked on the Fighting is Magic game were able to give me ideas on how their fighting style and ultimate attacks work. I would like to hear your opinions on these as well.

Last edited:

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
Yo, it has been a while hasn't it. I have a new profile pic in the works and it does have to do with Them's Fightin' Herds but in the mean time have a look at what I've been working on, as it is related.
preview.jpg
creep.png
preview4.png
Andis shade.png
ahhhhhh.png
This is a new pair of characters I want to use to represent all of my creative outlets, namely music, but other things too.

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
I know this isn't TFH but I wanted to post it anyways.
christmasTwi.jpg

Sorry the photo quality isn't great but I didn't have much time to take a picture.
There is a little bit of a story behind this drawing. My mom was in a store and they had a tree with a bunch of tags on it that were names and interests of foster kids. My mom saw one that said "Lawyer Friendly Equines" on the top of the list and followed buy that was a sketchbook and fine tipped sharpies. So, we got her a bunch of Lawyer Friendly Equines stuff a big sketch book and a multi color pack of fine tipped sharpies.
I wanted to give her something a little extra so I drew this in about an hour. It had been a while since I had done shading like this but I think it turned out nice and I really hope the kid likes it.