Shady Sketches

Jul 4, 2016
Hopefully I'll have something better to present later, but for now, have a headshot of each of the Key Seekers on the back of a written note because I don't like to waste paper in what I hesitantly call my "personal style."

Them's Fightin' Herds.png

And I say "personal style" hesitantly because I don't feel like I have a concrete aesthetic yet.

And something silly I drew in response to when people were still complaining about TFH not being Battling is Supernatural...

TFH - Velvet Let's It Go.png

Old joke is old, but still rather appropriate. :I

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Hopefully I'll have something better to present later, but for now, have a headshot of each of the Key Seekers on the back of a written note because I don't like to waste paper in what I hesitantly call my "personal style."

View attachment 849

And I say "personal style" hesitantly because I don't feel like I have a concrete aesthetic yet.

And something silly I drew in response to when people were still complaining about TFH not being Battling is Supernatural...

View attachment 850

My favorite has to be, without a doubt, your Pom doodle. It is FAN-TASTIC! I hope you make more, these are really good for just doodles.

As a side note, Tian reminds me of those old Godzilla movies, you know, where they were costumes that had HUGE scales and made them super noticeable. I like it that way though, it's like IRL Tian.

Jul 4, 2016
I rather like the way you've handled the hair on each of them. And I'm also a bit of a fan of how you drew Tianhuo's face.
As a side note, Tian reminds me of those old Godzilla movies, you know, where they were costumes that had HUGE scales and made them super noticeable. I like it that way though, it's like IRL Tian.
Huh, I'm kind of surprised that others like Tianhuo's face, just because I thought it could've come out better. I wasn't sure how to draw her head and snout, and especially her flames.

I'm with you, 0Zero100, I think Pom came out the best of the bunch, if only because I'm noticing the fewest mistakes on her.

Critique is welcome, btw, for anyone reading.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Huh, I'm kind of surprised that others like Tianhuo's face, just because I thought it could've come out better. I wasn't sure how to draw her head and snout, and especially her flames.

I'm with you, 0Zero100, I think Pom came out the best of the bunch, if only because I'm noticing the fewest mistakes on her.

Critique is welcome, btw, for anyone reading.
Well, let's start with the lines, the shading, the visuals, the circumference... yeah, I got nothing. Just Zero is fine.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas

View attachment 849

View attachment 850

Public is fine. I already spot plenty of mistakes myself.
Wait... art thou insinuating that Velvet beith Afternoon Shiny horse?

Jul 4, 2016
My favorite has to be, without a doubt, your Pom doodle. It is FAN-TASTIC! I hope you make more, these are really good for just doodles.
Ohh no, these are doodles.
TFH doodle.png

A photo taken by my phone of a pair of sloppy sketches I made of babby Oli and Velvet, just so I'd have something new to post. I might try to draw them better sometime.
(But really, my next project should be a complete redo of Tianhuo; in addition to evert other mistake, I forgot her freaking ears in spite of having a reference!! OTL)

Wait... art thou insinuating that Velvet beith Afternoon Shiny horse?
... o_O??

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Ohh no, these are doodles.
View attachment 853

A photo taken by my phone of a pair of sloppy sketches I made of babby Oli and Velvet, just so I'd have something new to post. I might try to draw them better sometime.
(But really, my next project should be a complete redo of Tianhuo; in addition to evert other mistake, I forgot her freaking ears in spite of having a reference!! OTL)

... o_O??
A certain book for tweens that sparked an uprising named Bookworm Hoers.

And then shiny is synonymous with... *Ahem* *Cough* *Cough*

The OTHER Mane 6. *Cough* *Cough*

BASICALLY for legal reasons, the forums won't ALLOW us to use THOSE names and instead change them to something similar, also clever, in nature.

Like with orange coated blonde haired horse, her name is also a cereal, I'm not too sure if we can call her that. But in THIS certain instance, I am referring to purple pony.

P.S. Hush my mouth and slap me upside the head! I forgot to compliment you on your sketches. Stupid brain, always forgetting stuff. Anyway, those are So cute! Baby Olly looks so adorable in her wizards hat, actually it reminds me of Vivi's hat from Final Fantasy WhateverNumberBecauseAtThisPointThereAreTooManyToCount.

Jul 4, 2016
A certain book for tweens that sparked an uprising named Shiny Vampire Horse.

And then shiny is synonymous with... *Ahem* *Cough* *Cough*

The OTHER Mane 6. *Cough* *Cough*

BASICALLY for legal reasons, the forums won't ALLOW us to use THOSE names and instead change them to something similar, also clever, in nature.

Like with orange coated blonde haired horse, her name is also a cereal, I'm not too sure if we can call her that. But in THIS certain instance, I am referring to purple pony.

P.S. Hush my mouth and slap me upside the head! I forgot to compliment you on your sketches. Stupid brain, always forgetting stuff. Anyway, those are So cute! Baby Olly looks so adorable in her wizards hat, actually it reminds me of Vivi's hat from Final Fantasy WhateverNumberBecauseAtThisPointThereAreTooManyToCount.
OH! Yeah, I don't know how I didn't make that connection.

Really, the purple horse tiara replacing Elsa's was meant to be more representative of the original franchise in general, showing how Mane6 and Lauren have moved on from the old game, and how fans who are still moaning about the new game or insisting on forcing in elements or characters from the original game need to also move on and, y'know, let go. I chose Velvet to represent the creative team as a whole just because she has ice powers. I'm kinda making the picture sound a lot deeper than it actually is. :B

As for the Oli sketch, the hat is actually based on the one worn by Fiona Frightening, the protagonist of another indie game I'm super excited for.

$Bison

Apr 11, 2016
Aaah, I wish my lines were as confident as the ones I'm seeing here. I'm really liking the dramatic pose from Velvet and how the shape of her arms maintain that sharp angularity where they're bent.

For the other picture, Velvet just looks so bald without the floof and horns. XD

Jul 4, 2016
Yeah, I wasn't sure how to make Velvet look younger in that baby pic. XD

Anyway, I really wanted to redo Tianhuo's face, and so I just did a much bigger picture I could more easily perfect. Hopefully the file isn't too big!

Image (13).png

I might try coloring this. What do you guys think? (Especially about the flames. I have no idea how to do folded flame-wings.)
Wow, I should contribute something to another thread sometime... >>;

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Yeah, I wasn't sure how to make Velvet look younger in that baby pic. XD

Anyway, I really wanted to redo Tianhuo's face, and so I just did a much bigger picture I could more easily perfect. Hopefully the file isn't too big!

View attachment 861
I might try coloring this. What do you guys think? (Especially about the flames. I have no idea how to do folded flame-wings.)
Wow, I should contribute something to another thread sometime... >>;
Dude, you should totally color it! It looks amazing and I'm pretty sure we'd all like to see it. I've got no tips for coloring though, sorry. Still, you could give it a shot.

Jul 4, 2016
Wow, it's been so long (to put it very mildly) and I haven't felt motivated to do anything really complex for a while. I actually had the sketches of these drawn months ago, but never got around to posting them. After so long, I decided I oughta spruce them up a little and practice on MediBang a bit.
Again, critique is encouraged.
tumblr_p5iavm4Sap1r5e0reo1_540.png
tumblr_p5nqc0HI2H1r5e0reo1_540.png

Yeah, apparently, I can only do busts. xD
Anyone recognize them from the Book of Lore?