Set preferred palette

tortoiseandcrow

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Oct 17, 2016
It would be nice if I could set a preferred palette for characters so that I don't have to spend time at the beginning of each match finding my favourite ones. I wanna look good, but I also don't want to make my opponent wait for me while I'm busy making myself pretty.

Kastor

Mar 14, 2018
Most palettes can be accessed via a certain button combo on the character select screen. Every attack button except heavy + both utility buttons can be combined in various waits for various palettes. Find the combo for you.

tortoiseandcrow

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Oct 17, 2016
Most palettes can be accessed via a certain button combo on the character select screen. Every attack button except heavy + both utility buttons can be combined in various waits for various palettes. Find the combo for you.
I mean sure I could do that and it has a somewhat old school charm to it, but having to do combos to access what is basically a menu option is not exactly what you'd call user-friendly, y'know?

It doesn't have to be complicated. It could be as simple as the game remembering what palette you chose last for a character, and defaulting to that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pom d'or

Enma

That one Velvet
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Mexico
enmadarei.com
Not all palettes, though, my favourite palette happens to be candy floof and that one is not accessible via button combinations.
If you're gonna have more palettes than button combinations you really need to have some way for the game to remember your favourite. Someone on my stream suggested having a new "cosmetic" slot on pixel lobby that stores the palette you want, and I really like that idea.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer