Separate Menu Button Config

MisterRockett

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Okay so I've finally figured out why the menu UI seems to be so weird every time I change my buttons. It's set to make whatever you have set as Magic to be your confirmation.
Which is really weird for people on controller who might wanna change their defaults and pretty inconvenient for anyone using a fightstick that doesn't have the buttons labeled as Xbox buttons.

I have a Mayflash Universal Fightstick.

It's buttons are labeled as numbers.

Navigating menus are half guesswork as I try to remember what button is what number because I play with the Guilty Gear layout. (For you folks at home that's the buttons in the shape on an L turned 90 degrees clockwise starting with Light at the bottom left). This means Confirm is set to my Y button or the second button from the top of my 8 button stick while the back option is Left Trigger or the 3rd button from the top.

Are there any plans to have separate menu button config like in Guilty Gear? Or at least lock confirm for what the game perceives as the A button?

Pegapnea

Pone
Feb 19, 2016
I was reading through the steam reviews of the game, and this was one of the main reasons because of which someone gave a negative review. I agree this should be implemented.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

QuoteMarks

This is a bug.
Nov 23, 2017
The other possibility is to display the select and back buttons in a corner somewhere.

Edit: just loaded up the menu and those labels are there. Perhaps it's just that I'm using a pad.

Last edited:

MisterRockett

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The other possibility is to display the select and back buttons in a corner somewhere.

Edit: just loaded up the menu and those labels are there. Perhaps it's just that I'm using a pad.
Yeah like I pointed out some fight sticks don't have labled buttons and even if they did moving the confirm button all over the place sucks especially when playing other fighting games that auto set it to one place or another that lets you set it yourself.

QuoteMarks

This is a bug.
Nov 23, 2017
If the Sticks buttons correspond to the pads buttons then select should be D/Magic and back should be C/Heavy.

Feb 23, 2018
I play with default keyboard controls, so i have some of the same problems; The select/back setup for keyboards is just not intuitive. It is perfectly intuitive on say, an xbox controller, but with keyboards it just allways seems to get me confused.