RWBY Discussion Thread

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
wow.
I'll keep quiet for a while (Monday I guess), but wow.
For all of you who don't have paid subscriptions, what do you think will happen?

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
That was a hell of a finish for that season. I remember when they first put out the viewer discretion warning, but holy crap, that got pretty dark in the second half.

...And now we have to wait for the next season after a hype-inducing finale, in typical RoosterTeeth fashion. Hopefully RvB starts up in the next couple months.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
I need to watch this show. I've only ever seen the four character trailers (and the Death Battle between Yang and Tifa), and it looks interesting.

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
I need to watch this show. I've only ever seen the four character trailers (and the Death Battle between Yang and Tifa), and it looks interesting.
Definitely give it a shot. I thought that the first season was pretty average, but it's ramped up in quality pretty significantly. Season 3 was just fantastic, and it really raised the stakes content and story-wise.

Barbaloot

Bringer of sorrow and also donuts.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wisconsin
Good finale. I'm very confident now, even though I know Monty still wrote the entire season, that Kerry and Miles can take up the reigns.

Everyone at Roosterteeth baffles me with their talent. What a wonderful company!

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois
So, it's indeed all gone to Hell.
The thing that surprised me the most is not only is not only is the Narrator a character, but she ALSO the freaking Big Bad! I bet the Halo 5 players got flashbacks to Cortana going rogue with this one.

Also, my condolences to the Pyrrha fans and Arkos shippers.

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
So, it's indeed all gone to Hell.
The thing that surprised me the most is not only is not only is the Narrator a character, but she ALSO the freaking Big Bad! I bet the Halo 5 players got flashbacks to Cortana going rogue with this one.

Also, my condolences to the Pyrrha fans and Arkos shippers.
We Lancaster Now

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
What's RWBY?
RWBY (pronounced "ruby") is an online animated series by RoosterTeeth. It follows the eponymous Team RWBY as they and their fellow students at Beacon Academy train to fight monsters known as Grimm.

It's a pretty cool anime-esque series with lots of fun characters and cool fight scenes. You can check out the series on RoosterTeeth's website or on YouTube. Take a look at the color trailers and see what you think.

EpicBleye

Waifu Stealer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
your dreams.
So how about the Volume Finale? Was that great or was that great?

Anyone that hasn't watched it thus far needs to. It has fantastic characterization and an interesting lore, and the story is turning into something fantastic.

Patthecat

Oleander player~
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Southern California
RWBY (pronounced "ruby") is an online animated series by RoosterTeeth. It follows the eponymous Team RWBY as they and their fellow students at Beacon Academy train to fight monsters known as Grimm.

It's a pretty cool anime-esque series with lots of fun characters and cool fight scenes. You can check out the series on RoosterTeeth's website or on YouTube. Take a look at the color trailers and see what you think.
Oh my, Rooster Teeth is not only doing Red vs Blue anymore? I'm so out of touch with them haha. I'll check it out for sure.

EpicBleye

Waifu Stealer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
your dreams.
Oh my, Rooster Teeth is not only doing Red vs Blue anymore? I'm so out of touch with them haha. I'll check it out for sure.
Volumes One and Two (as a combined movie) are available on Netflix, while the distinct episodes are all available on Rooster Teeth for free.

Volume One definitely has animation flaws, but those are mostly cleaned up by Volume Two and by Volume Three looks gorgeous. Some people think that the story is kind of lackluster in the beginning, and if you think so don't worry, it gets better.

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Anyone have an idea of what to call the new team? (I'm assuming you've seen the episode up till now)
I'm going with RNJR (Ranger) or JRNR(Journeyer)
This new team needs to be ready for all the adventure and tons of Lancaster ships. Pyhrra is most definitely dead, but Penny will be back. I kinda think Ozpin is still alice, but won't be around for awhile. But I'm so excited anyway *squee*
ALSO THIS SHOW NEEDS A CLASSIC 2D FIGHTING GAME
(I would settle for MUGEN)
I liked Grimm Eclipse, but I thought that the characters would work better in a BlazBlue styled fighter(For obvious parallels and sundry reasons).