Roleplaying

Neffles

Humorous Hyped Horsefan
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
With every universe comes people who wish to partake in it. In this thread, you can feel free to muse about the subject matter of the various roleplaying groups that will inevitably spring from the formation of this game, the nature of the OCs that will generously pour forth from the keyboards of imaginative fans (yes, even you!), and the infinite number of ways to combine ideas to create a fun and engaging experience for all.

tl;dr: Talk about RP here.

Masterweaver

Teller of Tales Bard Of Awesomeness
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Internet
www.fimfiction.net
Freeform or system?

...hmm.

Actually...

That gives me an idea. An awful idea. I just had a wonderful, awful idea.

Please excuse me as I cackle and back ominously out the door.

Neffles

Humorous Hyped Horsefan
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Freeform or system?
I personally prefer freeform, although the one penalty it incurs is those people who just can't WRITE
Buuuut, I still like the idea of a whole brand new universe like a shiny new sandbox to play in.

Spoiler alert, Fausticorn is still the deity of this new world.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Well, given the path I've begun to walk, I suspect that would prove to most ... fulfilling.

EDIT: Okay, okay, I'll admit it. "Satisfying" would have been a better word choice.

Star Catcher

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Well, knowing unicorns are a thing, I do have to wonder where pegasi would fit in Foenum.

Hm... I've got a few ideas, now.

Neffles

Humorous Hyped Horsefan
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Well, knowing unicorns are a thing, I do have to wonder where pegasi would fit in Foenum.

Hm... I've got a few ideas, now.
That's the spirit!

I reckon they could be a genetic mutation or somefin'.

Star Catcher

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
I'm thinking more along the lines of making them a species separated from Foenum - they left when the predators first arrived, and they never returned. As such, Foenum barely knows of their existence, and they've long since forgotten. I'm just trying to figure out the logistics on how the entire flock/herd would be able to live safely on a tropical island. (And believe me, there's a surprising amount of danger to be had for those sorts of living conditions - sickness for instance would typically run its course through the entire herd before passing.)

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I'm thinking more along the lines of making them a species separated from Foenum - they left when the predators first arrived, and they never returned. As such, Foenum barely knows of their existence, and they've long since forgotten. I'm just trying to figure out the logistics on how the entire flock/herd would be able to live safely on a tropical island. (And believe me, there's a surprising amount of danger to be had for those sorts of living conditions - sickness for instance would typically run its course through the entire herd before passing.)
Malaria is best pon-er-Ungulate.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
RP? What are we, a bunch of cartoon-loving nerds with nothing better to do than lurk the forums for a game that won't come out for over a year?

Oh. Okay, count me in!

Reactions: OCisbestungulate

CountParadox

Is the answer to this question no?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kansas
Oh yes! I was waiting for someone to bring this up! I hope they make an RP section soon, even though I'm not particularly good at it. XD

Crym4x

What do you mean i can't use a bucket as a hat
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Canberra, Australia
Yay a RP thread, I will be super happy to participate with RP's, it will be good practice and may improve my RP skills a bit more with my current RP's

Datderpydo

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Do we know how rodents fit in Foenum ? And regular horses ?

Hunter

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Well apparently rats get eaten by Pom's dogs (and that's how they deal with getting food despite the sheep doing their best to try and starve them, however unintentionally) but idk about horses. I would say they'd be Lawyer Friendly Equines-sized, for the most part.

Rexis

He, who is concerned.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 9, 2016
I'm actually glad to see people who like Rp'ing. Most forums would in fact, find this cringe-worthy. But I believe TFH's forums are different breed....at least I hope so...I'll be watching this thread up close.

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
Do we know how rodents fit in Foenum ? And regular horses ?
Well apparently rats get eaten by Pom's dogs (and that's how they deal with getting food despite the sheep doing their best to try and starve them, however unintentionally) but idk about horses. I would say they'd be Lawyer Friendly Equines-sized, for the most part.
Well, Pom's brother Woogums said something about the Warmbloods of the Kaimanawa Range, who are horses. They seem to have a pretty good relationship with the sheep, but then again, seeing as the Kaimanawa is just one type of horse, there are probably more living elsewhere. The Book of Lore prologue implied that most horses are from a place called The Steppes. Maybe the Kaimanawa Range is part of The Steppes.

Tobuzora

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 6, 2016
Hmm... Is it... is it too late to join in on this little idea here?