Rich's Recorded Recreations and Jampacked Joke Journals

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Thank you very much! Xcept it's forbidden? Deviantart loves me again.
Also, I was kind of expecting a fanart gallery, but I thought as a separate folder for people to grab wallpapers without looking for them in the forums
Also, let's not derail Rich Jammer's thread please.
Nothing quite like derailing a fanart thread with fanart, no?

That said: This the face of Pom after you've kicked her puppies.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
I can think of one thing better than this.
The finished version o/
Finished version might take some time as I am not just doing Oleander but the rest of the remaining 5.
Is that Oli as a vampire accountant? Or is it that character from Kill la Kill, I see both in the sketch, but can't make up my mind about which it is?
$Bison got it right.
Well... the character is from a Gainax animation. Kneesocks?
The rest of them will also be dressed as characters from works by Gainax and Trigger. Specifically Kill la Kill and Panty and Stocking.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
"I AM NEITHER HORSE NOR DRAGON!
BUT AT THE SAME TIME, I AM HORSE, DRAGON,
AND EVERYTHING ELSE!
Horses can't become dragons!
Horses are Horses!
and Dragons are Dragons!"

I hate the fact that I can't give more than one like, because this DEFINITELY deserves it.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
How?! How do they do it? How do longmas stand upright like that and not faceplant straight to the ground?!
Also, did the uniform take over her whole body, including her eye, or is she long version of it?

Rich Jammer

Backers' Beta Tester
How?! How do they do it? How do longmas stand upright like that and not faceplant straight to the ground?!
The Longmas I think would hold their head up higher more similar to a horse then low like a big lizard (Komodo dragon, monitor lizard etc). In the concept art I used for reference she hold her head up like a horse.
But yeah, looking at it now that you've mentioned it, her head does look a bit top heavy. But alot of cartoon characters have top heavy heads.

$Bison

Apr 11, 2016
Is it possible to get hot-blooded if you're cold-blooded? Are dragons cold-blooded? The joke won't work if the canonical science of this fictional universe doesn't agree with ours!

I am always awed by the size resolution of these vector images, RJ. The way the highlights are bent on the boots and collar give a stylish 3-dimensionality.

Does the shape behind Tianhuo have a specific meaning like Oleander's or is it a decorative flourish?

Last edited:

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Is it possible to get hot-blooded if you're cold-blooded? Are dragon's cold-blooded? The joke won't work if the canonical science of this fictional universe doesn't agree with ours!
Well of course you can! I mean where do you think the flames are coming from?
Also, if you are warm blooded, then your body will regulate your temperature, so you can't hot blood.

Rich Jammer

Backers' Beta Tester
...The joke won't work if the canonical science of this fictional universe doesn't agree with ours!
Ummm,...... LIFE FIBER MAGIC!... They work on Life Fiber energy or whatnot.

I am always awed by the size resolution of these vector images, RJ. The way the highlights are bent on the boots and collar give a stylish 3-dimensionality.
What's cool with working on Illustrator and vectors is that I can make them even bigger and not lose quality. Originally I wasn't going to put in the shine on the boots and the collar. But after finishing the colour it didn't look quite right so I put them in to look metallic and the boots like leather.

Does the shape behind Tianhuo have a specific meaning like Oleander's or is it a decorative flourish?
No, it was an after thought like most of my backgrounds. Originally wasn't supposed to have a background but I put in the scissor blade and the pic just looked empty.

Well of course you can! I mean where do you think the flames are coming from?
Also, if you are warm blooded, then your body will regulate your temperature, so you can't hot blood.
Well, cold blooded animals could get hot blooded if they basked in the sun long enough... until they die that is.

Reactions: $Bison

$Bison

Apr 11, 2016
Aww, that's adorable, especially how way the dress was converted to be more of a poncho/inverness cape! I find it difficult going 1-1 in terms of fashion from humans to cartoon animals sometimes.