Real World Counterpart Nationalities

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Several of these should be pretty easy to agree upon.

I was a bit uncertain on Oleander, but upon looking up more on unicorns in general, Scotland seems perfectly reasonable since Scottish heraldry apparently uses them more than anyone else. I suspect Velvet will be the trickiest to come to a consensus on since different people have insisted that she could be Scandinavian, Russian, or German. I know we've discussed Pom being Welsh, but it seems pretty evident that she's going to be Kiwi in the end, and I am okay with this.

EDIT: And Sinterklaas is from the Netherlands, so our magical reindeer folk could very well be Dutch.

Last edited:

Rick Sanchez

Feb 3, 2016
I like the idea of each of the characters having different accents based on where they came from. I know Velvet has already been confirmed to have a Scandinavian (or at least, some sort of east European) accent, I think Pom was confirmed to have a New Zealand accent, and they discussed a southern accent for Arizona.

But I'd love to hear Oleander with a British/Irish/Scottish accent, Paprika with a Latino accent, and Tianhuo with a Chinese accent.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I would guess Velvet as Finnish (even if her accent doesn't match), for those elves and looooooots of snow. I know Norway and Sweden is snowy to the same degree (or more), but Finland is more known for it.
Or if we can't agree between Swedish or German roots for her, just say she is Dannish :D

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I like the idea of each of the characters having different accents based on where they came from. I know Velvet has already been confirmed to have a Scandinavian (or at least, some sort of east European) accent, I think Pom was confirmed to have a New Zealand accent, and they discussed a southern accent for Arizona.

But I'd love to hear Oleander with a British/Irish/Scottish accent, Paprika with a Latino accent, and Tianhuo with a Chinese accent.
Just imaginig Oleander speaking ladylike in that lowland accent:D:D:D:D (Highland could be used though)

Paprika however..... not exactly sure how latino accents go exactly with her personality, I mean, sure, it's just an accent, but it might get a bit strange