1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Them's Fightin' Herds is now out on Early Access!
    You can buy it from these links.
    Humble Bundle // Steam

3. 26.6.18: Situation update

Current Early Access Patch: 11-5-2018+ Hotfix 11-5-18.a

Question about making a video on something.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Maishul, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Maishul

Maishul Anarchy!

I wasn't sure where to ask this so I'll just ask this here. I'm planning on reviewing a bad fan game, and giving some legit criticism over it. However, there's one problem. Almost all the music in the game is copyrighted to Disturbed- albeit, in instrumental format [props to anyone who knows what the game is]. I can't find any way to turn the music off, so I was just wondering if I could have the footage in the background unedited, or if I should just overlay some gaming music or something.

2. Redness

Redness The Class Pet

You could capture your voice separate from the game and mute the game volume if you are worried about copyright strikes. I haven't got in trouble with anything like that though so far.

Tox and Delusional Dreamer like this.
  3. Tox

Tox Ms. Fortune is best pone
    Backers' Beta Tester

Yea, you could always record the footage you want and then record your words separately, mute the game entirely and then add your voice and whatever music you want to that video file. All it would need is some basic video editing software.