Post-Event News: Winter Tour '19-'20

Infinaron

He Who Manages
Mane6 Developer
May 30, 2017
Rockville, MD - USA
Greetings all.

Our '19-'20 Winter Event Tour has finally come to a close and the team is back home safe. We've got some post-event news to announce, but first let me take a moment to deeply, sincerely thank all the players who stopped by our booth and participated in our tournaments at NEC, MAGFest and Frosty Faustings this season, as well as the event organizers who made it all possible. It was great meeting all of you; we had an amazing time.

The tournaments at Frosty Faustings were especially tasty, and we're excited to upload the local recordings, but there was a hitch in the plan and the uploads will be somewhat delayed. Here's what happened:

On our way back from Chicago, I forgot to collect my laptop after it went through security at the airport and it was left behind. The local recordings of the FF tournaments are on that laptop. When we landed I immediately called TSA and confirmed that they had the laptop secured in their lost and found. They will ship it to me, but it might be awhile before I get it back, at least by next week. Suffice to say, until I get my laptop back, I won’t be able to upload the tournament footage. When I get an update from TSA I will absolutely keep you all posted.

I’m pretty embarrassed that this happened and I'm sorry for the delay. I know you all were looking forward to seeing those matches. Thankfully, they aren’t lost completely. It will just be a bit longer before they're available.

When I do recover the footage, we're thinking of streaming the recordings "rerun" style to make it more of a special event, possibly also with added commentary. Spicy language from the ambient mic may remain uncensored so you don't have to wait any longer than you have to. Viewer discretion will be advised.

We’re still working out the details of this stream, and we won't be announcing an air date until I know exactly when I'm getting my laptop back. It could be short notice. We’ll do our best to give you as much advance info as we can.

And just in case you haven't already seen it, here's a new trailer we made specifically to air on the Frosty Faustings stream!

Now, let's move on to what's ahead.

The entire development team is still working furiously on Chapter 1 of Story Mode so we can get to our 1.0 release. We're not ready to show anything new or announce an ETA quite yet, but we know you're eager for stuff. The Mane6 herdmind appreciates your continued patience.

Because the road to 1.0 demands all of our focus, we are letting people know that we will not be attending any more major events until AT LEAST Combo Breaker 2020.

So yeah, let's talk about CB. The official word about Mane6 and Combo Breaker 2020 is that we are *MOST LIKELY* going and will have a booth, but that is NOT CONFIRMED. The finer details are still being worked out. Logistics and all.

However, we can confirm that the most epic local TFH tournament in the history of the game will be at CB, thanks to the efforts of the Fightin’ Foenatics, our original and biggest community group. Recently they hosted a fundraiser to help bring out some of our best international players and spice up the prize pool with a $1000 pot bonus. A smash.gg page for this tournament is coming, but here's where you can register for Combo Breaker itself. You won't need anything more than a Community Pass if you just want to enter the TFH tournament. Hotels are going fast so please act soon, but in case you can't make it, rest assured that it will be streamed, one way or another.

That's about all for this news update. We'll be in touch about the Frosty Faustings tournament recording stream, the status of Story Mode, and Mane6 @ Combo Breaker 2020 later on. Stay tuned.

Aaron Stavely
Production Manager, Mane6

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
This are amazing news. I really want that stream thing to happen because tournaments just aren't quite the same without Twitch chat being dumb.

Please have that trailer on the Steam Store page, the old trailer is really outdated.
Also this, I'm not one to check on the Steam page but this seems important, being the game's presentation card and whatnot.