Possible to dumb down Flappy for us casuals?

Water

Local Aussie does Nothing
Feb 4, 2016
I know this is gonna be a big "shut up" question but Flappy, that bird boss has been giving me issues for a bit, even on the easiest difficulty. I really just want to dive into the story since that's a good 70% of what I was looking forward for the game.

And also possible to add a alternate way to 'dash' too? The directional double tap's never been good to me.

Tunnel_Rhino526

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
I found out you have to the use the Forward + Light anti-air option to stuff out the attack, then jump cancel into a combo, something the game should hint at. Also the eagle's lunge attack can be crouched.

Last edited:

Brutus

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
The bird is a huge bunghole but it's supposed to teach you how to deal with air characters like Tian. The chip is obscene, though.
Still, AAs and air attacks can generally knock them down without losing too much health. For the ones on the overworld, remember to stomp them first outside the fight to give yourself a bit more of an edge.

Gryphon BBQ

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
I found out you have to the use the Forward + Light anti-air option to stuff out the attack, then jump cancel into a combo, something the game should hint at. Also the eagle's lunge attack can be crouched.
A movement which is not taught during any part of the story mode, you have to suddenly deal with Flappy, I can but a child who is playing for the first time not.
And if one extra Flappy follows you to the top, you'll have to deal with two of them at the same time spamming their movements...
Again, I can deal with them and quickly learn how to defeat the treat but you have no blocking option on platforming.
Even on Casual Difficulty you have ONE live bar to deal with every major boss who have 2.5 bars and adding the NON IN GAME movements which are quite a spectacle but, COME ON! grant people some extra life on lower difficulties between segments...
This is form the point from view of someone who have seen non harcore gaming children being destroyed by the AI on the lowest difficulty setting.

Reactions: Ferettoko