Popular YouTubers Playing?

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Yeah, that went super well. Max loved the game, had so much fun, and they even cancelled playing Skullgirls because TFH was so fun and they couldn't stop. His chat (a few silly tryhards notwithstanding) was also super into it and there was likely a bunch of sales made tonight, or at least made within the next few days or so.

Plus seeing Nappy body the hell out of him and Steve with all 6 characters is just the business.

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
How long have Max been streaming the game? Last thing I remember was watching him start and about an hour or so in I fell asleep and woke up to see him still streaming.
Not counting the beginning of the stream, when they were just looking at palettes and then did some Mail Time, they played TFH for about 5-6 hours. They intended to play Skullgirls, but TFH was so fun that they just couldn't stop. It was awesome.

The whole thing should be archived on his Twitch channel, though Simmons also crossposts their streams to the YoVideoGames channel.

Talen-Jei

Gureato Daze
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
Louisiana
Not counting the beginning of the stream, when they were just looking at palettes and then did some Mail Time, they played TFH for about 5-6 hours. They intended to play Skullgirls, but TFH was so fun that they just couldn't stop. It was awesome.

The whole thing should be archived on his Twitch channel, though Simmons also crossposts their streams to the YoVideoGames channel.
The fact that they literally cancelled a scheduled game just to play TFH more got me genuinely happy. And with how large of a channel Max got, the stream will definitely do wonders for the future of the game. I'm hoping other gaming channels pick up on it and try it out. It deserves all the recognition it gets.

Also, Nappy just bodying Max was hilarious.

Reactions: PixelGrip94

PixelGrip94

Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm curious how much of a fight Max would put against Nappy once he gets a good handle on the game. As fun as it was to see him get his butt whooped, watching a tourney-esque fight between the two would shake the very foundations of the earth.

Also, TFH for EVO 2018 and on. I'd be so there. As of DBFZ wouldn't lure me in enough.

arkiandruski

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
So, how often do games that Max plays on Yo Videogames end up on his youtube channel in some form?

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
So, how often do games that Max plays on Yo Videogames end up on his youtube channel in some form?
If they end up on his channel, it could be a bit, since he typically has someone else (Hawke) do Hype & Rage Compilations for him. I doubt TFH will be getting one of those, though.

As for YoVideoGames, Simmons handles shifting stuff over to YouTube a few videos at a time (sometimes in parts), but he only does it a stream at a time so it'll take him a bit to catch up to the TFH stream.

Talen-Jei

Gureato Daze
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
Louisiana
It's sad to see many people getting triggered over a fighting game about ungulates.
Well, honestly in recent days, those have been few and far between when it comes to the more positive reception and some people who get legitimately surprised that a game like this that many considered to be a joke actually turned out to be a quality product.

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
YoVideogames has begun uploading the non-Nappy parts of their TFH stream now! Here's Part 1, so more parts to come over the next few days. I won't bother posting them in this thread or anything, y'all know where to go.

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Aaaand here's another set of reasonably popular YouTubers hitting up TFH... It's Friends Without Benefits.

Don't, uh, expect any high level play here. ;3 And the comments are a bit cancerous.

Still hoping Alpharad plays it

Talen-Jei

Gureato Daze
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
Louisiana
Aaaand here's another set of reasonably popular YouTubers hitting up TFH... It's Friends Without Benefits.

Don't, uh, expect any high level play here. ;3 And the comments are a bit cancerous.

Still hoping Alpharad plays it
Those comments weren't nearly as bad as I was thinking they would be. As for some of them, they were expected. After all, you know what kind of audience people like Weegee attracts.

Reactions: PinkieFTW

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Those comments weren't nearly as bad as I was thinking they would be. As for some of them, they were expected. After all, you know what kind of audience people like Weegee attracts.
Yeah, pretty much, though naturally they're being stupid and equating the game to Lawyer Friendly Equines, despite mentioning the C&D. As a result, someone in the comments literally refers to the characters as "pony OC designs." It's like, come on, guys.

Reactions: PinkieFTW

Valsion

Feb 24, 2018
Yeah, pretty much, though naturally they're being stupid and equating the game to Lawyer Friendly Equines, despite mentioning the C&D. As a result, someone in the comments literally refers to the characters as "pony OC designs." It's like, come on, guys.
Yeah, that has started to annoy me to no end as well. Yes, the game started as a fangame and yes, the character design is similar but TFH is now something original, unrelated to LFE. Same as those people who are unreasonably averse to lawyer friendly equines and refuse to give this game a chance because it is tangentially related to the series.

Valsion

Feb 24, 2018
Looks like the game is getting the promotion it deserves. I still kinda want to know how well it has sold so far, since I would very much like to see this become a success.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
(notes something Ninkendo said) Interesting...perhaps if some of us pool our money to buy a bunch of copies, we can send them as rewrapped 'gifts' to the various other Let's Players who are yet unaware of TFH's existence. Like TFS, for example.

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I see Ninkendo is enjoying the game's in-progress AI there. Mwaha. Glad he liked it though.

This isn't a YouTuber, but I figure I might as well link it here for you guys, but Destructoid has an Early Access Review up for the game, and it's very positive: Early Access Review: Them's Fightin' Herds