Pokken

Some Person

Pretty Pony Princess
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Santa Clarita, CA
And why not, a thread on this game too. Currently looking forward to it and am gonna main Lucario cause he's my fave.

Who's gonna be what?

Altashi

Never Was a Wiser
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Western Australia
The current roster choices are a little lackluster. Two Pikachus is pretty lame. But Chandelure was a pretty awesome 'mon to add.

Kinda sorta looking forward to the Wii U release. But I really wanna see who else is getting in.

Out of the current choices, I'd prolly play Braixen or Chandelure.

Reactions: Gamerdude854

Rishmael

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Currently leaning Weavile, but I'm gonna play around when it drops and see which character actually fits my play style.

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois
I've got it on pre-order along with the controller. Gotta have that arcade experience.

As for a main, probably Blaziken or Charizard.

Laurel Crown

Leader of the Proud Nation of Velvetia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Can't wait for Pokken to come out so that I'll play with the WiiU once again. Hope to main Gardevoir. ^o^

Barbaloot

Bringer of sorrow and also donuts.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wisconsin
Mah Boi Gengar is on the roster. That makes me happy.

Chandelure, Wevile and Sceptile all look interesting as well.

lunadash

Back to the Lab again
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Outside of Rein
I wish they were add more gen 2 pokemon into pokken like Ampharos, Umbreon or Espeon just to name a few that would fit.

Ferettoko

Procrastinator at Large
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I was looking to main Weavile, but Chandelure is looking pretty rad.(and maybe Septile-Treeko was my first "official" starter)

And even though the types don't actually matter, I think adding a bug Pokémon could turn out really neat. :3

Ferettoko

Procrastinator at Large
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Havent actually heard a huge amount on pokken, how is the game looking? :eek:

Here is from before Septile and Chandelure was added.

P.S. Pikachu Libre may be another Pikachu, but she's(she has the female tail) definitely not a clone and has her own moveset.

Edit: Now there is Garchomp and Braixen too.

Last edited:

silverreverb

→→+z
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I was on the fence about pokken but as soon as I heard that chandelure was gonna be in the game, I knew exactly who I was gonna main

CountParadox

Is the answer to this question no?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kansas
Excited for it, I plan on picking it up sometime after it drops and maining Gardevoir.

The Skullivan

That guy what with the ponies
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
This game is looking really interesting so far. I've been really impressed by the variety of different pokemon they're bringing in, too. It would have been incredibly easy to just fill the game up with fighting types and call it a day, but they've got a pretty nice selection. Especially Braixen. Adorable fox pyromancer for the win.

Plus, now that Chandelure's in there are officially no rules, so I'm rooting for MissingNo in the next update.

Altashi

Never Was a Wiser
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Western Australia
Kinda hoping they'd put Golurk in, but given all the 'mons in so far seem to be either fan or dev favourites, I don't see it happening. :(

CountParadox

Is the answer to this question no?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kansas
Kinda hoping they'd put Golurk in, but given all the 'mons in so far seem to be either fan or dev favourites, I don't see it happening. :(
I'm still hoping Banette will eventually be added to the roster.

Paper Shadow

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New I wish they were add more gen 2 pokemon into pokken like Ampharos, Umbreon or Espeon just to name a few that would fit.

The Gen 2 Struggle is real yo...

Also, I think most people's problem with Pikachu Libre is that there's already a Pikachu in the game and a popular luchador pokemon not in the game, so to ignore the latter in favour for another of the former, even if it has got a different moveset, has disappointed people...

Zekira Drake

Burrito's burritos
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I still can't justify getting a Wii U just for this game, especially since this game is being called a shit game (literally) in Japan right now, but I would at least like to try it and hoping that there's enough competitive aspects to be a competitive fighter, even with all the doubts.

Playing both Braixen and Weavile front, and for support I don't see myself using anything else other than Greninja right now.

Proxyvirus

That Dragonshy Person
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Austin, TX
I still can't justify getting a Wii U just for this game, especially since this game is being called a shit game (literally) in Japan right now,
Really? This game looks amazing, how would ppl say is shit. ( maybe cause the arcade version? )

lunadash

Back to the Lab again
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Outside of Rein
The thing that suck is about pokken is player one must use the GamePad in versus mode due to software design

Proxyvirus

That Dragonshy Person
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Austin, TX
The thing that suck is about pokken is player one must use the GamePad in versus mode due to software design
Ahh that makes sense, it's prolly be weird playing with that and against a player with a more proper controller

Zekira Drake

Burrito's burritos
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Really? This game looks amazing, how would ppl say is shit. ( maybe cause the arcade version? )
They say it has too few characters

Slow gameplay.

Stale fighting mechanics, too much RPS and not much neutral game to work with.

They used to stay that there were no boss characters too but that was quickly fixed when the Shadow Mewtwo update got released.

Laurel Crown

Leader of the Proud Nation of Velvetia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earlier Arcade versions has always less characters so that people would buy the console versions but, at the same time, the former is more like a preview of what we are going to expect.

EpicBleye

Waifu Stealer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
your dreams.
Doesn't the console version of 20-something characters? That's about average for a fighting game not named Street Fighter or Smash Bros.

Zekira Drake

Burrito's burritos
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earlier Arcade versions has always less characters so that people would buy the console versions but, at the same time, the former is more like a preview of what we are going to expect.
Tell that to the arcade people in Japan lol, they're the ones who badly received the game after all

Proxyvirus

That Dragonshy Person
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Austin, TX

Slow gameplay.

Stale fighting mechanics, too much RPS and not much neutral game to work with.

They used to stay that there were no boss characters too but that was quickly fixed when the Shadow Mewtwo update got released.
Oh, that's some crucial points; but I think the inner Pokemon fan in me would luv it either way

A88mph

Game Maker and Starship Captain.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
a88mph.itch.io
Question: If you could add one and only 1 Pokemon to Pokken which one would you add and why?
My first 2 picks (Guardivor and Mewtwo) are already in-game. So my 3rd choice would have to be Meloetta. She is one of cutest legendary Pokemon, and she has 2 forms that can be used for offensive and defensive modes of play.

Reactions: Necroceine