Pokken

Proxyvirus

That Dragonshy Person
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Austin, TX
Question: If you could add one and only 1 Pokemon to Pokken which one would you add and why?
Scrafty, I feel like it could make a decent Miguel like fighter. I can see it pull some cheap shots like steppin on the opponents feet or sumthin

Paper Shadow

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Question: If you could add one and only 1 Pokemon to Pokken which one would you add and why?
I think Scizor is the best choice. It's a Gen II Pokemon (which we're lacking), a Bug type Pokemon (which isn't in the game yet at all), it has a Mega-Evolution (to match the theme of pokemon mega-evolving (when possible)), and has wings (which only Charizard has), leading him to be an agile air-fighter archetype...

Reactions: Ferettoko

Chaf

Orange Sanguine
Feb 3, 2016
Paris, France
I wanna try Pikachu and Gardevoir.
I don't give a damn about who's gonna be in the cast or not. I just hope that the game will be balanced and competitively enjoyable.
The thing that suck is about pokken is player one must use the GamePad in versus mode due to software design
You can use 2 Wii Us and connect them on LAN. So, everyone can play with what they want. The gamepad, the pro pad or the Pokkén pad.

Some Person

Pretty Pony Princess
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Santa Clarita, CA
oh, and info here:

For the Support Pokémon, Cubone uses Bonemerang which is a quick long range attack that hits multiple times and brings opponents to you.
Diglett uses Dig which makes it easy to land combos when the opponent has been hit.

Magneton uses Tri Attack which aims upward. It lowers opponents' Speed & Attack and is good against jumping opponents.
Quagsire uses Mud Bomb. It is effective on players on the ground and damages even if guarded against.

Espeon uses Morning Sun which removes status conditions as well as healing Hit Points.The less time on the clock, the more it raises.
Finally, Umbreon uses Snarl which sucks up the opponent's Resonance Gauge and prevents them being able to land critical hits

We Elena boys now with Espeon

lunadash

Back to the Lab again
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Outside of Rein
oh, and info here:

For the Support Pokémon, Cubone uses Bonemerang which is a quick long range attack that hits multiple times and brings opponents to you.
Diglett uses Dig which makes it easy to land combos when the opponent has been hit.

Magneton uses Tri Attack which aims upward. It lowers opponents' Speed & Attack and is good against jumping opponents.
Quagsire uses Mud Bomb. It is effective on players on the ground and damages even if guarded against.

Espeon uses Morning Sun which removes status conditions as well as healing Hit Points.The less time on the clock, the more it raises.
Finally, Umbreon uses Snarl which sucks up the opponent's Resonance Gauge and prevents them being able to land critical hits

We Elena boys now with Espeon
Espeon confirmed for support timer scam :D

Zekira Drake

Burrito's burritos
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
but Don't worry there still a huge chance that Absol will make it in.
Yeah I'm trying to be mostly optimistic and keeping this in mind...

*cries*

Whitetail

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 3, 2016
soundcloud.com
is it like a touch pad or something?
Nah pretty sure it's just a normal flat controller
I think it's to keep the controller consistent with the arcade machines but that seems kinda silly... especially when Smash bros does so well and supports every controller compatible with the Wii U ever and one that's not normally

Zekira Drake

Burrito's burritos
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Been a pad player since forever, so my first impression on the pad doesn't really bother me. I honestly can't really imagine using a stick on Field Phase, either.

Zekira Drake

Burrito's burritos
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I don't have a Wii U and can't afford to take money away from my savings to get one else life will bite me back in the ass :(

(I can actually buy like, 5 Wii Us right now, but due to life priorities, I can't buy one until maybe after August)

Hopefully one of my friends will let me crash their place just so I can try the game :/

Proxyvirus

That Dragonshy Person
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Austin, TX
I don't have a Wii U and can't afford to take money away from my savings to get one else life will bite me back in the ass :(

(I can actually buy like, 5 Wii Us right now, but due to life priorities, I can't buy one until maybe after August)

Hopefully one of my friends will let me crash their place just so I can try the game :/
I have that feeling by that time ppl are goin to learn the ins and outs of the game and exploit the hell out of players

Galaxy Heart

Caffeine-Based Life Form
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Down the ne'er-do-well.
I'd honestly like to see some DLC down the line, but some of the initial choices for the cast were...questionable at best.

No Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee?
Libre Pikachu over Hawlucha / Sawk / Throh?
Sceptile?

I dunno, some of them are suspect, but I heavily approve of some of the outliers like Chandelure and Suicune.
What I do feel is missing at the moment from the game at the moment though is a lack of a trickster. We've got rushdown, "Shoto", glass cannon, grappler and zoner; but I can't see a trickster, to my knowledge.

I'd also like some more projectile-based zoners, but that's me.

TheTrainingDummy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
California
image.jpeg

I'm at one of the early access tournaments today. I live nearby one so it wasn't hard getting to it. Wanted to play, but apparently all the spots for the older division got closed up pretty fast. Fortunately my little brother can still play but we don't really know anything about the game. Looks pretty interesting so far.

Reactions: Ferettoko

V.A.a.M.P.P

The Man that had a plan but forgot it
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Great Unknown in Texas
View attachment 340

I'm at one of the early access tournaments today. I live nearby one so it wasn't hard getting to it. Wanted to play, but apparently all the spots for the older division got closed up pretty fast. Fortunately my little brother can still play but we don't really know anything about the game. Looks pretty interesting so far.

Well good luck to your younger bro, and if you get a chance to get your hands on it, you should tell us about it

TheTrainingDummy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
California
Well good luck to your younger bro, and if you get a chance to get your hands on it, you should tell us about it
Unfortunately, according the representatives there will be no time for free play even if they finish early. So it's a no go. Just have some poor footage from my phone XD

lunadash

Back to the Lab again
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Outside of Rein
After playing for only playing 6 games I think Gengar and Weavile are the best two day 1 characters

Main: Braixen
Sub: Lucario, Suicune and king of zoning Chandelure

lunadash

Back to the Lab again
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Outside of Rein
After that Nintendo Direct (and they say nintendo hates DLC)

RIP everyone dream of having (put your pokemon here) of joining Pokken

Zekira Drake

Burrito's burritos
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
After that Nintendo Direct (and they say nintendo hates DLC)

RIP everyone dream of having (put your pokemon here) of joining Pokken
What did they say, that there's no plans of adding more Pokemon as DLC?

I'm honestly really fine with that at the moment... but will probably look for more playables when the game starts aging.